• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

South America Skullgirls Brasil

Ok, aos poucos eu estou voltando a treinar, quero começar a criar mais uns contents aí no futuro, até mesmo pra ir impulsionando o torneio desse ano aqui em bsb. Estou upando um pseudo FT10 contra nosso querido Noaa. Em breve acaba o curso de verão que ocupa tempo (e me enche de treta estranha, 2015 obrigado seu ano maluco) e eu vou poder ter as tardes livres pra zuar mais com vocês.

O link vai ser esse:
Ainda esta processando, eu tive que montar ele duas vezes. (Eu preciso de um PC novo...)

Sobre as lutas eu posso falar uma coisa: eu tentei intencionalmente não terminar combos nesse set. Então se aquieta Lugão!

No almoço eu organizo melhor isso ae.

Reactions: CaioLugon
Que bom ouvir isso Mwisk, queria ser como você e não terminar combos (de beowulf) intencionalmente.

cries-in-spanish.jpg

Resolvi a treta, o YT tem uma viadagem de autenticar a conta por telefone. Caralho google, para de perseguir nossas vidas, ainda bem que eu tenho uns fones fakes pra isso. o_O'

To no uruguai. Fui nas free shops pra ver se eu achava fightstick pra comprar. O cara disse "nunca vi nada assim, nao deve nem existir". Saí da loja com um taco de baseball. Ainda é um fightstick, de alguma forma.

Noazin: proxima vez eu pego class notes
Noazin: pra te dar aula de sg
Noazin:

post-22077-rap-battle-parody-perfect-loop-gLVH.gif

Ok, aos poucos eu estou voltando a treinar, quero começar a criar mais uns contents aí no futuro, até mesmo pra ir impulsionando o torneio desse ano aqui em bsb. Estou upando um pseudo FT10 contra nosso querido Noaa. Em breve acaba o curso de verão que ocupa tempo (e me enche de treta estranha, 2015 obrigado seu ano maluco) e eu vou poder ter as tardes livres pra zuar mais com vocês.

O link vai ser esse:

During this set i watched up to the 17 minute mark or so and you NEVER double jump except a couple of instances of double jumping backwards.

Double jumping is one of vals best movement options because she can call assists from it and yet still block and still be higher than other characters.

Try out a simple pattern like this in training mode:

Jump backwards, double jump forward, airdash plus hairball assist, cancel airdash with j.mk.

This is a ridiculously good pattern for val with any horizontal mid to long ranged assist. If your opponent approaches you any kind of sloppily you jump away from them and use the pattern. It then becomes a very ambiguous crossup since you will fly over them with airdash j.mk.

Double jump also lets you use great patterns like double empty jump forward and call beat extend assist as you land. Offense in a bottle.

Vals movement is extreme, she has alot more than just variants of jump into airdash plus button :)

Good vid BTW :)

@Dime_x Thank you man! I really forget d.jumping is a thing for Val, and the way air dashes work in SG kills me a lot compared to the stuff I used to play. But that's something I used to do better back when I tried Fukua but I forgot about it again when I switched to BB. But I'm definitely going to practice some new patterns with d.jumps.

Reactions: Dime
Hey, guys. Combo Breaker is set to be the biggest SG tournament of the year, and we want to see about getting a few of you up here if possible! Are there any among you that would be interested in a crowd funding campaign to help defer some of the cost of a trip up here? I'm not sure we could 100% fund anybody, but if we aimed for maybe 50% per person, we might be able to get 2-4 of you up to Chicago.

Thoughts?

I'd be interested, my job is kinda flexible for travels, plus I have a US visa already.

Reactions: Lethalmind
Hm, I kinda like it. But I need to borrow a controller, everyone is going to laugh at me and my broken controller. A Xbox Controller by the way. SORRY FOR ASKING TO MUCH. ;-;

If we're really doing this, I have to plan a little bit since I'm moving and dealing with the expenses of it, and CB is really close. I was looking at the prices and they're around 1100-1300 USD from where I live (Brasilia - BSB).

If anyone wants to check prices:
www.kayak.com

I think that getting the best of Brazil up to Chicago is the idea, so we need to do two things: make a list of who is cool with coming up here on a community subsided ticket, and then rank them in order of skill. Using that top 4 list, we can estimate costs and set a crowdfunding campaign with an initial goal of getting player #1 up here, and then stretch goals of getting #2-4 on a plane. I'm gonna guess that about $700/per player is doable, if people know that up front. Any extra funding past the 4th person goal would be split evenly among all 4 players to help further defray costs.

and then, of course: #sendbraziltocombobreaker

Reactions: Colossi and Mwisk
I afraid no one will care about us. ;-; After that 7-1, no one does anymore.

Wow, that's very sweet to hear of you guys. This is really something I didn't expect.

I'm interested in joining this list, but my visa has expired 4 years ago and I haven't touched it since. I'm afraid it is nearly impossible(?) to set it up until May.

Wow, that's very sweet to hear of you guys. This is really something I didn't expect.

I'm interested in joining this list, but my visa has expired 4 years ago and I haven't touched it since. I'm afraid it is nearly impossible(?) to set it up until May.
Tomorrow's Monday, the perfect time to start looking into a visa renewal. Don't they give eSports athletes visas, now? :D

This is a really nice idea and I hope it works our for you guys. I wont be able to make it due to the visa stuff and family issues. I don't think I even make the top-4 cut anymore =\

Como será o esquema pra nós se encontrarmos? Teremos que ver isso, e planejar isso direito.

Bom eu suponho que todo mundo vai se hospedar no hotel do próprio evento. Tem um desconto maroto, fica 89 dólares a noite e pode ser dividido em 4 pessoas.

Reactions: Colossi and noaa
@Night Phyre Ok I've been talking to our players to see how would this idea work for us, let us organize this:

Currently our Top-4 active SG players are (based on the results of our 37 weeklies, SG never had and offline major here, which I intend to change this year):

@CaioLugon
@noaa
@"Sir" BALK MaNC
@Mwisk

Of which only me currently have a valid visa. Noaa's needs renewal and the other two don't have visas and have some personal issues that might prevent the travel. Getting a US visa can sometimes be a challenge, it's a tad expensive and often denied in certain cities, I know Caio lives in my city, which has a good history with approvals. There was a case with BrenoFighters, a Top SF player who qualified for Capcom Cup in 2013, who didn't get the visa and therefore lost the chance to play in Capcom's official tournament. But ever since 2014 the process became at least faster (in my days, it took 4 months to get an appointment), but I'd recommend you guys to work on that asap.

The whole thing will cost around 2k (accomodations, CB registration, visas for those who don't have, food etc.) per person. And that's right now, cuz plane tickets fluctuate a lot. So, if we're doing this, let's start it! o/

So currently the players with better chances of going are noaa and I.

Also this is incredibly generous of you guys, SG community is indeed the best one.

Last edited:
Reactions: noaa
Bom eu suponho que todo mundo vai se hospedar no hotel do próprio evento. Tem um desconto maroto, fica 89 dólares a noite e pode ser dividido em 4 pessoas.
Gostei, hm... EU REALMENTE TENHO QUE VER ISSO. Por que eu nunca sai do país. Então fico meio perdido nisso, eu sei como funciona mas... fazer eu não estou muito acostumado.

Eu não achei o quote (nem procurei)
mas

é nessas horas que eu queria ter um emprego...

Reactions: Mwisk
@Night PhyreSo currently the players with better chances of going are noaa and I.

Also this is incredibly generous of you guys, SG community is indeed the best one.
So, do you think it would be wiser to simply aim for just the two of you, then?

@Night Phyre Ballack (Jorge, aka BALK MaNC) is also interested, although he said he has some things to work around. He also doesn't have a visa. So for now, it would be the three of us. For now, since myself and noaa have better chances, it would be more of a safe bet. Noaa is already looking into his renewal.

@Night Phyre Ballack (Jorge, aka BALK MaNC) is also interested, although he said he has some things to work around. He also doesn't have a visa. So for now, it would be the three of us. For now, since myself and noaa have better chances, it would be more of a safe bet. Noaa is already looking into his renewal.
Then what we'll do is have you and @noaa as the main goal, with Jorge as a stretch goal (and that additional money going to your expenses if he can't make it). The campaign should be directly created & managed by either you or noaa, so that you have direct access to the funds when you need them. I'll gladly help you write up any promotional/lead-in material you need for the gofundme page, and help get the word out as best I can.

So, what we have now:
  • Mwisk and Noaa coming to Combo Breaker IF 50% community sponsorship can be reached ($1000 per player)
  • further funding will go towards further defraying Mwisk/Noass's costs
Sound right?

EDIT: info has been changed to reflect @"Sir" BALK MaNC saying he won't be able to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwisk and Colossi
I guess I can't go... Not now... I'm really sorry guys. Please Mwisk, Noaa and Caio if he makes it, kick some ass for me. I'll be watching you guys.

Okay so... @Night Phyre

I've spent these last days looking into both visa and financial issues, and in the end I'll not be able to go. Both because my visa is 5 days off from being able to be renewed without scheduling an interview (2 years and 5 days have passed since its expiry date), and the closest one considering I schedule it NOW in the american consulate is 4 months away.

And.. the biggest issue right now - money. My family is actually facing a debt of around R$80,000.00, which translates to roughly 29 thousand dollars. I don't feel good making a trip outside knowing that even 10 cents could instead be directed to helping my parents face this debt.

So yeah, I'm not going. Not even if 95% of the total expenses are reached. It's just not something I feel comfortable doing with my family. I'll be helping @Mwisk in his campaign though, since this means he's the only one of us who will be able to go.

But afterall this was something that caught me offguard - in the most positive possible way. It never even crossed my mind that someone from another country would even go through the trouble of mentioning funding anyone to go there. This is really something. It means that everything we're doing down here towards the community is actually reaching overseas. I got really emotional while talking to Mwisk about it yesterday and I feel I MUST write these words.

Thank you. From the deepest realms of my heart, thank you. It means the world to me that the passion and effort we have down here are being noticed. I'll do my best to keep up to the expectations and respect you guys are showing us, and I know I can speak to both me and Mwisk about it.

I'm deeply sorry I'll not be able to go, but once again, thank you. :)

Last edited:
Galera, pro pessoal que não vai poder ir mas tem interesse no futuro. Já adiantem os seus vistos pelo menos, pq aparentemente a espera ainda é a mesma da minha época (altos mêses). Especialmente quem tá na facul ou é casado com filhos, pessoas nesse perfil tem mais chances de pegarem o visto.

Infelizmente eu sou o único que vai poder ir nesse negócio se der certo. Eu vou tentar aproveitar a chance pq eu quero fazer uns contatos mais fortes para o Cacomp e os torneios daqui em geral, e nesse ano eu teria muito mais material e resultado para mostrar pro pessoal das empresas grandes de lá.

E também não custa nada falar com o Peter pessoalmente sobre trazer o pessoal do L0 para cá.

Estou geleiando muito.
Aproveite o quanto eu aproveitaria.

E eu ainda vou nesse Cacomp com o Pxotinho.

Eu estou velho demais pra ter as 'reações' de vcs. o_O'

Reactions: Lethalmind
In conjunction with the SNS Fundraiser, both @POS Industries and @ElkyDori have generously offered to volunteer their time for a special mid-week Brasil-themed stream to get people to buy more shirts, and thus get more donations for @Mwisk's trip up to Chicago. If they've already reached out to you guys, good, if not, then now you know. They're looking at a weekday during the week of April 6th-9th.

In conjunction with the SNS Fundraiser, both @POS Industries and @ElkyDori have generously offered to volunteer their time for a special mid-week Brasil-themed stream to get people to buy more shirts, and thus get more donations for @Mwisk's trip up to Chicago. If they've already reached out to you guys, good, if not, then now you know. They're looking at a weekday during the week of April 6th-9th.

I bought two T-shirts for me today (as a Peacock player i am), i hope i've helped

Reactions: Kai and Colossi
Só passando para avisar que eu vou excluir da minha friend list todo mundo que utilizar qualquer um desses novos taunts contra mim sob quaisquer circunstâncias. Flws, vlws.

Só passando para avisar que eu vou excluir da minha friend list todo mundo que utilizar qualquer um desses novos taunts contra mim sob quaisquer circunstâncias. Flws, vlws.
Mas... São apenas taunts...

Mas... São apenas taunts...
Ah velho, eu poderia escrever um texto enorme a respeito de atitudes dentro e fora de uma mídia digital (jogos, internet, etc) o que as pessoas transmitem através delas, como diferentes pessoas as interpretam, etc, etc. Mas para te poupar de 2 horas de chatice, apenas não use taunts contra mim, ok?

Ah velho, eu poderia escrever um texto enorme a respeito de atitudes dentro e fora de uma mídia digital (jogos, internet, etc) o que as pessoas transmitem através delas, como diferentes pessoas as interpretam, etc, etc. Mas para te poupar de 2 horas de chatice, apenas não use taunts contra mim, ok?
Eh... Tá certo então... O_o