• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Simple UI Questions

Kankato

Won my very first tournament!
Reaction score
Steam
Night_Breeder
PSN
All-Names-R-Taken
Valentine Robo Fortune Parasoul
I have some questions (I'm sure they've already been asked), but since Skullgirls prides itself in it's top notch UI I thought I'd ask.

When I click on the training tab, why is the first option tutorials and not the training room? Most people only use the tutorials once or twice & they use training mode a hell of a lot more.

When It's time to select assists for a character, why is the order "Punch, Kick, Custom" with the cursor starting on Punch? Why not something like "Punch, Custom, Kick" with the cursor starting on Custom? Most people use custom assists anyways, why isn't it the first option?

That's all for now.

I think (I could be way wrong) that MikeZ said that the tutorials were first so as to be as new player friendly as possible.

I have no idea on the second question. My guess would also be as new player friendly as possible?

Having the cursor that way makes things move faster for when people aren't using a custom assist.

Yeah, I think it's basically having the "default" option be the most newbie-friendly item. The main menu iirc defaults to singleplayer as well, despite the fact that most players probably never touch it after beating the stories.

Re: Tutorials should be at the top of the list until they're completed. That way, people are more likely to see them and actually do them.

As for recommended assists, I always wondered what the hell Capcom was smoking when they picked which assists were the "recommended" ones in MvC2.

Re: Tutorials should be at the top of the list until they're completed. That way, people are more likely to see them and actually do them
I tried that before privately. It's weird to have the menu change, because on a new install of the game (like at a tournament) it'll be different. Not that many people use training mode in that setting, but it's still weird.

Oh, well. Whatever you find that works.

Sempai noticed me!