• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Oh God, I am in conflict now about who to play in Ultimax Labrys, Yukari, Aigis, Rise or Junpei, there is just too many decisions to make.

The answer is Funky Student.

Nah but fo realz, I'm tied between Liz-Beth, Chie, Rise, Junpei, Yukari, Yosuke, and trying out Sho and Pershona for kicks.

I'll probably only play Chie and Yosuke competitively, though (and Rise if I end up liking her playstyle).

Reactions: Cybermanworf
My main for Persona 4 Arena has been Labrys and I guess it wouldn't b e bad trying out different characters so I mostly leaning towards Labrys, Rise and Yukari for characters I would definitely play.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Shadow Rise looks drugged. VERY drugged.

Also, when in doubt, pick a toaster.

Translations are a-coming.

Rise is a zoner who can also analyze her opponent (god tier confirmed), Shadow Rise has a few exclusive skills (stripper fu confirmed), and apparently she was heavily requested...? Gonna guess in Japan because I never hear her around these parts.

All I needed was "stripper-fu confirmed".

YEEEEESS STRIPPER FU

Edit: Looking forward to the story explaining how exactly Rise decided to get her hands dirty this time around.

And analyzing her opponent to change her playstyle on the fly? That sounds interesting. Hmm...

*scans Chie*
*quickly changes playstyle to celery-based projectiles*

GG

Last edited:
Reactions: DDB
first: the scans (huge imgs... in spoilers) By the way, where in the hell is the spoilers button in the quick reply toolbar?)

p4u2-console-04.png

p4u2-console-03.png

p4u2-console-02.png

so...

- Shadow Rise's face: "SO MUCH COCAINE"
- What a transformation! Fuuka looks cute and mature now. If they change the VA she'll be likeable and loveable too!

They did in P4A. It's Wendee Lee now.

Wasn't Nanako chibi already?

Cuteception

EDIT: goddammit SwiftKey!

Last edited:
Alright, I wasn't feeling Rise much as first, but now I can add her to the pile of potential sub-characters along with Yukari, Junpei, Sho (no Persona), & Mitsuru. Yukiko still my girl tho'

Anybody else noticed she jumped from 4 to 5 Persona cards in the trailer?

he's obviously talking about the new brown character who is obviously of native american descent
obv

In all honesty, I never expected Rise to join the fighting circle. I cannot wait to see some hilarity/rage to ensue.

The best case scenario is Rise ends up being the best character in the game, at least Shadow Rise. Stripper-Fu is one of the most powerful known fighting styles across the galaxy, after all.

Risa's always been one of my favs in the persona series so her being playable has just made everything better *w*

The best case scenario is Rise ends up being the best character in the game, at least Shadow Rise. Stripper-Fu is one of the most powerful known fighting styles across the galaxy, after all.
but what if she's kokonoe-tier

She could just as easily be Kanji/Lab/Elizabeth tier we don't know much about her gameplay yet to start solid tier predictions in the first place.

More about her from Siliconera:

Story stuff
Rise was ready to return to work from her hiatus in the idol world, and had been working hard, doing lessons. However, one night, she noticed something strange in town—the town had been covered in some kind of strange red fog, and the people had vanished out of nowhere.

Now that she’d been separated from her friends, what danger could be awaiting her…?

Her breakdown of what she can do and Shadow "Risette"
Rise Kujikawa fights with a microphone, and will have various projectiles such as music notes that explode on contact. She also has the ability to analyze opponents, which changes her attacks, giving her a unique fighting style.

Her one-hit-KO move is called “True Story,” where she gets Himiko (her Persona) to grab the opponent while she sings a song that charms them for the finish. Similar to the other characters, Rise will also have a Shadow form, also known as Risette, who will show a bit more of her… lewd side, and taunt with billboards that display “Special Risette Exposed!”

The game will also include
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will include a story mode for the PlayStation 3 version that will tell the “after-story” of Persona 4, from the perspectives of Persona 3 and Persona 4 characters. This unique story will also feature special illustrations.

Finally, the magazine shares details on the “Golden Arena Mode” that lets you pick any character and win through stages to level up in RPG-like fashion. You’ll gain new skills and skill points that can be used to upgrade stats as you level. Golden Arena Mode has a total of four courses with varying difficulties.

There will also be boss fights after beating a certain amount of stages, and you can also acquire rare skills by beating them. There are about 150 skills total, and you’ll also be able to learn them through a Social Link feature with a navigator
character.

This mode will also be added to the arcade version of the game at the end of April.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/24/persona-4-arena-ultimax-details-rise-shadow-form/

Here is a trailer with Rise and some of her moves:

KUJIKAWA RISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

0:32 - 0:33

song parries

0:41-0:42

wait

is rise doing ouroboros

0:40

is that a freaking destructo disc of song

0:44-0:46

I AM THE TRUE WAIFU HERE GET OFF MY THRONE

0:55

Gonna earn dat M rating with swimsuit DLC

so rise's mocking title is the "The Absolute Pervert Super Idol"
and if they don't translate that as "Perfectly Perverted Pop Princess" then I'm just done

I'm so ready for this game

Just hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

image.jpg

I've seen people suggest "Super Idol Super Freak".

Some scrubby Rise/Shadow Rise gameplay courtesy of Persona Stalker Club.

Essentially she's a musical Dizzy with some barrier moves. I'm gonna try her out for sure.

She has a raging demon lol?

What were they saying when Adachi was brought up? More teasing?

Rise confirmed M.O.D.O.K (Mental Organism Designed Only For Kawaii)

Those shields are intriguing. Can't wait to see how they are properly used. Also the constant scan thing over both Rises was, I assume, one scanning the other? If so, what does that exactly do? @aRBy mentioned Rise being able to change her amount of Persona Cards...could that be an effect of the scanning?

She has a raging demon lol?

"My name is Risette...and I will teach you the true meaning of your enemies' weaknesses!"

Ooooooooooh... I want to see more of that finally fighting idol.

Golden Arena Mode footage with Yukiko.
Definitely getting that good old rpg vibe (appropriate since origins is an rpg game) and lol Elizabeth being Elizabeth.

Golden Arena Mode footage with Yukiko.
Definitely getting that good old rpg vibe (appropriate since origins is an rpg game) and lol Elizabeth being Elizabeth.

Oh wow, Golden Mode is really fun-

8:32

wait

no

wtf

just gotta stay calm

*ARE YOU READY*

handled P4A score attack i can do this

AH DAMMIT MAZIODYNE TAKING 1/3 OF MAH HEALTH

I-I keep comboing and the damage just doesn't come

okay I can do this I just - DAMN WAS THAT AN INSTANT MAMUDOON

alright i maybe might possibly have a chance-SHOCKED

YUKIKO

LOSE

#giveactualelizabethhergoldenbuffs

Guess he didn't grind enough yet if he is at a 19 level disadvantage lol. Bad idea to show up unprepared for a boss fight in an rpg. In any case this looks like a fun side mode that gives more hours of life to the single player component (it wasn't lacking before either too) which at the core is what persona is all about even if transitioned into a multiplayer fighter.

Happy Golden/Arena Week! To celebrate, Sony's put the downloadable version of P4G on sale - $19.49 versus the original price of $29.99.

As a liz player im quite annoyed by this

As a liz player im quite annoyed by this

Don't worry, C Tier stands for Canon

Canon Liz confirmed

your faet iz in teh cads