• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Can we get Squigly's crMP to low profile? It just always seemed really weird that it doesn't to me and some other Squigly players I know.

or cr.LK for that matter. I mean it really LOOKS like it should low profile.

Can we get Squigly's crMP to low profile? It just always seemed really weird that it doesn't to me and some other Squigly players I know.
9MoVm6o.png
c93LyaV.jpg

Reactions: Sydoh
We should remove headless fortune's ghost head hurtbox while we're at it.

Ever wonder why headless Fortune is vulnerable above her neck?

Best to never question this sort of thing.

Edit: wow we typed that at the same time. Also, Mike has said no to me repeatedly on the subject because she would low profile many things just crouching.

Not sure if I'm missing the joke here but headless fortune having a hurtbox where her head is suppose to be would probably be for combo/hurtbox consistency, like how fukua has those protruding hurtboxes around her waist so filia combos work on her. I'm going to take a guess Squigly goes really low profile in that move shown a few posts up and Mike didn't want it to be too good. If Fukua's c.MP is anything like Filia's one, it isn't even a good move to begin with.

Not sure if I'm missing the joke here but headless fortune having a hurtbox where her head is suppose to be would probably be for combo/hurtbox consistency, like how fukua has those protruding hurtboxes around her waist so filia combos work on her. I'm going to take a guess Squigly goes really low profile in that move shown a few posts up and Mike didn't want it to be too good. If Fukua's c.MP is anything like Filia's one, it isn't even a good move to begin with.
except its faster? *do filia's and fukua's c mp on whiff and see which one's the better one*

If Fukua's c.MP is anything like Filia's one, it isn't even a good move to begin with.

People don't know about Fil/Fuk 2MP.

Reactions: Cadenza
isnt chp a better anti air though?

They're both good AAs on both characters. I guess Filia would get more mileage out of 2HP since she doesn't have hurtboxes at the end of it like Fukua, and it's about the same speed as her 2MP, but the great thing about 2MP is that if they block it, you still have another normal to go through, so they can't land cancel your AA as easily.

Like, if you tried to AA with 5HP or 2HP and they blocked. As soon as they land they can punish you unless you're already planning on hitting Updo or something (which is another benefit of 2HP/2MP).
With 2MP, you can meaty them as they land so they're less likely to hit buttons.

Fukua's 2MP is really good because it has short startup and recov and she low-profiles with it, so you can AA pretty much every normal barring Parasoul j.HP with it (Yes, you can even AA Double j.HP reliably with it).

Also, 2MP is a launcher, so if you hit with it, you can go straight into your air combo of choice.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
+1 for Fortune getting her headless versions of the sperated rekkas as assists.

@Mike_Z : I found a potential bug with headspike and/or left/right differences. After doing c.HP > headspike while facing the left side of the screen, I can consistently get the huge ground bounce from the head missing, but it never works facing the right side of the screen. I'll post a link here of me doing it on stream in a sec.

EDIT: http://www.twitch.tv/remikz/b/580161859 @ 1:02:30 you see me doing it while facing right and it not working then I try it facing left and get it consistently. This is not exclusive to the corner and can be done anywhere. The timing/spacing is really weird on parasoul and valentine but it works on everyone.

Last edited:
AIGHT. So Nerfing LnL's damage? GOOOOOOO!

What? Why?

I mean you can't combo into it unless you're using an assist. You can't combo out of it without spending 2 bars (or one in the corner). 32 frame startup, if you're doing a chain you'll beat the armor most of the time anyway because its so slow.

I don't get it.

What? Why?

I mean you can't combo into it unless you're using an assist. You can't combo out of it without spending 2 bars (or one in the corner). 32 frame startup, if you're doing a chain you'll beat the armor most of the time anyway because its so slow.

I don't get it.
Have you seen its damage in a combo

Reactions: Cadenza
Have you seen its damage in a combo

Yes I have seen people combo into H LnL assist, It does 100 more damage than H Brass. I don't see the big deal.

Yes I have seen people combo into H LnL assist, It does 100 more damage than H Brass. I don't see the big deal.
now take that same exact thing EXCEPT whenever you get a CH combo that you did not deserve if someone hit the point and still got tagged with the assist. Which allows you to use H LNL AGAIN since it you didn't combo with it but rather converted off the hit.

50 more actually

now take that same exact thing EXCEPT whenever you get a CH combo that you did not deserve.

Ok apparently getting conversions by assists is getting a combo that you didn't deserve now.

Man all those people in Evo top8 are frauds.

Which allows you to use H LNL AGAIN since it you didn't combo with it but rather converted off the hit.

Well then just fix that part? That sounds like a bug/oversight anyway.

Edit - Just checked it, you can't convert off of a CH LnL and do another one in the same combo. Not sure what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Ok apparently getting conversions by assists is getting a combo that you didn't deserve now.

Man all those people in Evo top8 are frauds.

That's not what i saying.....ok guy.

@Luweewu the problem lies is that the point's hurtbox will shield H LNL. now unless you got the character that can sweep good then you're screwed and even then it must be pre-emptive. Lets not take into account the frames each normal eats up and depending on your spacing.

Edit: overall i'm ok with it changing or not.

now take that same exact thing EXCEPT whenever you get a CH combo that you did not deserve if someone hit the point and still got tagged with the assist. Which allows you to use H LNL AGAIN since it you didn't combo with it but rather converted off the hit.

lol since when? Guess I'll check this out later.

@ the LNL nerf stuff. meh

I think Dream thinks "convert" means get a mixup and hit off the advantage, not actually "convert into a full combo off a LnL call then get another LnL call midcombo"

I mean its just a beta experiment. Relax. :)