• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS4 Second Encore: Sound Levels Glitch

erkicman

I'm the MASTER of non-arguments
Reaction score
Steam
erkicman87
Parasoul Robo Fortune Beowulf
Started story mode, had some trouble hearing voices in story sequences with the music playing really loud.

Went to options, set sounds to the following levels:

Music: 30%
Voice: 90%
Effects: 60%

In the main menu, sound levels adhere to these parameters. Then when going to, say, a character select screen, all volumes return to their 100% levels resulting in really loud music coming in suddenly and staying at 100%. I think this also happens when I go from character select back to the main menu.

The jump in volume is not immediate. There's a delay. When going into character select, the music is really quiet, then jumps to a very loud volume after about 5 seconds. When going back to the main menu, the music starts quiet, then exactly when the piano comes into the main menu theme, it gets loud again.

Reactions: AWP112 and Flotilla
Noticed similar stuff in story mode.
During matches the music would play at the correct lowered volume, but it would become loud again a few seconds into cutscenes.

Reactions: erkicman
Me too. The music would sometimes be WAY higher than everything else during cutscenes.

At 100% volume on everything, the cutscene vocals are just too quiet by default, regardless. Could use a bump.

Reactions: erkicman
I get the same issue in the story mode as well. It's really difficult to hear characters like Double, Cerabella, and Big Band since they speak so softly at times.
Glad I'm not the only one. Thought I had developed hearing problems for a moment there.

After watching back some youtube footage of the story modes, it's pretty clear that the cutscene music levels are jumping really high a few seconds after the scene starts, leading to a huge audio imbalance. I hope it's an easy fix, because it really does make it hard to hear the dialogue without the music levels being uncomfortably high.

Also, listening to the Dekillsage getting his ass handed to him during the Poisoned Eliza/Marie challenge stream today it's pretty clear that certain sound effects are clearly playing extremely loudly during gameplay, like with the "Getting a bar of meter" and "Explosions from Eliza's lvl 3" sound effects to name a few. (Serious, some sound effects will clearly kill headphones here)

The inconsistent sound levels between what is input in the settings and what the game is playing during the cut scenes and character select is out of control. I've even set music to 0% in the settings but it's still playing and making my ears bleed anyway. Please find a way to make the sound level options universal.

The inconsistent sound levels between what is input in the settings and what the game is playing during the cut scenes and character select is out of control. I've even set music to 0% in the settings but it's still playing and making my ears bleed anyway. Please find a way to make the sound level options universal.
They've already fixed it, coming to us in the next patch.