• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Oh man all these damage nerfs. Brb testing stuff.

Oh hey, that's certainly a thing I can get to happen! Thanks yo.

@SonicFox5000 did you mean that one (chair), or divekick?
Its as an assist with divekick. I did catch it on stream against sage though in a FT100. Man i gotta look through all of that. But yeah it mainly happens as an assist with horus where he just doesnt come out

Just tested some cerebella combos and the damage nerf isn't too terrible. Not sure why s.HK needed to get nerfed though.

Eliza took like a 500-600 damage nerf across most of her combos for the most part.

EDIT: Robo fortune is pretty awesome so far

Last edited:
Yeah peacock kinda got buffed from retail lol

Peacock did take a few damage nerfs but her damage is still up there.

Didn't really think we needed these damage nerfs except maybe for Eliza but eh.

Still don't like that only select assists can crossup up (like LnL) as peacock with teleport.

For exactly 1 meter (no sehkmet) I get 7.7 halfscreen and corner, universal for 100 less on bella/band/double. thats 200 damage less, not too bad, but other bnbs probably got hit harder.

The Bella changes aren't a big deal, if anything the konchou nerf will affect some Bellas more than others. I was actually expecting her to get nerfs anyhow considering every top player uses her.
Also Peacock lost about 500-600 damage per full scaled argus and lost some damage on moves like s.hk and c.hp. But i will agree that with the Lenny changes, Peacock seems overall a bit better than retail. Or at least more versatile in what she can do with meter. It's actually quite fun.

Wow a lot of the cerebella damage nerfs are adding up. I'm sure people will be happy with this, but if she's getting adjusted shouldn't peacock also?
This. I've always felt that peacock needed number nerfs more than mechanic changes.

She has crazy good corner combos thanks to the ability to cancel c.hp into s.hk. Plus argus scales well and best meter gain and all that.

'Ello @Mike_Z I'm guessing you skipped over the Fortune discussion a few pages back, but one issue that people have with headless Fortune is that trying to do IAD stuff with her feels... chunky. Could there be a larger buffer so that it's easier to get an attack out as soon as possible out of headless IAD?

Peacock getting really high damage requires 2-3 meters. Before meter, its not high relatively speaking.

It's still pretty high before meter.

That it is scalable with meter just makes it more awesome.

The heads called by Robo Fortune don't actually follow Robo Fortune if she's tagged out. They keep flying in whatever direction she was tagged out. When she tags back in, they have to make the travel time for however far away they flew. Tags out for 10 seconds, they take 10 seconds to fly back when she's tagged in. Just a thing I noticed.

If you tag her out on the left side, wait a few seconds, tag her in, and then tag her out on the right side, you will eventually see the heads fly past to try and catch up with her.

The heads called by Robo Fortune don't actually follow Robo Fortune if she's tagged out. They keep flying in whatever direction she was tagged out. When she tags back in, they have to make the travel time for however far away they flew. Tags out for 10 seconds, they take 10 seconds to fly back when she's tagged in. Just a thing I noticed.

If you tag her out on the left side, wait a few seconds, tag her in, and then tag her out on the right side, you will eventually see the heads fly past to try and catch up with her.
I'm imagining all kinds of insane misdirection that could come from attacking during situations like these. Are the heads meant to have passive positioning elements, like Squigly's raw tag?

I'm 99% sure this is either just me being bad or is already known, but just in case I'll list it here: when doing follow-up notes to BigBands s.mp (I was practicing lvl5 combos/set-ups) while Robo-fortune is point blank and you reset your combo, robo-fortunes recoil animations can move her close enough to BigBand so that follow up notes will not hit.

Is Beowulf supposed to have Arcade Mode AI yet? Because he doesn't have Arcade Mode AI yet. He literally just stands there and does nothing unless you either kill him, tag him out or just sit there and wait for timeout. Robo does, though, so i dunno.

Anyway, what's the usual time you're have to wait between an assist leaving the screen and being able to DHC to that character? Asking because if I go into Alpha Maul while my Band assist is taunting, I just can't get Beowulf to DHC tag into Band, so I was wondering if I might just not be waiting long enough.

Though I'm sure other moves could also benefit from turning into overheads *cough* Filia/Double c.HP *cough*
Sure. I'll make them both 25f and overheads and then EVERYONE will complain because they will no longer be comboable. :^P
Also Robo's s.HK didn't "turn into" an overhead, it didn't exist before.

Sorry.
Is fine. It still might not stick, hahahah, but I evened it out so all the shadows are created on the same frame.

For the sake of interest, what was wrong and how did you fix it?
THAT bug was that just calling the chair was setting the "it hit in this combo already" flag, but if it didn't hit you were allowed to call the assist again, but when you did that the animation actually checks and said "It already hit before wtf" and didn't create one.

Goto the 2:07:53 mark
Hey, check out my signature. :^P

OK, got it! Easier way to reproduce the same bug:
Point Eliza, combo with divekick (or chair), do not use assist, tag or DHC and continue the combo, then call that same Eliza move as an assist = she comes out but anim says "you already used this!" and nothing happens. This is the only case in which you even allowed to get Eliza to do the summon twice in the same combo, so I guess I am okay with allowing it to work instead of break.

You basically did a setup that ended up counting as "the same combo" because Horace hit armor, Eliza got hit, but neither point character was touched, which is really weird. Your setup:
Call Eliza divekick assist vs H LnL assist so that Horace hits armor and Cerebella then hits Eliza, but neither point character gets touched. After that, the next combo Eliza's team lands he counts as "already used", so if she becomes point she can't call him at all and if she is assist then...that happens.

Either way, gonna fix it now.

The heads called by Robo Fortune don't actually follow Robo Fortune if she's tagged out.
Yeah, I know. They will eventually work the way you think they're supposed to.

This. I've always felt that peacock needed number nerfs more than mechanic changes.
She has crazy good corner combos thanks to the ability to cancel c.hp into s.hk. Plus argus scales well and best meter gain and all that.
Argus does 500-800 less damage scaled vs retail. And like I said, I don't as much mind things that cost meter, since you are spending meter. But let's examine that corner combo bit...

Corner starting from c.HP, [c.HP->s.HK xx L bomb]x2, c.HP->s.HK xx L bomb, c.MP->c.MK->c.HP->s.HK xx L bomb, c.LPx2->s.LK->c.MP->c.MK->c.HP->s.HK xx guns does like, 6.9k. Adding Argus in Beta does like 8.3 for 1 bar.
That isn't "crazy good" for a corner combo by SG standards, even for combos starting from c.LK, which this one doesn't. And it requires Peacock to have cornered you, which means Peacock having rushed you down.
Making the last part s.HK xx Lenny, Argus gets you 9.2k for two bars, and you get hit. Making it s.HK xx item xx Argus, drop item, Argus - which triggers undizzy btw, so it isn't valid - gets you 10k, which is still only a bit above average for 2 bars. If you get a Road Roller, which makes it a valid combo, you get 10.5k.

Anyway, what's the usual time you're have to wait between an assist leaving the screen and being able to DHC to that character? Asking because if I go into Alpha Maul while my Band assist is taunting, I just can't get Beowulf to DHC tag into Band, so I was wondering if I might just not be waiting long enough.
Taunt assists all lock the character out afterward for the same time as if they were hit, but they also do not count as having used your assist during that combo. So you have to wait extra time after using one, but if your combo continues and they clear lockout then you can call another assist after a taunt.

Reactions: Mr. X and TechPowah
Corner starting from c.HP, [c.HP->s.HK xx L bomb]x2, c.HP->s.HK xx L bomb, c.MP->c.MK->c.HP->s.HK xx L bomb, c.LPx2->s.LK->c.MP->c.MK->c.HP->s.HK xx guns does like, 6.9k. Adding Argus in Beta does like 8.3 for 1 bar.
lv2 item drop is really what makes her damage that crazy. try something with c.hp, s.hk, L item drop hold, otg c.hp, s.hk, item release and see how much you get.

simply c.hp, s.hk, L item drop hold, otg c.hp, s.hk, item release, c.mk, c.hp, s.hk, L bomb, s.mp, s.hk, L bomb, full chain into M gun does 8.2k meterless and 9.6k for one bar from the same starter you used

lv2 item drop is really what makes her damage that crazy. try something with c.hp, s.hk, L item drop hold, otg c.hp, s.hk, item release and see how much you get.

simply c.hp, s.hk, L item drop hold, otg c.hp, s.hk, item release, c.mk, c.hp, s.hk, L bomb, s.mp, s.hk, L bomb, full chain into M gun does 8.2k meterless and 9.6k for one bar from the same starter you used
Eeeeeeeeeh. I'll look, but it's still Peacock putting you in the corner first, to me?

Hey, check out my signature. :^P

OK, got it! Easier way to reproduce the same bug:
Point Eliza, combo with divekick (or chair), do not use assist, tag or DHC and continue the combo, then call that same Eliza move as an assist = she comes out but anim says "you already used this!" and nothing happens. This is the only case in which you even allowed to get Eliza to do the summon twice in the same combo, so I guess I am okay with allowing it to work instead of break.

You basically did a setup that ended up counting as "the same combo" because Horace hit armor, Eliza got hit, but neither point character was touched, which is really weird. Your setup:
Call Eliza divekick assist vs H LnL assist so that Horace hits armor and Cerebella then hits Eliza, but neither point character gets touched. After that, the next combo Eliza's team lands he counts as "already used", so if she becomes point she can't call him at all and if she is assist then...that happens.

Either way, gonna fix it now.
What I don't understand is that in the video, I use Fukua's Armored grab! Is the game thinking I got hit so that when eliza comes out as an assist, the game reads it as if Eliza got hit way early in the combo even if she's coming out as an assist? Because I have no idea why that happened lol

What I don't understand is that in the video, I use Fukua's Armored grab! Is the game thinking I got hit so that when eliza comes out as an assist, the game reads it as if Eliza got hit way early in the combo even if she's coming out as an assist? Because I have no idea why that happened lol
No. It has nothing to do with what you did for the combo.
The exchange at the beginning of the round, Horace vs LnL, set it up so that Horace already counted as "used in the current combo". So when you did that combo, WHATEVER combo you did, he wasn't gonna come out.

Reactions: SonicFox
Hmm I just noticed that hitting Valentine while she is free falling after a whiffed aerial bypass doesn't count as a counter hit. And she can also throw tech during that time. I guess I just figured if she couldn't block until she touched the ground then she must also be free to airthrows. At first I thought this was just because of the beta change to her air bypass but it appears to be the same in retail. It's not a big deal by any means but I still find it odd that it doesn't at least count as a counter hit.

Reactions: Mike_Z
So how does everyone feel about Double's 8f c.lk now that we've had it for a while?
Keep in mind Cerebella's is also 8, and Eliza's and Fortune's are 7. And Magneto's is 0. :^P

Zero frame startup normals in Marvel 2.

That sounds horrifying.
Mega Man's is too and a bunch others I assume.

Haven't you ever seen 2 people just walk into each other at the start of the round in that game? Mash crouching light or block + assist is the normal thing in that game at round start.

Mash crouching light or block + assist is the normal thing in that game at round start.
No, using the switch glitch and holding a button is the normal thing in that game. No mashing here...

Magneto, Megaman, Shuma, and Roll (ha) have 1f normals. Only Magneto's is a low, though.
[note, 0f and 1f basically mean the same thing, since 0f startup is sort of meaningless.]

Double's 8 frame c.lk seems to be alright, I guess... still feels weird to me like i would mistime on a link with the move. but other than that it makes for a better move to use when crossing under.

well Magnus is the fastest character in that game. I didn't know that it was that fast on startup (never looked into the frame data of the game) but now it makes total sense as to why when ever i played the game as a young kid i would allways lose to Magnus. Heh then again i would allways pick dumb teams like Spiderman, RockMan, and Captain America.

Keep in mind Cerebella's is also 8, and Eliza's and Fortune's are 7. And Magneto's is 0. :^P
Well Bella's c.LK is pretty BS already considering she wants you to stay grounded to grab you, it's also hella plus on block.

i would mistime on a link with the move
How does making a move faster make you miss links into it more? I'm legitimately curious.

Well Bella's c.LK is pretty BS already considering she wants you to stay grounded to grab you, it's also hella plus on block.
My point was the comparison, not a judgment. "Other things exist, be sure to consider this in the context of those things."

How does making a move faster make you miss links into it more? I'm legitimately curious.

I don't know, but when ever i learn a combo that i know i will use many times, my muscle memory will take over and then naturally do it. (note i know like the bare bones from when i fiddled with her like a year and a half ago.) So with the change for me to continue the combo i didn't has to wait as long to press c.lk but thanks to my muscle memory it messes with my timing just a bit and i sometimes miss the link and waste the otg that would want later on in the combo. But this is just me, i'm sure other players don't have this problem with double.

I don't know, but when ever i learn a combo that i know i will use many times, my muscle memory will take over and then naturally do it. (note i know like the bare bones from when i fiddled with her like a year and a half ago.) So with the change for me to continue the combo i didn't has to wait as long to press c.lk but thanks to my muscle memory it messes with my timing just a bit and i sometimes miss the link and waste the otg that would want later on in the combo. But this is just me, i'm sure other players don't have this problem with double.
My confusion comes from the fact that pressing it at the old timing will still work if the move is made faster. (O.o)

Will it ever be possible for Catellite Lives to have robo heads in the mix as well? Also, I was wondering if cat heads could be changed a little bit in some ways (Not changing from 2 bar.) I'm also not going to ask for consistent restand because we've been down this road before and I know its not something that's going to happen. One thing I'm curious about is if their attacking speed could be increased. Note I am not talking about cooldown before they can attack again, but the speed and/or distance (preferably speed, but I digress) at which they move when you DO attack with them. Considering you're spending two bars (DHC or otherwise and when you dhc it's usually a safe one anyways), when you activate safely on point it seems a little underwhelming trying to get them to move across the screen and you have to waste a bunch of you're 2Bar catheads time on just touching your opponent with a single head, especially when they jump all around and you have to waste more time on M attacks to cover the vertical space. What I am not sure about is how this would affect how catheads combo and other things, so if I could get a little input on this from Mr. Big Developer that would be great. I don't think I'm going to tag Mike from now on unless it's absolutely about a bug (to my knowledge.)

Last edited:
Reactions: zarkingphoton

Amusing. Recorded for posterity before it gets fixed.

Honestly, I don't really care either way for Double's faster c.lk. I have few problems getting that link in retail. It's just been that way for so long.