• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Recently got Persona 3, my first persona game and I'm enjoying. Just at the bit where Aigis has joined the team. Any advice for a noob, who makes the best party members and what social links do you think are the best?

SAVE OFTEN. Nothing sucks worst than dying in Tartarus after making a week of in game progress.

You probably won't get every link maxed. But if you want to beat the game easy, focus on maxing Chariot.

You have every reason to fear the reaper.

Try to max your stats whenever you can ( smartness, charisma, courage)

EDIT: WHoops did I say Chariot? I meant Emperor. ALL GLORY TO THUNDER REIGN!

Last edited:
Best social link in general is Hermit.

Best social link of all.

Magician is bad though

Because fuck Kenji

Just gonna say this from now on as an FYI.

If you want to discuss the Persona Arena fighting game series then take the discussion to this thread. That way this thread won't be as bloated. I'm not gonna waste time to dig through the past 100+ pages to move the Arena affiliated posts, but from this post on I don't want to see Arena related posts here. You can reference if relevant, but it shouldn't be the main discussion.

SAVE OFTEN. Nothing sucks worst than dying in Tartarus after making a week of in game progress.

You probably won't get every link maxed. But if you want to beat the game easy, focus on maxing Chariot.

You have every reason to fear the reaper.

Try to max your stats whenever you can ( smartness, charisma, courage)
rotate your saves as well. it's just a good idea to do it regularly,

Recently got Persona 3, my first persona game and I'm enjoying. Just at the bit where Aigis has joined the team. Any advice for a noob, who makes the best party members and what social links do you think are the best?
this game isn't so hard as to needing optimal strats or anything. from what i see you can basically get through the game with your favorites as long as you have MC filling the role your other 3 teammates can't fill. hermit is by far one of the most hilarious social links though and i definitely recommend doing that. emperor is also good but imo that's only because of the persona you're allowed to fuse more than the social link itself

So guys, you all heard about that Persona Super Live concert thing, right? Because it's coming up soon. In two weeks. We might be getting some solid Persona 5 info finally.

Yukari and Akihiko will be your best two members; Yukari for healing and Aki for debuffs. Mitsuru is pretty good with Mind Charge. I personally prefer putting Ken in the mix for a secondary healer.

I usually tend to focus on Social Links within SEES but you can really focus on anyone (FEMC is the except here if you are playing her in P3P). When you hang out on days off, gifts can go a long way to help advance the social link. There are spoiler free guides that can help you with gifts. If I remember right, in P3, you can only choose one romance relationship since you can get caught by the other girls on your dates with reverse your s.link (this isn't the case for FEMC).

Yukari and Akihiko will be your best two members; Yukari for healing and Aki for debuffs. Mitsuru is pretty good with Mind Charge. I personally prefer putting Ken in the mix for a secondary healer.

I usually tend to focus on Social Links within SEES but you can really focus on anyone (FEMC is the except here if you are playing her in P3P). When you hang out on days off, gifts can go a long way to help advance the social link. There are spoiler free guides that can help you with gifts. If I remember right, in P3, you can only choose one romance relationship since you can get caught by the other girls on your dates with reverse your s.link (this isn't the case for FEMC).
I believe its fine as long as you max one first, but I believe Justice requires you being intimate with Mitsuru to advance, so...

No, it doesn't. Social links don't work like that. They advance faster if you make the right decisions during links and bring personas of the same arcana as the link and they break or reverse if you haven't maxed them and either don't spend time with them or make bad choices during links (you have less time to prevent reversal if you're dating a dateable and see other dateables at the same time). Nothing about needing to be romantically involved with a link to advance another link.

The first time I got caught romancing two girls at the same time though? Spooks ahoy.

I'm so sorry Yuko.

>over 30 hours

Welp guess I'm not going to class that day

Reactions: BeatNinja
Presumably most of those 30 hours will be similar to what happened on November 24, 2013. AKA just a bunch of gameplay clips from older Persona games leading up to the event.

Still not going to class cause I got max Wisdom anyway so eh
Also what if official Atlus recap of P1/P2 that I brought up a billion pages ago
That would be cool
Another DAN and P5 Trailer is all I want for Atlusmas

Catherine 2 surprise reveal incoming

Would like to know too on what the hell is the status of Dancing All Night since that was delayed indefinitely. They will probably talk about the latest P3 movies, tease possible future movies/anime series maybe for Arena series, and other miscellaneous things to fill that 30 hours.

I'm also expecting a random P4 song to win the poll.

Yeah, would like to know P4D, I was really looking forward to that game too!

Also, I'd watch a P4A Anime.
If only for animated Labyrs Backstory.
Admit it you'd watch that shit.
I'd be too busy crying to see it.

Reactions: CountofBleck
So I just beat Persona Q, P4 Side. It's probably my late-GOTY that isn't Smash 4. I'll tackle the P3 side later down the year, no doubt.

Here is the schedule of events for the big live stream next week (All times are Japan Standard Time, GMT +9. For NA, the stream commences on Tuesday, February 3 at 8:00 p.m. PST / 11:00 p.m. EST.)

February 4 (Niconico live stream)
  • 13:00 – Countdown commencement with greetings from host Teddie
  • 14:00 – Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth character video showcase
  • 15:00 – Persona 4 Arena Ultimax character video showcase
  • 18:00 – Persona 4 Golden Vita the Best version launch commemoration special – The “Greatest Hits” version of Persona 4 Golden launches February 5. This segment will reveal fans’ top 10 favorite Persona 4 Golden characters, as conducted via a pre-stream vote.
  • 19:30 – Top 25 Persona Songs – An announcement of fans’ favorite songs from throughout the series, as decided via a pre-stream vote.
  • 21:30 – A two-hour special digest of Persona 3 the Movie #1: Spring of Birth and Persona 3 the Movie #2: Midsummer Knight’s Dream.
  • 23:40 – ??? (Unannounced)
February 5 (Niconico live stream)
  • 12:30 – ??? (Unannounced)
  • 13:00 – Top 25 Persona Songs (Repeat)
  • 15:00 – Persona 4 Golden Vita the Best version launch commemoration special (Repeat)
  • 17:00 – ??? (Unannounced, Repeat)
  • 18:00 – Final countdown commencement with Teddie
  • 18:?? – Persona Stalker Club: Nippon Budokan Special – Join hosts Tomomi Isomura and Mafia Kajita as they host a special episode of the Persona-themed variety show live online. In addition to the usual segments, viewers can expect to find the latest Persona news coming out of this episode.
  • 21:?? – ??? (Unannounced, though it’s worth noting the Japanese description features five red question marks)
The time may be adjusted depending on how long certain segments take place.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Thanks Pie, dahling
Those mystery spots are quite interesting

counting on you guys to post the good stuff, i like persona and all but i am not sitting through any of this lol

on another note done with p3 side for persona q. never thought that at one point i'd be grinding on the last FOE all day lol. oh well on to NG+. definitely a fun game though, and optional bosses are also really cool

Not a single mention of persona 1 and 2.

*sigh*

Well maybe if you vote some of those songs for the 25 best Persona songs countdown...

Interested to know if there will be more P4 or P3 themed songs in the top 25.

Hopefully Innocent Sins boss theme is in the top 25, because that was pretty good

P1 has a criminally underrated soundtrack.
it's soundtrack is amazing. Shouji Meguro can do no wrong with music.

the gameplay however is beyond archaic and I'm glad they haven't brought it back in any other games.

i miss 5 party members and everyone having a weapon and a gun
that was cool

i miss 5 party members and everyone having a weapon and a gun
that was cool
I don't miss having to rearrange my party just to hit one guy.

also, there's SMT for what you want.

I don't really like SMT though
you know what I do like though
Eikichi
when's Eikichi
Luv Beam should be on that top 25

yo, P2 is tight though. I'll play both classic and modern P2.

unlike P1. which the only it has that's better than P2 is the soundtrack.

though it's really hard to top Shouji Meguro, and P2's music is still pretty good.