• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Don't worry, C Tier stands for Canon

Canon Liz confirmed

your faet iz in teh cads
Oddly enough i spam that move and for some reason it always works

I always just do standing B and cancel the returning cards into it.

It always works, even when it doesn't.

So when is it comming stateside? It should be winter right?

If the Best Buy rumor is true, September. And considering we got Rise, I'm pretty confident in it.

If the Best Buy rumor is true, September. And considering we got Rise, I'm pretty confident in it.
Best buy rumor?

Best Buy accidentally listed P4AU on their store for pre-oder for some day in September and said that both Rise and Ken are new characters.

We got the one that's less likely, so I'm guessing it's legit.

The character promo trailers are coming since the Rise reveal. Notable details is a brief glimpse of the Yukari story mode.
Probably be one for at least Junpei too soon.

PERSONA 4'S GETTING ANOTHER ANIME ADAPTATION

THIS TIME BASED ON GOLDEN AND WITH A DIFFERENT DIRECTOR

Milk that cow Atlus. Milk it had.

when's super persona 3d world

maybe they'll at least fight with their weapons this time

To be fair the animation quality looks much better now with the limited screenshots/ PV we seen.
Lol if Marie lover route becomes canon

Before:
%255BCommie%255D_Persona_4_-_01_%255B14684F67%255D.mkv_snapshot_01.58_%255B2011.10.07_18.08.20%255D.jpg

After:
8o42iaBh.jpg

Even though the original anime did a pretty good job summarizing the story from investigations to social links, the execution was shoddy at times. There are many areas where golden can be used to improve as well as the additional content.

1. They actually sneak the weapons this time. They don't need to use the ridiculous ones (except Narukami should use the golf club at the beginning), but their default. Narukami has his katana, yukiko with fan, kanji with chair etc. They don't even have to use their weapons outside of lesser shadows so they can still show off their personas.

2. More night time scenes since the MC can sneak out of the house in golden. Ties into Adachi.

3. Marie scenes and all things related to her. She should be a major focus by the near of the anime.

4. Adachi scenes and all things related to him (including that last letter) from p4g. The original P4 game didn't really let you get to know Adachi personally outside of house visits with Dojima so him having more character development with Narukami more throughout the anime will strengthen the impact of the latter part of the anime.

5. All the new scooter related events being animated. From "hitting on girls" with Yosuke and Kanji at Okina (which should be explored as well since you can visit now) to the beach trip which again has some funny moments as well involving a wardrobe malfunction.

6. A garden scene with Nanako/Dojima since planting seeds is a new feature

7. More character development with the party characters which will reveal their 3rd form personas after main investigation is complete.

8. Ski event being animated that includes the ghost stories and being lost in snow which will naturally tie into Marie.

9. Valentines day being animated. Doesn't mean we see Yu pick any official gf, but we can still see Yosuke being desperate for candy and Kanji being clueless about the importance of the chocolate.

10. Shadow Narukami either being removed or explained more in depth. I'll be honest I like how the MC actually had a shadow because of his fear of being alone after finally having several connections to people. How he didn't primarily pursue the truth, but wanted to spend time with his friends. It really adds perspective on how the MC thinks about leaving Inaba in spring along with his friends/family. However the shadow didn't even appear long as he was shoehorned with the Margaret encounter. All we know is that he uses numerous televisions with his face as a chosen guise.

This guise has been adapted for P4A 2 as well when shadow Narukami appears. Either we need a scene where the MC rejects his shadow (shadow transforms) and his friends help his ass out like how he did for all of them (convince him that they won't abandon him despite his worst fears) or just remove the concept entirely and revert back to the "special" person who obtained a persona without facing your shadow. Do it with more impact or not at all.

11. Epilogue being animated showing off how the main characters have changed as time passed from the outward appearance to their internal resolves.

12. New Persona themed music for the OP/ED sequences is a must. Time to make History should also be played somewhere in fights.

If this new anime at least covers around 7 or 8 of my points then I'll be satisfied. The reboot can feel like the FMA: brotherhood one if done right. P4G did add and refine a lot of stuff to the original game.

But still... MORE P4? You shittin' me?

Oh no I'm already doing that.

No I'm talking about that one with the weird fighting game character I can't think of.

Also, anyone else notice that with this and the other Persona 3 movies.
2014 basically is the Year of Persona?

That's pretty much how they advertised it, yeah.

I love Persona 4...but maaaan, this is getting annoying.

"I'm ready to be milked, damnit!"

More like...
7h9ns.jpg

I would have preferred a P4A anime though. Then again it might be too soon for the anime watchers since the P3 movies aren't done yet. I wasn't expecting much from this reveal anyway people had their hopes too high if you looked at the chat. Atlus already blew their load revealing at least FOUR more persona related titles (P4A2, Persona Q, Persona Dance, and even the long awaited sequel P5) which I can say was way more then people were expecting. It's not just P4 being milked, but it's the name. Milking isn't bad if that is what the popular opinion desires since they talk with their wallets. Pokemon and CoD fans are a testament to this since the fans keep buying their products regardless. Could have been worse though, they could have announced another broadway show, concert, merchandising, etc.

So does this mean Marie is kinda-sorta canon at this point? It feels like Atlus has been dancing around the subject instead of giving a clear answer.

So does this mean Marie is kinda-sorta canon at this point? It feels like Atlus has been dancing around the subject instead of giving a clear answer.
No idea yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus has bias feelings for her. In the game you can still be her lover even if you already have a party member as a lover without triggering that awful feeling valentines day harem event scene.

Another example was how this anime increased the dramatic impact from when Yu dropped the note lol. In the game he just casually dropped it I guess, but here the wind blows it out of his hand with flower petals going everywhere as it lands on Marie's foot trying to increase her first impression appeal.

I doubt though that the anime will explore the Marie lovers route anyway and make that canon, but the tsundere fans should get a real kick out of her. I say her mere existence is likely canon (no contradiction that suggests that her existence isn't canon) then not since P4G did reference Arena which is a canon game.

We really should get another acronym for P4Animation.

P4a, maybe?

Reactions: jam1220
They could remake/rebirth the first 3 games with modern graphics and a more intuitive system.

I'd buy it

They did remake the Persona 2 games for the PSP. Then again, Eternal Punishment never left Japan, so...

Speaking of Persona 2, do you think there's any chance we'll ever see Philemon again? Aside from him being that blue butterfly at save states.

Speaking of Persona 2, do you think there's any chance we'll ever see Philemon again? Aside from him being that blue butterfly at save states.
I would like to say that we will see some form of him in P4U2, considering a big theory that Nyarlethatep is the villain of that game too

"Anything related to P2 and 1 doesn't sell, therefor it shall be purged."

-A plaque on every Atlus employee's wall.

Guys, guys...it's Nyarlathotep's fault. He is the one behind all this ! He is manipulating all the employees. Let's do the Persona game, we have some God's ass to kick

For that, we'd need both a meeting place and knowledge of what playing the Persona game actually entails.

I will only care about this new Persona 4 Anime if they manage to make the King's Game scene even more perfect, stupid, and wonderful than the first anime's version of it.