• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls for EVO2016?

I guess the nicest thing I can say about this is... if community opinion and support had any effect on the EVO lineup at all, UNIEL would've made the lineup last year.

I really don't like the defeatist attitude people seem to be showing with regards to this poll. If you don't think the poll will make a difference then why vote, and if you're voting why not at least try to show support for SG?

(That said I understand that SG is definitely not in the top 7 most popular games on that list, and in fact when I went to vote I found I had 7 games picked before even getting to SG. But I didn't not vote for SG because I thought a vote for SG would be wasted.)

I guess the nicest thing I can say about this is... if community opinion and support had any effect on the EVO lineup at all, UNIEL would've made the lineup last year.

No matter how obvious EVO ends up turning out, there is never a reason to not voting for your game. While this may not end up effecting the main games, it does end up effecting peoples views on EVO and giving some clearer view on how predetermined EVO is. I mean it pushed the skullgirls scene to support combo breaker instead of EVO and support tournaments that actually want you to present your game and skill.

You sold me to at least vote. The top 7 actually make sense to me though, but we'll wait and see who gets swapped out for Rising Thunder

god i hope rising thunder doesn't actually get mainstage, i mean when it dropped a lot of top SF players were all over it but now it's basically just fchamp AFAIK, so many other games deserve it more

Vote and show your support and show that we still want to be at EVO.

Worst case scenario we keep growing and being better every year like how we are now, best case scenario woo EVO.

Just don't complain all loud and whatnot when/if we don't make it, we should be used to it by now xD

Haha woo 100+ people voted for 3s, poor souls ;-;

we still want to be at EVO
Okay this is actually something that confuses me.

DO we? Do we really?

(Actually... of course I'd want to be at an EVO that supports games like SG. But EVO as it is now? Um... it wasn't as fun as CB the two times I went to EVO...)

of course I'd want to be at an EVO that supports games like SG

That's the point, if EVO put SG on the lineup that would imply that it cared about SG so it would be worth going to. The only reason SG community doesn't care about EVO is because EVO doesn't care about us; a lot of people say that EVO is definitely worth going to if you play a main stage game.

Reactions: erkicman
It will be worth going to evo since sf5 is evo and lots of people will be playing that game for the first year at least.

After that it's anyone's guess, but a new streetfighter tends to bring communities together like no other game, at least for a short while.

I'm relatively new to the competitive SG scene but just based off my observations the community has definitely put in a lot of work the past year that given our momentum it may be possible that one day we can be a main stage game. As long as we keep pushing we can earn our keep in the fgc.

god i hope rising thunder doesn't actually get mainstage, i mean when it dropped a lot of top SF players were all over it but now it's basically just fchamp AFAIK, so many other games deserve it more

I hope Rising Thunder doesn't take main stage either, the game looks so uninteresting to me

I'm relatively new to the competitive SG scene but just based off my observations the community has definitely put in a lot of work the past year that given our momentum it may be possible that one day we can be a main stage game. As long as we keep pushing we can earn our keep in the fgc.
lmao nah

As erickman said, if Evo were merit-based or community-based, not only would Under-Night have made it last year but Skullgirls would have made it over SFxT in 2012.

I'm not so desperate as to want to be a main Evo game anymore. It's a fool's wager, we already have the main stage (on Saturday night, which is a clearly superior option) at better majors, we don't have to suffer TOs that talk shit and make up lies about us, and everybody who matters knows that we bust our ass as a community and can be hype as hell. If it happens, which it absolutely 100% won't, that's nice because the Southwest could use a major and it's in the summer where there are no other good majors, but it's not worth spending the effort getting invested in trying to make Wizard do anything other than be a shill (especially because he responds only to money and not effort).

crap I didn't either! I usually check these things too..my bad!