• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore in a Minute!

I love how everyone in the comments keeps mistaking her for Zone-Tan.

Because Zone is how 80% of the public know SG.

People in the comments are saying that the game is sexist. " So this game is sexist towards men? I'm a man and I don't want that in my game. " :PUN:

This game is sexist like WWE ones. *gasp*

Looking at this lore, makes me want a skullgirls tv show.

I've been wanting that since Day 1 of the IGG campaign. Let's get this series to be more popular so we can get either a TV series or something so we can see more of this game's world.

Truly, Giant Tuba Man is the best character in this whole thing.

One day, you'll be playable Marie.

He-hey, it's finally here! I remember emailing them about doing this one. I even put together my own little script for it.

"Not long ago, the three great nations of the world, the Canopy Kingdom, the Gigan Nation, and the Dagonian Kingdom, were engaged in a great and bloody war that would later be known as the Grand War. Nancy Renoir, the queen of the Canopy Kingdom, finding the war too terrible (And expensive) to continue, sought out the Skull Heart, an artifact spoken of in legends said to grant a woman's wish. Upon finding it, she wished for an end to the Grand War, but the Skull Heart, finding her impure of heart, responded by transforming her into a deity of pure destruction—a Skullgirl. The destruction she caused was so devastating that the three great nations formed a temporary alliance just to destroy her. Eventually, Nancy was killed, and peace was restored...for a time.

Seven years have passed since then, and now, a new Skullgirl has unexpectedly arisen. Take control of a rich cast of characters, including a Grand War victim broken and rebuilt, Nancy's daughter, and an amnesiac schoolgirl with parasitic hair, and fight through the others on your quest to destroy the Skullgirl! Have Fun!"

I figured that the Grand War would be more relevant information to would-be Skullgirls players, but whatever works—the more important thing is the exposition that Lore-in-a-Minute gives us...and it seems to be working. People in the comments seem to be surprised at how Skullgirls actually has interesting lore.

this probably should get a thread on the news forum

EVERYTHING IS SEXIST!!! BWAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Great video, loved the narration.

One day, you'll be playable Marie.
I think that would be the only character in the sg universe that I would be hyped about her being made.

I think that would be the only character in the sg universe that I would be hyped about her being made.
*tap tap tap*

*tap tap tap*

tumblr_n829wowQ8B1ro0g5eo1_250.png

Bad DDB.
No bugging people about their character choices.

When's Fast Facts and Dev Lore in a Minute. I must see Mok Zed in cartoon form.

I also would like The Skullgirls TV show to be a thing.
I don't have the patience to really wait that long, I believe a TV series would take too long XD

But I would absolutely love that though, a comic/manga drawn by Alex would be much appreciated for someone like me who just loves to read them, and a TV show would be really great too. Give me something!

Coming soon to a theater near you...

ANNIE: GIRL OF THE STARS.