• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU SAID YOU HAVEN'T?!
T8X1v.gif

Adachi: Come on, Jutsei is just thinking about finishing it, he just doesn't have enough time, what with those murders and all-

tumblr_lu3uqvxILG1r16vb9o7_250.gif

Reactions: Jutsei
UGH! Jutsei made me so mad! I need to do something manly!

I know!

I'm going to watch all of Dojima's social links story and try not to cry!

Sorry. :(
=w= I keed dude. take your time with it. but please, when you get to shadow yukiko:
FUCK
SOCIAL
LINKS!

just grind until you get pyro jack and cover for Chie!

I'm trying to imagine the intro for Shadow Kanji vs. normal Teddie, especially Teddie's expression.
Teddie will probably talk like he's in a soap opera "I know fate has brought us here together. but for love? or war?"

I think we can all agree online will be full of Shadow Kanjis with hilarious player names.

He's gonna perform a VILE ASSAULT on your ass.

His PRIMAL FORCE will rend your ass asunder.

How balanced is the Shadow characters not having burst? It just seems like bursts are so essential to not getting comboed all day and night.

Well, their meter carries over between rounds, so that's a plus. Also, psycho Shadow Fury combo potential and wtf Awakening supers out of nowhere at more-than-Awakening health with 100 meter.

Well, their meter carries over between rounds, so that's a plus. Also, psycho Shadow Fury combo potential and wtf Awakening supers out of nowhere at more-than-Awakening health with 100 meter.
I'm pretty sure they might make the shadow versions either harder to do instakills/no instakills at all if thats the case.

The question is S.lab reworked now because of all these new Shadow mechanics?

Start of the round Titanmachnia?

The question is S.lab reworked now because of all these new Shadow mechanics?

Start of the round Titanmachnia?
Depends on which S.Lab you're talking about. The one with Asterius (a.k.a. the SLab from P4A)? Has normal mode mechanics only. The one with Ariadne (a.k.a. Shadow-type Labrys)? Like most of the other Shadow-types in the game.

Also...

I'm pretty sure they might make the shadow versions either harder to do instakills/no instakills at all if thats the case.

Instant Kills are easy enough to avoid already. No need to nerf them to the ground even further.

Last edited:
Yukiko IK is pretty legit though. That nasty bird comes out fairly fast for an IK move and can catch people off guard.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I caught my friend with Aigis's IK once while we were trading projectiles from full screen. It felt awesome.

Naoto IK is unblockable.

Ever intentionally drop double fang and go into instant kill as an idiot dps and gets that work?

BLATT BLLLATTTT

Yukiko IK is pretty legit though. That nasty bird comes out fairly fast for an IK move and can catch people off guard.
Yukiko's Dia was god-tier though.

I never really got why PErsona 4 needed Instant Kills.
They're friends fighting and sparring, why on earth in a match would they kill each other?
Oh well, game mechanics.

It's an ASW standard at this point. Plus, they enable the use of certain infamous P3/P4 skills that would never show up otherwise. Like Galactic Punt.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I never really got why PErsona 4 needed Instant Kills.
They're friends fighting and sparring, why on earth in a match would they kill each other?
Oh well, game mechanics.
hype. that is all.

And now, for some crazy combos from P4A, including a couple of already dead SMP Loop-type ones.

Shadow_Teddie_in_Persona_4_The_Animation.jpg
With the talk of shadows, we can forget the "mascot"...

Last edited:
Shadow_Teddie_in_Persona_4_The_Animation.jpg
With the talk of shadows, we can forget the "mascot"...
NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

I had to press enter+tab over and over just to get those blasted eyes away from me. Anyway, I'm gonna harass my friend to buy it so I can marvel at how sexy awesome all the guys are. Okay... just Akihiko and Kanji... and maybe Junpei. Maybe I'll put a Playstation on my Christmas list so I can *hopefully* get one and play this game. I enjoyed the first P4A an awful lot, so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed. *casual scrub takes his leave*

Last edited:
Oh right, that creeper.
The one guy hiimdaisy couldn't make funny
What, "Your futile existence has no meaaaa-ning~" didn't have you rolling over?

Now that I think about it, I wonder how she would've handled the other shadows had she decided to continue the comic...

Decided to look for the original P4U trailer to find out if there was any parity between it and the P4U2 trailer. Turns out that there's quite a few scenes between the two that are similar.

Apparently, there's a third loketest going on until the 20th. In other important news, NeoGAF tech wizards have confirmed that persona5.jp and p-ch.jp are on the same IP address. Could be something big.

Also, Yu has a Deadly Rave. WANT.