• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

SG Initial Release, SDE, and ENCORE all in one package.

So what do you honestly think of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WrestlerGuile

Reaction score
Steam
EVoDRAgQUEEn (If a Skullgirls Sequel comes out)
PSN
FASTERLANED
Painwheel Unknown Unknown
I've been thinking about how players miss the first Skullgirls where you would be able to use crouching combo loops and other ridiculous stuff. Then they miss Skullgirls SDE where you went beyond the limitations of the IPS, and now we have abide by the Undizzy bar (not that it's a bad thing, especially since I get my ass kicked nearly all the time by casuals and experts). I was thinking: what if we had an option where we can choose the IPS were limited by as variation of metagame. Skullgirls Classic; Skullgirls Annie-versary for SDE; and pretty much the same name for Skullgirls Encore. I'm not saying we need it, but it would be awesome to go old school, of course with the limitations of the Undizzy bar.

We don't really need to splinter the community more than it already is.

Sorry, I thought no one paid attention to this, but why is the community splintered?

I appreciate you honoring my wishes

I don't think having the different versions in one game is possible. Mike said something like having all the versions together would be multiple time the size. So if Skullgirls is 700mbs, having Vanilla, SDE, MDE, and Ecore all together would be 2.8 gigs.

Also, we have few enough players as it is. You would find Zero matches online if you did this.

Sorry, I thought no one paid attention to this, but why is the community splintered?
Basically, if you have 3 versions of the game, you'll have roughly 1/3 the players in each of them. That's not good when there's no guarantee you'll have a large playerbase to begin with.
The community is split already from the ps3 and pc versions.
It's also pretty unnecessary. I understand that some people like the old versions but when it's costing you a steadily rising amount of new characters? Really? You still want that?

So basically a Hyper SFII for SG? Assuming that it was possible in the first place, for a game this young and Indy that would be splitting the community across the various versions which would result to a self-destructive community. Similar reason why you can't control the game speed unlike the dev build, it would split an already limited player-base because Bob prefers x speed while Joey prefers y speed.

DoA 5U has this issue because some players prefer higher 300 health, while others prefer the default 270 health, and few prefer original 240 health. It just gets messy.

I get your points. It only sounds like a good idea, but in reality it's awful because the community's split apart heavily. This would complicate traffic and the community wouldn't stay for a broken up game.