• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

So I'm watching the Giant Bomb Endurance Run of Persona 4 and wow it's reminding me how much time the game could've saved by cutting out a ton of the repeated exposition in the introduction. I think it took 2 hours for me to get to the tutorial fight alone and another 1 to get to the actual game?

Atlus I love your games, but please improve the pacing for Persona 5. It's a step up from 3 but there's still issues.

Persona 4 Platinum!!!!!!

For a second, I thought this was real when I saw the thumbnail.

So I hated the really "spacious, jumpy" feel of P4A, but I really want to buy Ultimax. $75 down the hole is looooot though if I dislike the play styles of all of the new characters... Two questions for y'all:
1. Does Ultimax feel the exact same as the original?
2. Any Xbawks players here?

I think it actually feels pretty different, if only because of all of the new options and characters.

The fan edition (Europe) shirt(s) design(s) are revealed to go vote for (spoiler for size):

Junes_t-shirt_final_V1_graphic.jpg

Junes_t-shirt_final_V1_rice.jpg

adachi-t-shirt_final_graphic.jpg

adachi-t-shirt_final.jpg

you can vote here or here

That Adachi pic was simply not made for a t-shirt. If I was in Europe, I'd rather get the Junes shirt.

Okay Ultimax people I have a problem. I just bought the game yesterday but for some reason ASW games on my PS3 don't like to load. I assumed it was because of my busted disc drive so I got a digital copy, but guess what? The game STILL gets stuck on the loading screen after the title screen and never moves on.

Anyone got any ideas what to do?

Dunno. Have you had problems with other non-ASW games?

Maybe the memory of your PS3 is full and needs to be cleaned up?

Bought Ultimax after trading in some games that were collecting dust, wow this game is great! It will take a bit to get used to the system, but already I am liking this more than Blazblue.

There seriously needs to be a crossover between DMC, SMT/Persona, Bayo and JoJo.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
We got half of that already in Nocturne.

shadow_vanquish_box_art_by_darkside989-d6yf83y.jpg

y'know, sometimes i think an action RPG (think raidou kuzunoha series, but faster and actually fluid) with Kaneko's demon design and Platinum's action goodness could work and sell pretty well

Lots of Persona Q videos came out within the last few weeks.

Fusion

Marie

Elizabeth

Theodore

Margaret

Rise

Fuuka

Party Formation

Koromaru

Kanji

So Wendy Lee's voicing pre-timeskip Fuuka too. I'm cool with that.

oh Bryce
you're really trying your hardest there as Theo
it's okay
I believe in you
it's just that Travis was better
and always will be
i miss you Travis

1UCxC2m.jpg
For those unversed in l337, it reads: "Chie best girl 4 eva"

Reactions: aRBy and EA575
For those unversed in l337, it reads: "Chie best girl 4 eva"
Holy shit, it does!

An aecade update is coming to Ultimax. Loketests next Friday. Expect new characters. Also, take a look at this crap:

B2XuEpxCAAAoyLX.jpg

SHADOW BURSTS. WTF.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Persona Ultimax 2.0 battle of the S. Chie's

Shadow characters with bursts, I wonder if they are keeping shadow berserk or maybe they just want an indicator of when you can do it.

I am hoping we get shadow versions of the other characters out of this, Shadow adachi would be so powerful.

Shadows do need a buff as they stand right now. Maybe they only get one burst per match as opposed to a meter?

No, please no buffs for shadows, the deserve to be bad

New characters? Eheh, no. Just the console-exclusive ones.

Shadow characters with bursts, I wonder if they are keeping shadow berserk or maybe they just want an indicator of when you can do it.

I am hoping we get shadow versions of the other characters out of this, Shadow adachi would be so powerful.
Shadow Marie deserves to come back

New characters? Eheh, no. Just the console-exclusive ones.
Yeah, no. Since BBCS, ASW has always added at least one new character to its updates (with a possible exception being +R). I'd say that at least one new character is going to appear, especially after people discovered "Mephistopheles" in the Sound Test in Ultimax.

...That one character from Blue Exorcist? What? Why? If you wanna add guest characters add fucking Flynn or the Demifiend.

Dude, there are a crapton of characters named after the Faustian devil. If the name gets salvaged, I won't be surprised if the resulting character is Persona's take on the demon.

Since people are posting about P4AU, I might as well check in to see if anyone is beginner level & up for Ps3 matches this weekend. Been playing the game the past few weekends (a bit more than Skullgirls honestly).

Dustloop beginner room every Fri is pretty good. Not really connecting w/GameFAQs.
Let me know if I should host a room or if someone else wants to.

Not skipping the two intros helps prevent lag I've been told. No random music please (chance of Junes or some other weak tune).
Still deciding on a main & adjusting to how different it is from Skullgirls (the only other 2D fighter I've payed this year).

I can't do tomorrow. Will be caught up in a big gaming event over where I live that will be an all-nighter.