• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - MacOS Skullgirls application window stays black after launch. [Steam] [Macbook M1]

wambamram

Reaction score
Steam
thrash-minister
Parasoul Ms. Fortune
Hi,

I only started experiencing this after the most recent update. I had no issues with launching the game in the previous patch version.

The game launches and the loading graphic appears in the bottom right for a millisecond before staying as a black screen. Steam overlay works just fine.

No audio can be heard throughout the entire time.

1624045100627.png

the game window stays black

I run the game on my 2020 macbook pro m1. I assume it has something to do with the latest update causing issues with the m1 chip in the macbook pro (??)

I'm very new to the game and would like to put more hours into it.

I have not found anyone else post anything similar to this issue so I thought I would post in here to draw attention to it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuenosDiasJuzo
Hey thanks for the posts, and sorry that you're getting this crash. We're still working on this MacOS issue and trying to find the culprit and get it resolved. I'll share more details when I have more information or if I have any questions for you two.

Sorry again for the trouble!

@BuenosDiasJuzo, @wambamram, the majority of our MacOS players are reporting their issues on start-up are fixed in the latest build after reinstalling. Could you try grabbing the latest update and reinstalling the game to see if that resolves it? Thanks!

Reactions: wambamram
@Liam, I've put the MacBook up till the weekend. I'll post an update here as soon as I get around to trying that out.

I've noticed some others on the Skullgirls discord have their issues resolved regarding this same issue or similar ones on MacOS. In the the meantime I'll keep my ear to the ground though word out there does sound like it's fixed.

Thanks for the Assistance. Really appreciate the help and attention!

Awesome, thanks for letting me know.

Reactions: BuenosDiasJuzo