• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Should Double get new DLC character moves?

Should Double get new DLC character moves?

• Yes! Overhaul that monster with different moves!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Yes, but only cosmetically (e.g. functionally the same move, like Annie slide kick instead of Filia)

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No! Get thee to Gehenna.

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Maybe? Sister Agatha says I shouldn't answer strange polls.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

BallotBoxer

you're gonna carry that salt
Reaction score
Filia Peacock Big Band
double-morphs.jpg

As more characters are added, doesn't it seem strange Double isn't imitating them? The shape-shifting monster is a connoisseur of combat, picking the best moves from the game's roster. For example, what more can you ask for a standing Heavy Punch than mimicking Vice Versa's beefy gorilla arms?

What do you think? Double mains, does this sound like a good idea, or is it high heresy? Any Eliza, Beowulf, Annie, Umbrella, and etc. moves you think are worthy to replace any current moves Double is using?

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
I think, Double already represents enough characters. If the devs would like to add some new moves, it would be nice to see Double as someone she's didn't use before. But altering existing animations doesn't sound right.
Also, I can't think of reason for Double posing as Eliza. But it sounds like a nice idea for a story.

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Cerebella Painwheel Unknown
Not a Double main but yeah, I think changing up moves with different animations is just gonna be more trouble than it's worth. Either they will need to change up the hitboxes for the moves to fit the new animations, or keep the old hitboxes and end up with ones that don't match up well with the animations.

Reactions: Holy Goose

missingno

8th Worst Valentine
Reaction score
Steam
/id/MegaMissingno
Valentine Robo Fortune Parasoul
IIRC they said they weren't going to do this back when the first wave of DLC characters happened, can't imagine that would change now. Character's fine the way she is and doesn't need an overhaul, shouldn't make anyone have to relearn her unless there's a very good reason. (They did have a reason to work Squigly's dash in that one time, but no need for anything else now.)

I still kinda wanna see EX/Unlimited characters one day, that could be an excuse to go crazy while leaving the original untouched.

Turvon

Skugger
Reaction score
Steam
Turvon
PSN
Turvon09
Double Filia Big Band
I think a second Double character that is all DLC moves would be pretty cool

Reactions: BallotBoxer

Liam

. . .
Hidden Variable
Administrator
Reaction score
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Adjusting Double to include DLC character animations has a pretty big gameplay impact, so adjusting her animations for the sake of adjusting her animations is unlikely. An alternate version of Double that uses DLC character attacks would probably be more cool anyway. =)

BallotBoxer

you're gonna carry that salt
Reaction score
Filia Peacock Big Band
I think a second Double character that is all DLC moves would be pretty cool
Oooh, I didn't consider that possibility.

Vanilla Double = Cerebella, Filia, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel, Peacock, Squigly, Valentine
DLC Double = Annie, Beowulf, Big Band, Eliza, Fukua, Robo-Fortune, Umbrella, Marie (probably!), ???

DLC (9) > Vanilla (7)

New-moves Double looks terrifying. Pretty much an even amount of character moves to mimic.

tso

Reaction score
Squigly
DLC Double sounds like a quirky big-button monster. Got that grendel/hungern/brass tech.

DankleKankle

just goofin
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Steam
DankleKankle
PSN
Dankle_Kankle
Big Band Squigly Peacock
I think this would definitely work if we had a Fukua-styled Double. The character should be similar in design but have different movesets and such. Just throwing random stuff out there.

Nuuance

Level 51 Pastrymancer
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Steam
Nuuance
Squigly Eliza
always been curious to see grab & Monster store the transformation of last eaten character in her portrait for later. like 15 seconds mimic install via 22+kk or something draining meter just like annies old beta version install for 1 meter. So it's not free. End it early using same input & can do that characters supers as expected until she transforms back. Hold button (of grab or monster) to store. If midcombo, expires after last hit.

...would make for some bonkerssss combo videos for sure.

As more characters are added, doesn't it seem strange Double isn't imitating them?

been in mind for a while wanting to transform wholly into other characters while playing as her since she doesnt really have a mechanic per say despite transforming. She does it in story mode so just makes sense to diagetically. Now she's a Double for real & it'd fit perfectly with her theme while costing bar/having to work for it. As more DLC characters drop, the more longevity it has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holy Goose and tso