• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skull Lore: Theories Who is Filia's Father

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

FunkyHellboy

The nicest Guy
Reaction score
Steam
FunkyHellboy
XBL
FunkyHellboy
Filia Squigly Big Band
In my new series I have discussed who I think is the most possible biological father for Filia:
Brain Drain

This theory covers and tries to pro
Why Filia wanted Samson to lose her memories
Why Carol was chosen to be Painwheel and how.
How Lab 0 is funded
Medici's PR and how that affects the Skullgirls world
How Squigly's Mom's death connects to this
and more that is proven or elaborated on by Filia's dad being
Brain Drain

This "Skull Lore: Theories" is a new series for me so tell me some Lore theories that you think I should cover in the Future

That's an interesting idea. Brain Drain could be Filia's father, but it would something Filia is unaware of. Hardly a man anymore, I can't picture him sitting at the kitchen table, pleasantly reading the newspaper as Filia, late for school, hurries out the door. That nasty cyborg, probably a product of Lab 3, is a psychic soldier that calls himself Brain Drain. Once, when he was a normal human he could have been a Medici or married a Medici. But I don't see him having a relationship with Fliia in his current state (syringe fingers, visible brain under glass, glowing red eyes).

The most plausible part of your theory is Filia's guilt. It is hinted she is somehow responsible for what happened to Carol. The bullying storyline could fit.

I don't agree with the following assumptions:
  1. Anti-Skullgirl labs activities are public knowledge
  2. King Renoir would trade criminal amnesty for funding with the Medicis because of public relations
  3. Lab 8 is keeping Lorenzo alive
  4. Flu shot tainted with Skullgirl blood experiment
1. The Labs
From the canon info thread:

The Anti-Skullgirls Labs:
- The ASG Labs originally had 9 divisions. As of present, all of them have been shut down apart from Lab 8 and Lab 0. The original functions of each labs are:
- Lab 1 and 2: Research labs which developed technology for the other labs
- Lab 3: Super soldier development
- Lab 4: Handheld weapon and vehicle development
- Lab 5: Specialized weapons
- Lab 6: Theonite research
- Lab 7: Medical/Drug research (includes The Last Hope nurses)
- Lab 8: Synthetic parasites
- Lab 0: The secret lab. Research Skullgirl blood
- Lab 3 and 4 used to develop soldiers and weapons for the Canopian government in exchange for research resources for the Labs
- Due to Lab 0's existence being undocumented, they could conduct much more amoral/immoral researches than the other labs
- The kids in the back of Lab 8 are orphans with conditions that would have had trouble leading a regular life without Lab 8's help. One of the reasons Lab 8 originally went renegade was to prove they could help humanity outside of making weapons. The kids are written off as test subjects in order to justify taking care of them. The same was done people like Big Band and Peacock.
- The order of creation of the known ASG members are Black Dahlia, Brain Drain, Geiger, Big Band, Ileum, Hive, Leduc, Peacock and Painwheel, respectively. Dahlia was the first but was under a different context. Big Band and Ileum are from the same generation before the Grand War. Hive and Leduc were introduced around the same time. Peacock came a bit later. Painwheel was developed in Lab 0 in tandem with Peacock. The latter 2 are the latest ASG units.

2. Renoir vs Medici
Keep in mind the Medicis are descendants of the original inheritors of the land that the Canopy Kingdom is on, thus making them the natural enemies of the Renoirs. I don't see any deals between them ever happening.

You should look up institutionalized corruption. Whatever the source, mafia or government, it seeps into all aspects of everyday life to some extent. No big deals between leaders. Their influence can easily creep in. Their pawns infiltrate. They buy out support. They can worm their way into ASG labs without Renoir or the government knowing.

3. Old Lorenzo Medici
Lorenzo's longevity is owed to the recently pilfered Life Gem. The relic Ms. Fortune stole is not necessarily something the labs could have found.

4. Flu shots don't work that way
In your theory both Renoir and Medici sides are obsessed with PR. Imagine the public relations backlash when hundreds of students get ill from a flu shot. There are probably much better ways to find a candidate for Skullgirl blood experimentation.

That's an interesting idea. Brain Drain could be Filia's father, but it would something Filia is unaware of. Hardly a man anymore, I can't picture him sitting at the kitchen table, pleasantly reading the newspaper as Filia, late for school, hurries out the door. That nasty cyborg, probably a product of Lab 3, is a psychic soldier that calls himself Brain Drain. Once, when he was a normal human he could have been a Medici or married a Medici. But I don't see him having a relationship with Fliia in his current state (syringe fingers, visible brain under glass, glowing red eyes).

The most plausible part of your theory is Filia's guilt. It is hinted she is somehow responsible for what happened to Carol. The bullying storyline could fit.

I don't agree with the following assumptions:
  1. Anti-Skullgirl labs activities are public knowledge
  2. King Renoir would trade criminal amnesty for funding with the Medicis because of public relations
  3. Lab 8 is keeping Lorenzo alive
  4. Flu shot tainted with Skullgirl blood experiment
1. The Labs
From the canon info thread:

The Anti-Skullgirls Labs:
- The ASG Labs originally had 9 divisions. As of present, all of them have been shut down apart from Lab 8 and Lab 0. The original functions of each labs are:
- Lab 1 and 2: Research labs which developed technology for the other labs
- Lab 3: Super soldier development
- Lab 4: Handheld weapon and vehicle development
- Lab 5: Specialized weapons
- Lab 6: Theonite research
- Lab 7: Medical/Drug research (includes The Last Hope nurses)
- Lab 8: Synthetic parasites
- Lab 0: The secret lab. Research Skullgirl blood
- Lab 3 and 4 used to develop soldiers and weapons for the Canopian government in exchange for research resources for the Labs
- Due to Lab 0's existence being undocumented, they could conduct much more amoral/immoral researches than the other labs
- The kids in the back of Lab 8 are orphans with conditions that would have had trouble leading a regular life without Lab 8's help. One of the reasons Lab 8 originally went renegade was to prove they could help humanity outside of making weapons. The kids are written off as test subjects in order to justify taking care of them. The same was done people like Big Band and Peacock.
- The order of creation of the known ASG members are Black Dahlia, Brain Drain, Geiger, Big Band, Ileum, Hive, Leduc, Peacock and Painwheel, respectively. Dahlia was the first but was under a different context. Big Band and Ileum are from the same generation before the Grand War. Hive and Leduc were introduced around the same time. Peacock came a bit later. Painwheel was developed in Lab 0 in tandem with Peacock. The latter 2 are the latest ASG units.

2. Renoir vs Medici
Keep in mind the Medicis are descendants of the original inheritors of the land that the Canopy Kingdom is on, thus making them the natural enemies of the Renoirs. I don't see any deals between them ever happening.

You should look up institutionalized corruption. Whatever the source, mafia or government, it seeps into all aspects of everyday life to some extent. No big deals between leaders. Their influence can easily creep in. Their pawns infiltrate. They buy out support. They can worm their way into ASG labs without Renoir or the government knowing.

3. Old Lorenzo Medici
Lorenzo's longevity is owed to the recently pilfered Life Gem. The relic Ms. Fortune stole is not necessarily something the labs could have found.

4. Flu shots don't work that way
In your theory both Renoir and Medici sides are obsessed with PR. Imagine the public relations backlash when hundreds of students get ill from a flu shot. There are probably much better ways to find a candidate for Skullgirl blood experimentation.
Well it would be lab 0 keeping Lorenzo alive.
With all the good deeds lab 8 does plus public want to stop the skullgirl after the last two wouldn't there be an outcry for the founding of the labs and having them be public gives people more faith in the monarchy. But after seeing lab 0's way of doing things due to maybe investigation reporting then taking lab 0 off the books would be the best for public opinion.
The Medicis would agree to fund lab 0 and hunt down the heart that's why even though they have the power to they don't hunt down the heart for power because of their agreement.
The flu shot thing could be just a vaccine for a made up disease in order to test the blood or better yet with the blood drives they could test the blood that way.

But thank you for watching the video the whole way through and providing a really good comment too boot. Also Brain Drain doesn't have to be fatherly to be the father. Also any theories you think I should cover in another video?

You could explore how Marie got the Skull Heart. From war orphan to maid to the most powerful person on the planet.

Maybe it is just more Double meddling. Like when she crashed the Contiello party, gave Selene the Skull Heart and then alerted the Medicis. Perfectly framing the scenario for a Skullgirl full of grief and revenge.

Or perhaps theories about Albus and Horace. Are they ancient like Eliza, or just a couple of hired goons that are coincidentally themed like Egyptian gods.

Or maybe a video about the four umbrella-shaped living weapons possessed by Canopy Kingdom royals: Krieg, Hungern, Todd, and ???.

Or about the range of power of the Skull Heart. Annie's mother, a Skullgirl that wished for her daughter to have eternal youth, got her wish fulfilled. Did the Skull Heart grant immortality, or is it only a benefit of the parasite called Sagan? Queen Renoir wished for peace and the Skull Heart granted it in a monkey's paw curse like fashion by having the surrounding powers unite against her as a common enemy.