• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Should Double get new DLC character moves?

Should Double get new DLC character moves?

• Yes! Overhaul that monster with different moves!

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Yes, but only cosmetically (e.g. functionally the same move, like Annie slide kick instead of Filia)

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No! Get thee to Gehenna.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Maybe? Sister Agatha says I shouldn't answer strange polls.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

BallotBoxer

you're gonna carry that salt
Reaction score
Filia Peacock Big Band
double-morphs.jpg

As more characters are added, doesn't it seem strange Double isn't imitating them? The shape-shifting monster is a connoisseur of combat, picking the best moves from the game's roster. For example, what more can you ask for a standing Heavy Punch than mimicking Vice Versa's beefy gorilla arms?

What do you think? Double mains, does this sound like a good idea, or is it high heresy? Any Eliza, Beowulf, Annie, Umbrella, and etc. moves you think are worthy to replace any current moves Double is using?

I think, Double already represents enough characters. If the devs would like to add some new moves, it would be nice to see Double as someone she's didn't use before. But altering existing animations doesn't sound right.
Also, I can't think of reason for Double posing as Eliza. But it sounds like a nice idea for a story.

Not a Double main but yeah, I think changing up moves with different animations is just gonna be more trouble than it's worth. Either they will need to change up the hitboxes for the moves to fit the new animations, or keep the old hitboxes and end up with ones that don't match up well with the animations.

Reactions: Cal and Holy Goose
IIRC they said they weren't going to do this back when the first wave of DLC characters happened, can't imagine that would change now. Character's fine the way she is and doesn't need an overhaul, shouldn't make anyone have to relearn her unless there's a very good reason. (They did have a reason to work Squigly's dash in that one time, but no need for anything else now.)

I still kinda wanna see EX/Unlimited characters one day, that could be an excuse to go crazy while leaving the original untouched.

Adjusting Double to include DLC character animations has a pretty big gameplay impact, so adjusting her animations for the sake of adjusting her animations is unlikely. An alternate version of Double that uses DLC character attacks would probably be more cool anyway. =)

I think a second Double character that is all DLC moves would be pretty cool
Oooh, I didn't consider that possibility.

Vanilla Double = Cerebella, Filia, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel, Peacock, Squigly, Valentine
DLC Double = Annie, Beowulf, Big Band, Eliza, Fukua, Robo-Fortune, Umbrella, Marie (probably!), ???

DLC (9) > Vanilla (7)

New-moves Double looks terrifying. Pretty much an even amount of character moves to mimic.

DLC Double sounds like a quirky big-button monster. Got that grendel/hungern/brass tech.

I think this would definitely work if we had a Fukua-styled Double. The character should be similar in design but have different movesets and such. Just throwing random stuff out there.

always been curious to see grab & Monster store the transformation of last eaten character in her portrait for later. like 15 seconds mimic install via 22+kk or something draining meter just like annies old beta version install for 1 meter. So it's not free. End it early using same input & can do that characters supers as expected until she transforms back. Hold command (off grab or monster) to store.

...would make for some bonkerssss combo videos for sure.

As more characters are added, doesn't it seem strange Double isn't imitating them?

been in mind for a while wanting to transform wholly into other characters while playing as her since she doesnt really have a mechanic per say despite transforming. She does it in story mode so just makes sense to diagetically. Now she's a Double for real & it'd fit perfectly with her theme while costing bar/having to work for it. As more DLC characters drop, the more longevity it has.

Last edited:
Double es un personaje que está en constante cambio, mutación y/o transformación, con la creación de nuevos personajes es por lógica que copia sus movimientos cuando ella está en contacto visual con sus oponentes, esto amerita que necesita un nuevo tipo de batalla, así como un nuevo personaje, pero básicamente sería siendo Double con una actualización o modalidad en su jugabilidad, esto la haría más variable y más llamativa, así como ver moves de personajes que la Double actual no tiene de personajes que ya son jugables.
No me molestaría por qué la incluyen cómo un bonus en el pase de batalla o considerarla como nuevo personaje en el futuro pase.

Double es un personaje que está en constante cambio, mutación y/o transformación, con la creación de nuevos personajes es por lógica que copia sus movimientos cuando ella está en contacto visual con sus oponentes, esto amerita que necesita un nuevo tipo de batalla, así como un nuevo personaje, pero básicamente sería siendo Double con una actualización o modalidad en su jugabilidad, esto la haría más variable y más llamativa, así como ver moves de personajes que la Double actual no tiene de personajes que ya son jugables.
No me molestaría por qué la incluyen cómo un bonus en el pase de batalla o considerarla como nuevo personaje en el futuro pase.
Threads merged. I know y'all love Double but we don't need multiple threads about giving Double more moves.

As more characters are added, doesn't it seem strange Double isn't imitating them?
To think about it, now it's the other way around. The characters from Double's moves are added in the game in their proper form.

Makes sense to wait for a certain anvil and a certain teacher as the new DLC fighters :PUN:
Why didn't she imitate Stanley? Was it because he's inimitably awesome?

I think it'd be a fairly massive gameplay change to Double if she was given moves from the expanded DLC cast. I'd hate to take a character in such a completely new direction just for the heck of it and not for gameplay reasons.

My personal Not Endorsed By Hidden Variable Studios and Not Indicative of Any Future Plans preference would be to make a new Double style character that uses the animations of the new cast. Lots of cool animations to mine there, and I'm confident our lovely designers could whip up something special from them without trying to cram them all into an already functional character.

A new Level 5 / Level 3 that uses the new DLC folks similar to Nightmare Legion would be a pretty elegant, much more simple and less expensive solution too though!

I think it'd be a fairly massive gameplay change to Double if she was given moves from the expanded DLC cast. I'd hate to take a character in such a completely new direction just for the heck of it and not for gameplay reasons.

My personal Not Endorsed By Hidden Variable Studios and Not Indicative of Any Future Plans preference would be to make a new Double style character that uses the animations of the new cast. Lots of cool animations to mine there, and I'm confident our lovely designers could whip up something special from them without trying to cram them all into an already functional character.

A new Level 5 / Level 3 that uses the new DLC folks similar to Nightmare Legion would be a pretty elegant, much more simple and less expensive solution too though!

A Exciting idea with implementing a new Level 3/5 for Doubles arsenal surrounding new characters on the roster. With Level 3 - The roster includes ( In Order) Tommy Ten tons, Filia, Parasoul, Painwheel, Cerebella, Umbrella , Peacock, Ms. Fortune, Andy Anvil, Valentine, a spring, Black Dahlia, Squigly, and Mrs. Victoria.

Making any changes to Double's Lvl 3 would seem ill advised, noting that she already can mimic Umbrella & Black Dahlia.

The obvious solution is to give Double another Level 5 that is a joke hitgrab super where Double goes through every DLC character's most obnoxious supers.

Her Lvl 5 however could be a wild new Concept such as Golbat's idea.
Adjusting Double to include DLC character animations has a pretty big gameplay impact, so adjusting her animations for the sake of adjusting her animations is unlikely. An alternate version of Double that uses DLC character attacks would probably be more cool anyway. =)

I also agree that having another version of Double would be amazing! Which makes me brainstorm her archetype as a "new double". Will she have more persistent Zoning? Maybe a IAD of some sort? Heck lets throw one of Eliza moves in there too <3

• Wow
Reactions: Holy Goose
would be to make a new Double style character that uses the animations of the new cast
Wasn't that the concept behind Aeon? That she can call in some versions of the playable cast?
If you stretch it, Venus can implement something like that too ("her physical form is deceptive")

Looks nice. And totally fits Double. Just imagine her transforming in Annie or Beowulf, just to rub it in the faces of the originals.

Seems familiar.

Reactions: Cal
Wasn't that the concept behind Aeon? That she can call in some versions of the playable cast?
If you stretch it, Venus can implement something like that too ("her physical form is deceptive")
I think the idea for Aeon is that her summons will be "alternative" versions of the cast (e.g. Skullgirl version, maybe even Days of Future Cats version?), so they would likely have to be original frames. Turning into regular versions of the main cast definitely feels more like Double's domain, if not by lore then by tradition. As for Venus, I think she has her own look and feel so I'd rather they concentrate on that than making her another Double as well.

Reactions: Holy Goose
If there were a Double2, they need Dhalia's Girls in there as her qcf+x or something

Please don't make Double 3, for my sanity. Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: tso and Holy Goose