• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Event Skullgirls at Combo Breaker begins TONIGHT!

6-Let and Ninja would likely just upload it themselves, at this point.
yup that's what going to happen... the stuff that was shown was still good so it's all not bad. You did a great job man.

Combo breaker is bigger than EVO?
are you kidding me? 105 people signed up for CB, more than any SG event at Evo. So yeah, Combo Breaker is Bigger than Evo (for Skull Girls).

are you kidding me? 105 people signed up for CB, more than any SG event at Evo. So yeah, Combo Breaker is Bigger than Evo (for Skull Girls).

evo hasn't happened. You can't compare different years. And if I recall correctly, Evo 2012 had 117 if you want to go that route. I'm not saying that Evo is better than CB by any means because from what I've heard, CB was an awesome event/venue, I'm just saying you can't compare 2014 Evo to 2015 CB.

So let's try to beat 105 for 2015 Evo! Whoever is running the side tourney should start pre-signups

evo next!
SummerJam has a $500 pot bonus from KPB, Skullgirls noted on their homepage as a sidegame, and the additional incentive of 64+ Entrants meaning that NEC gets a $500 pot bonus from BigE

Looks to me like the better address than Evo for an SG player?

Vulpes is right. I think it's more important to get out for SummerJam and/or NEC.

Uhm Nighty/Kai that's on the old forums. (skullgirls.com)

SG at EVO 2014 had ~168 entrants. At EVO 2013 it had right around 200 IIRC.

That said, I think that getting 105 at CB - especially at a time like now - was more important than either of those.

Both links work 100% fine for me.

That's great, the situation was getting quite sad!

Let's trash the curse!

This means that the only people watching the stream will be people who want to be there. No "when's Marvel" in chat this time.

SummerJam has a $500 pot bonus from KPB, Skullgirls noted on their homepage as a sidegame, and the additional incentive of 64+ Entrants meaning that NEC gets a $500 pot bonus from BigE

Looks to me like the better address than Evo for an SG player?
When is summerjam? I think we should be promoting all SG events so if summerjam is first, by all means vulpes, I agree! Summer jam it is!

Reactions: Chip Blaster
August 28th-30th.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
This means that the only people watching the stream will be people who want to be there. No "when's Marvel" in chat this time.
Teamspooky streaming generally gets a ton of random viewers no matter what is going on.
The entire FGC has the channel on follow, and when you see it live, you click in to see what is going on.

Thanks for watching guys, I hope the show was good for you. Anything that couldn't be streamed due to connection issues will still be uploaded at my YT channel http://youtube.com/TheSassageKing and I'm sure Spooky will have top 8 on his channel as well.

He's probably going to rebroadcast things on Saturday, I might try to rebroadcast things on Friday night so that they can sort of be watched in order without me trying to overlap with his restream.

Really proud of the turnout, the quality of play, and the exposure that Skullgirls got over the weekend. Thanks very much to those of you who made Combo Breaker your own major, and I'm glad to see this game get the attention it deserves.

I cannot like that username enough.

Ya did us proud, too. Thank you and your helper(s?) very much!
Reminder - Friday is Salty (twitch.tv/ugclive) but if you rebroadcast I'll try not to stomp it too hard. We may even just host that.

Thanks! Sorry was trying to work my rebroadcast around Spooky's so that people can watch the top 16 prior to his top 8. What time is Salty?

Thanks! Sorry was trying to work my rebroadcast around Spooky's so that people can watch the top 16 prior to his top 8. What time is Salty?
Salty's at 8:30-9ish (haaaa) PST. That's fairly late, according to people...

Reactions: BGCallisto
Would be neat if the community combo video was also broadcast before or after the top 8.

Salty's at 8:30-9ish (haaaa) PST. That's fairly late, according to people...
Okay yeah, me showing top 16 will be well done by then (starting at 4:30 PST) and I'll be on MKX. I'll cut the stream momentarily after Skullgirls so that even if west coast people don't get home in time to catch it, it'll be in my archives and they can watch it at their leisure before or after Salty.

Would be neat if the community combo video was also broadcast before or after the top 8.
That's done?!

Okay yeah, me showing top 16 will be well done by then (starting at 4:30 PST) and I'll be on MKX. I'll cut the stream momentarily after Skullgirls so that even if west coast people don't get home in time to catch it, it'll be in my archives and they can watch it at their leisure before or after Salty.
Oh yahoo, yay.

That's done?!
I was told it was done and would premiere at Combo Breaker but the team tournament ran for too long and it engulfed other stuff.

I was told it was done and would premiere at Combo Breaker but the team tournament ran for too long and it engulfed other stuff.
Oh, that's REALLY sad. @BGCallisto you might want to consider doing that, then.

6-Let wrote in his own thread that he tried to do some last minute addition to it and didn't manage to finish it
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....r-special-coming-soon.7036/page-3#post-280398
At least if you are talking about what I think you're talking about?

Dunno whether it is done now

E: Rereading, it sounds like it's done and he was just late on the submission

Last edited:
Proud of you guys making this community exponentially grow and become autonomous. *sheds tear*

Gah, I missed seeing the CMV.
Where can I watch it???
6-let said he will put it on YouTube in a few days.