• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Scott Pilgrim Thread

Restposten

Cultist on Board
Reaction score
Steam
Toffer
Parasoul Ms. Fortune
420px-Scott_Pilgrim_vs_the_World_Wordmark.svg.png

I was shocked to find out that there isn't a thread about one of the greatest videogame flavoured slacker-stories set in canada on this board.
There's much ground to cover: the comic itself, the edgar wright-movie from 2010, the short-lived videogame with artwork by paul robertson (does someone know if there's a way to still play the damn thing?), Creator Bryan Lee O'Malleys other projects like Seconds, Lost at Sea and Snotgirl and even a (somewhat loose) connection to Skullgirls.
Personally I think that while it understandably lost a bit of cultural relevance since its debut, it's still an immensely fun story about the many faces of love, videogame logic, confronting the past, garage rock and getting your shit together.

But yeah

What do you people think about Scotts adventures in the strange and foreign lands of Toronto?

Reactions: KaboomKid
Man.

Scott Pilgrim is legitimately my favorite comic book and my favorite movie of all time.

Like, Bryan Lee's works all have a certain depth to them, which make them all great, but Scott Pilgrim's message, humor, action, and characters really struck a huge chord with me.

In conclusion:

Fuck, man. Scott Pilgrim is sooooooooo good.

Reactions: Restposten
Oh yeah, my all-time favourite graphic novel! Have you seen the card game too? Gotta get a copy.

Oh yeah, my all-time favourite graphic novel! Have you seen the card game too? Gotta get a copy.
Yes, but I opted to get 5 Minute Dungeon for family game night over it.

waitwait: there is a card game?
Yes, but it's more of a board game.

If you live anywhere near an Alamo Drafthouse they're doing a thing for Scott Pilgrim next month.

I've seen the movie, played the game and read every book.