• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls Encore - Now coming to PS4 and Vita!

HD is so last year. Now, there's QHD.

WILL IT ALLOW CROSS PLAY?

My PS3 used AV cables, I'm pretty sure the HD will be an upgrade
If its the same deal as the PC version, all the artwork will be made for the 720p resolution but just scaled to 1080p.

If its the same deal as the PC version, all the artwork will be made for the 720p resolution but just scaled to 1080p.
the PC version is proably getting a 1080p version after robo thohg

Reactions: gllt
Since I already bought the game on PS3 do i have to re-buy it on PS4?

While I won't be leaving PC gaming for a long time and while I don't like the PS4 controller at all, nice to see the game coming over to more systems.
the PC version is proably getting a 1080p version after robo thohg
As someone with a 1440p monitor and will soon get a new high-end PC, high-res packs would be awesome!

Now let's all ask for a Wii U version guys!

P-please?
Put Filia on Smash xD

Good news. This can attract more players.

Don't know how it's the "full version" of the PC edition if it has... all the same content.
I'll have to move my vita up to the next system I should get when I feel like spending a bunch of money at once again. Skullgirls on the go sounds nice. Although I need a tiny arcade stick attachment for the vita if I want to really step it up.

Reactions: Ronus
Don't know how it's the "full version" of the PC edition if it has... all the same content.

All the DLC characters will be included with the game. I guess that's what it meant.

Smart move to keep the game alive. And very good news for me since I dont have much more reasons to keep my PS3 around.

Also the fighting game offer on PS4 is so bad that its ought to catch some new users.

Now with PSVITA version I can play Skullgirls everywhere, EVEN IN THE BATHROOM and the house of other people. THANKS LAB-ZERO.

I dont have much more reasons to keep my PS3 around.
Give it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seriously, though, The move to Vita is an interesting one. Still not sure what to think of that.

Wonder what the situation with support for PS3 sticks is? I remember reading it was made so that games could choose to support PS3 sticks on PS4 (I'm hoping this means PS3 sticks work for SG PS4 edition :3)

Xrd and Skullgirls will be the only fighters on PS4 unless streaming USF4 via PSNow isn't as awful as it sounds.

Does the PS4 version get assist win pose if on screen at end of the round like PC?

Xrd and Skullgirls will be the only fighters on PS4

The amount of "fine" I am with this, is astounding.

So....When can I digitally pre-order? Pre-load? :p

Does the PS4 version get assist win pose if on screen at end of the round like PC?
I'd like to assume so as there would be no memory constraints in the way for it.

Can I say that I mentioned this in another rather large forum and people immediately were like "Why are they making more ports when they could work on linux port? Skullgirls is bad cause no linux port..They ripped me off wahhhhh".

Can I say that I mentioned this in another rather large forum and people immediately were like "Why are they making more ports when they could work on linux port? Skullgirls is bad cause no linux port..They ripped me off wahhhhh".
Did you link them to post that said the Vita/PS4 ports makes finishing the linux port easier?

Reactions: Wenzel
it was sadly not enough for them as they seem to want the port tomarrow.

I've been hoping for a PS Vita version for 2 years now. You rock LZ!!

Hey, can someone please nag shoryuken.com about this news for us? I feel dumb doing it since we're the actual developer and it makes it sound like we're asking for special treatment, but they haven't posted anything on it and it seems like srk readers would want to know about something like this...

Reactions: Ronus and Wenzel
Hey, can someone please nag shoryuken.com about this news for us? I feel dumb doing it since we're the actual developer and it makes it sound like we're asking for special treatment, but they haven't posted anything on it and it seems like srk readers would want to know about something like this...
@MyLifeIsAnRPG pls

Reactions: Wenzel
Hah this is pretty awesome, I've been waiting for one of my main fighting games to hit the Vita <3

Love you guys!

I just wish you could switch accounts on the fly on vita like you can on ps3. Needing Memory cards for each account is a pain. I still havent figured out how to actually backup a whole memory card via CMA on PC. I wish i could figure out how to get it to work easily. I wonder what sony was thinking.

My brand new Ps4 is ready for this =3 Though I am not D= I need a new Stick..

Put Filia on Smash xD

Good news. This can attract more players.

I kinda did with Cerebella, but the model was terrible so I'm waiting for a new version, but my friend's been extremely slow about finishing it...
<-VERY old video mind you

Last edited:
Reactions: Raging_Zoroark
My brand new Ps4 is ready for this =3 Though I am not D= I need a new Stick..
I would guess PS4 PCB will be out soon to mod your own PS4 compatibility. If not, the new Madcatz sticks that are currently JPN only will probably be hitting us soon and they have a switch for PS4 mode.

I would guess PS4 PCB will be out soon to mod your own PS4 compatibility. If not, the new Madcatz sticks that are currently JPN only will probably be hitting us soon and they have a switch for PS4 mode.
Atm I only have a Xblox stick. Which kinda hurt me in wanting to join in the fun at Evo. I appreciated the loaner, but I'd of rather played on my own, ja know?

at this rate for next gen fighters im going to need a converter box for my converter box

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Thanks for the link, Zazz. Looks like it's showing up on the front page too. Yay!

I guess this is old news but I heard that Microsoft has relaxed some of its ass backwards policies for indie development.

Is an XBox One port still out of the question?