• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

#SendTheWorldToComboBreaker

Of the finalists, who do you think should get priority?

• Sig (Japan)

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • 159man (Japan)

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • zeknife (Sweden)

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Yaya (Canada)

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters

Kai

Go Home And Be A Family Man!
Reaction score
Website
www.killallinstinct.com
Steam
Kai
PSN
Night_Phyre
Parasoul Cerebella Big Band
People have suggested a fundraising capaign to help various international players make it out to Combo Breaker 2016, so let's talk.
  • Who? Let's talk candidates:
    • Japan: Sig, Inuchiyo, baiken, Infy, Poccola
    • Brazil: Caiolugon, noaa, jorge, daemyx
    • UK: Mr Peck, Woofly
    • Korea: Magicman
    • Sweden: zeknife
  • How much per person?
    • Do we aim to fully fund a few people, or subsidize a dozen?
  • Who handles he campaign?
    • I handled SendBrazilToComboBreaker, and I can do the same for this one, if need be.
Thoughts?
Campaign is now live:
https://www.gofundme.com/SendTheWorldCB2016

Last edited:
I like this idea and would help donate towards all these guys.

Don't forget that we should be getting Woofly too from EU...I think from UK?

Reactions: Kai
Japan: Infy
Africa: Ciscokid
Where does Pali live again?

Gotta be careful though, you may make Zidiane quit the game
gqwft56b.jpg

Voted Woofly and Magicman

Woulda voted Caio but I guess he can handle it himself? Hella

What kept him from accepting assistance from the campaign was his visa.

What kept him from accepting assistance from the campaign was his visa.
Oh I see. Fixed my vote thanks

Reactions: Kai
I'm a european and I would also participate to help strong players from our old continent to make it to Combo Breaker 2016. I would like to see there Woofly, Thai Ming and Mr Peck.

Poccola would be cool too, since his Youtube channel is one of the best windows into Skullgirls.

Voted Poccola.

He may not be the best player out of this list, but I think he has done so much for the community with his game play videos constantly keeping people interested that he deserves a little gift from all of us.

#SEND WOOFLY TO COMBO BREAKER

Zeknife is Swedish, by the way.

I'm a european and I would also participate to help strong players from our old continent to make it to Combo Breaker 2016. I would like to see there Woofly, Thai Ming and Mr Peck.
Thai Ming? Lol nah.

Dang I wanna see Poccola rock dat Parasoul. Plus some guys from EU I don't really know.

Caiolugon, Poccola, and sig all get my votes.

I personally think it's really really early to be strategizing about this, but okay. Also consider that anyone we throw our support (ie $$$) behind has to agree to it, and it's REALLY early to agree to accept other people's money for something in May of next year.

So for Japanese people who have day jobs it's really tough to take what basically ends up being a full week off of work. Unless CB miraculously happens the same week as Golden Week (look it up), it'll be tough to get players over from JP. This is straight from SIG's mouth btw.

Also Inuchiyo doesn't really play SG any more. He plays Smash Wii U.

Poccola is awesome and I'd love for him to come out here but he isn't even the best Parasoul in Japan.

SIG has also said to me personally that he's gonna try to come back next year, and will keep coming till he wins. I'm sure some of that is the salt talking since that was literally moments after he lost, but the intent is already there.

I personally think it's really really early to be strategizing about this, but okay. Also consider that anyone we throw our support (ie $$$) behind has to agree to it, and it's REALLY early to agree to accept other people's money for something in May of next year.

So for Japanese people who have day jobs it's really tough to take what basically ends up being a full week off of work. Unless CB miraculously happens the same week as Golden Week (look it up), it'll be tough to get players over from JP. This is straight from SIG's mouth btw.

Also Inuchiyo doesn't really play SG any more. He plays Smash Wii U.

Poccola is awesome and I'd love for him to come out here but he isn't even the best Parasoul in Japan.

SIG has also said to me personally that he's gonna try to come back next year, and will keep coming till he wins. I'm sure some of that is the salt talking since that was literally moments after he lost, but the intent is already there.
Well, I wouldn't really start raising money until like, January. It is an international trip, though, you know? Figured it couldn't hurt to get the ball rolling.

I'll take the notes on the lapsed players, though.

That's a really great initiative, and I'm glad to see my name even mentioned on a list like this.

I should not have any financial problems regarding any trip on 2016 if that would ever happen. If something happens that would be entirely visa issues and funding would make no difference whatsoever.

So... yeah! Thanks for suggesting me, but please, take me off the list :)

That's a really great initiative, and I'm glad to see my name even mentioned on a list like this.

I should not have any financial problems regarding any trip on 2016 if that would ever happen. If something happens that would be entirely visa issues and funding would make no difference whatsoever.

So... yeah! Thanks for suggesting me, but please, take me off the list :)
Roger that.

<3

But for real though, what kept me from going to CB were issues with getting a visa in time, so I should be good for next year on my own. :)

@CaioLugon I just re-read your post, and I'm not clear. Do you not want to be considered for this, because you will be able to make it on your own?

I'd love to see GFarmer at CB.
He made that amazing FrAcTal combo video

(Thank you guys... ;-;7)

I'm happy, but... I can't. Family problems, and some other things. My family mostly, but is not their fault, they're just worried. But I guess that's normal. I'll try to be there soon as I can, but I can't for now.

Then... Thank you so much, really! But, please take me off the list. ^^

(Thank you guys... ;-;7)

I'm happy, but... I can't. Family problems, and some other things. My family mostly, but is not their fault, they're just worried. But I guess that's normal. I'll try to be there soon as I can, but I can't for now.

Then... Thank you so much, really! But, please take me off the list. ^^
Jorge?

Jorge?
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe I'm not even here.
If someone asks you about it, just tell them this:

you-didnt-see-anything.gif

Just replace the "You" with "I".

But really, it is me.

Sadly Acido is not involved in Skullheart community, but he has a serious enough team to back him up and I believe enough resources to make a trip if he deems needed.

I'll send him this link by the way. Let's see if he has something to say.

Reactions: mcpeanuts and Kai
I think this is more about getting players that people want to see out to events rather than specifically insisting that people have to be a part of this site. There's no reason to play politics about that kind of thing.

It's not a big deal. At the very least he'll just tell me what he thinks and I'll bring it back to you guys. Information and getting the word spread is the important bit, right? No one's forcing anything don't worry. It's just good initiative :)

Reactions: Vadsamoht and Kai
So Acido asked me to opt him out of it. His focus lies on a trip to EVO 2016. His main game is UMVC3 and he's been heavily commited on it. He thanked and took appreciation on the initiative from you guys.

Reactions: gllt and Colossi
I never know how to feel about these "#SendSoAndSoToSuchAndSuch". I'll be happy if someone can go that couldn't have made it before, though. It was really great seeing Caio at CB.

Last edited:
@CaioLugon I just re-read your post, and I'm not clear. Do you not want to be considered for this, because you will be able to make it on your own?
I'll be able to make it on my own yeah, visa situation is figured out and money shouldn't be a problem.

Oceania isn't part of the world though.

I'd like to see how GFarmer or MagicMan would do but I haven't seen any of them recently so no idea what would happen.

Where's Uzu?

Infy, all the way

I miss that smarmy mugglegumper

Hello yes I logged in on my craptop from 2007 just to say that I would pay cash dollars to bring Poccola to CB.

Magicman is in the army he's not coming here to play.

THAT'S what I like to hear, because sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can.

I didn't write that, its from this poem called "The Man Who Thinks He Can" by Walter D. Wintle

Reactions: earlfriend
I would like some help to be sent to Combo Breaker. It's not cheap flying from AUS to US. I'm also the best AU/NZ region SG player by far, and would like to play against other people who shared similar level of commitment and passion for the game.

Would like to see me at combo breaker.. But lol I won't ask any money to do so... No one would give it to me anyways :( but I'm planning on doing a combo breaker or evo trip next year, like I was this year. I was sidetracked by very unfortunate circumstances this year so hopefully next year will be better

Players I'd like to see go to CB or evo:

Woofly
Zeknife
Gfarmer
Magicman
Baiken
Clarencemage
Tomo
Dean

All players that could benefit a lot from seeing international competition and who have distinct styles to bring to the table. Some better than others (heh)

Really want Japan should arcade to come FFS so that they can start to really field some monsters.

People want to see that EU tear toss scrub me/knife play? You guys are mad. Jokes aside it's nice to see people really want to see me get destroyed!

Reactions: Ranger