• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shantae Series

BxCbXNuCcAAxsr-.jpg:large

It's almost here.

can't wait. can't wait. can't wait. can't wait. can't wait.

What about Half-Genie Hero though? Shouldn’t that release next month? I know they probably cant hold that date, but I haven’t heard anything of the Beta either.

Half-Genie Hero was pushed back to give them time to work on the stretch goal that was recently reached. Not sure how that affects the Beta and merch that was going to be released next month.

Half-Genie Hero was pushed back to give them time to work on the stretch goal that was recently reached. Not sure how that affects the Beta and merch that was going to be released next month.

I would like to know the date limit of the donations, It would be nice if they made it public to do a final stretch and to give us a reasonable calendar.

We could ask. Once I get home from work I'll send them an email and ask on the forums to see if they have any plans or a set date.

We could ask. Once I get home from work I'll send them an email and ask on the forums to see if they have any plans or a set date.

Thanks. I would really like to get Nega-Shantae, but we have to plan ahead to see how it will go.

oh my word, I can imagine a ton of donations coming in to try and give them all of their goals reached if they gave a date the donations won't be accepted anymore!

You know I really like the guys at Wayforward. I had a problem with my donation which was linked to the wrong email address.

They took the time to read my questions and help me sort this problem out. And they even give me the wallpapers during our exchange in case it didn't work.

Anyways they are a really awesome team. I talked to at least three guys and all of them were really nice.

So I'm happy to say that these 25$ were really well spent.

CONFESSION TIME:

I like the older, "taller" and "slimmer" design of shantae way more than the 1/2 genie hero one

confession time:

I still wish we could have shantae with the lighter skin only because red on light colors LOOK REALLY GOOD and because I love it when my favorite color is accentuated well...

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Confessions:

• I find the darker skin on Shantae is more attractive.
  • I miss doing inputs for the dances.
  • Shantae talking is weird.

confession time:

I still wish we could have shantae with the lighter skin only because red on light colors LOOK REALLY GOOD and because I love it when my favorite color is accentuated well...

4054743973_5713642663_You_Racist_xlarge_xlarge.jpeg

Just joking. I also really loved it.

I even asked to put sunblock Shantae pallete as an aditional color.

Reactions: Denizen
just to be clear, nobody wants to whitewash Shantae.... we just want that red on white because it's a delicious combo.

just to be clear, nobody wants to whitewash Shantae.... we just want that red on white because it's a delicious combo.

Calm down, man. It was just a joke. We are not on tumblr.

I'm a Tumblr and I'm very offended. Check you're privilege you obviously straight white men.

I mainly just don't want to give people the wrong idea since this isn't the first time lighter skinned Shantae has been brought up.

I mean from an aesthetic point of view yes Shantae does look a little better with a light skin against red skin, but I think it's for the better that she remains her dark skinned self.

Wasn't there an article about Wayforward being racist for originally making Shantae more light skinned? It might have been a joke article but I don't remember.

You mean like originally originally gameboy or recently half-genie hero originally?

HGH originally. It was when the Kickstarter was still happening.

yeah, and I was the one who tried to defend it because ;w; I really liked the red on lighter skin...

yeah, and I was the one who tried to defend it because ;w; I really liked the red on lighter skin...

Liking things is allowed.

I'm a Tumblr and I'm very offended. Check you're privilege you obviously straight white men.

Oh noes, I have been found out! *hides*

Although, what is the tumblr opinion on white brazilians of portuguese ancestry? :P

Red on light, yellow on dark. Beautifful combinations.

The joke article:

http://www.p4rgaming.com/the-penny-...e-kickstarter-you-might-as-well-join-the-kkk/

whydoikeepplayingvideogames.png

Although, what is the tumblr opinion on white brazilians of portuguese ancestry? :P

I don't think Tumblr knows Brazil exists lol. I'm half Brazilian and pretty light skinned, but I have tanned and black family members because Brazil is a wonderland of people getting along.

I don't think Tumblr knows Brazil exists lol. I'm half Brazilian and pretty light skinned, but I have tanned and black family members because Brazil is a wonderland of people getting along.
well when you have a famous giant Jesus statue in your country it doesn't seem that surprising.

well when you have a famous giant Jesus statue in your country it doesn't seem that surprising.

It's definitely the friendliest place I've ever been. Maybe I should move there instead of France.

Tell me about it. My step father has mixed african and japanese ancestry. My father has a white brother with a hair that could turn into an afro. Etc, etc. Is really confusing.

If you ever pass by Rio, let me know so that we can play Vidya Games.

Tell me about it. My step father has mixed african and japanese ancestry. My father has a white brother with a hair that could turn into an afro. Etc, etc. Is really confusing.

I have hair that does that, too!

If you ever pass by Rio, let me know so that we can play Vidya Games.

Damn straight dude. I want to visit family in Goiânia as soon as I have the money and wanted to visit Rio since I've never been.

Yeah I prefer Shantae with the tan. The way she was originally planned to look in HGH was waaay too pale for someone who lives by the ocean. I think the red looks just fine on her, plus the gold parts of her outfit pop out more.

Reactions: KaboomKid
How did I miss this topic? D=

I donated to the Half Genie Hero kickstarter, and I've been crawling up the walls waiting for Pirate Curse to come out!

Wayforward emailed me back. No deadline is set. The will announce when they decide to create one.

Sky/Bolo/Rottytops Ability Samples

8c321a24e1a091d6e2197eabd0d24385_large.png

Didn't see this posted on the other page.​

Reactions: SkullMan
Yeah but Ms. Fortune was tossing her head around long before Rottytops.

Whipping at enemies you say? Attacking with your head, even? Well, obviously this game is just an Earthworm Jim knockoff!
ewjanijimwhip.gif

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
You say that as if it's a bad thing.
Hey! Since when was Earthworm Jim ever considered a bad thing by anybod...

...oh wait...Earthworm Jim 3...

BUT STILL, it's certainly a great series to draw inspirations from! Hmmm, maybe even worth a Remastered version one day?