• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

but whatever, you can go straight into s.HP xx L Rekka and be +0 too.

I hope you realise how incredibly different that is to having a single low hit that is + on block.

(Like Val does now D=)

imo it is one of the most powerful normals to have in SG. Look at Bella or Squigly, their 2LKs make their pressure absolutely scary. You can still use jabs for a SIMILAR thing, but not being a low is actually really big.

Now Fortune loses that and Val gains it.

Robo is basically done, we're just quality of life changes, last minute balancing, voice packs and any remaining features away from the final patch. There might be a final balance patch later if needed, but don't expect it.

I remember him saying there probably wouldn't be another balance patch after robo, I just didn't know if robo release would be delayed until all the IGG rewards were implemented, basically.

I hope you realise how incredibly different that is to having a single low hit that is + on block.

(Like Val does now D=)

imo it is one of the most powerful normals to have in SG. Look at Bella or Squigly, their 2LKs make their pressure absolutely scary. You can still use jabs for a SIMILAR thing, but not being a low is actually really big.

Now Fortune loses that and Val gains it.

I don't play fortune or val so I won't comment on the usefulness of c.lk in the context of those characters, but I'm not sure why you're so concerned about val getting a c.lk that's plus on block when previously she was the only character in the game whose wasn't. Not that I think val needed a buff but when one character is arbitrarily missing something (unless mike gave a specific reason in the past why val was the only one to deserve a c.lk that was minus on block) that EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GAME HAS I don't think it's wrong to rectify that.

It made Val's 2LK a commitment, she could still do 2LK LK if she wanted it to be neutral, but it lost the beat upback with a really fast move while safely continuing pressure that good 2LKs have.

Mostly I'm just scared because one of the things that keeps Valentine from being insane is that her pressure cannot open you up as easily as some other characters. Her throw is amazing, so now she has one of the best low/throws in the game no question.

Reactions: Dime
I just don't see what warranted it. It's a part of her neutral game. Like the move is getting nerfs and no upsides. Meanwhile Cerebella keeps her "long ranged" c lk that's also 8f and +6 on block.....+6 on block.....

i mean it's only +1 on block I wouldn't call that insane pressure, I feel like val is still fine

+1 as opposed to -4 is a pretty big change to her low/throw. This is Valentine we are talking about, remember.

I'm interested what the other things on Mike's list are, when he said he wasn't making any more changes I assumed he was at the end of the list.

nah face it homie you done time to die 420 blaze fear me reading rainbow hoops man u thought you have no hope see this cr.lk like what i wont lose pressure once i low??!! FUCK YES. See me, is what I would say. Fuck im a ninja flying in the sky hyaa see this saw gonna j.hp you so good

nah face it homie you done time to die 420 blaze fear me reading rainbow hoops man u thought you have no hope see this cr.lk like what i wont lose pressure once i low??!! FUCK YES. See me, is what I would say. Fuck im a ninja flying in the sky hyaa see this saw gonna j.hp you so good
I have no idea what any of this means.

Annnnyyywayyy

I couldn't resist trying out the Robo update a little bit.

Gettin 2 heads while still being very + is nice, can sacrifice damage at the end of a combo for full screen positioning with 2 heads now which is a sacrifice I can actually see myself making a lot in some matchups.

Especially if you use an assist to get a head during a combo, 3 head combos!

I don't think val needs the buff. She's a bait and punish character, right? IMO not every character should have strong pressure.

Also I've noticed that my kanchous are resetting the combo counter but not IPS anymore, what gives?

Last edited:
Val is a pixie
Hard to call a high damage, not low life, character a pixie.

She definitely has the pixie attributes, but she doesn't have the weaknesses associated with the usual pixies.
One of the reasons why her buffed cr.lk is kinda like "why".

Kinda like bella having a reflect instead of a fireball nullifying move and therefor being one of the better antifireball characters in the game despite being a quintessential grappler, is also kinda like... Why.

But lol it's SG no character perfectly fits into any specific molds I guess. Peacock still has no animation for item release which in itself is very close to straight up broken (in a way, but not actually since the item drop itself isn't THAT great) but is still one of those head scratchers.

Meh.

Well if cerebella's reflect only nullified projectiles and didn't shoot something back at peacock she would never EVER hit peacock lmao

Sometimes you just have to HOLD DAT EL and get GACKED ON

I'm kidding of course, but only slightly.

Fighting the good fight, is possible:

Reactions: Midiman
Your loss on the second video. The first one though, not for the faint of heart. Not clicking on such keepaway violence is probably a good thing.

Nice, replay updates. Are we going to get a real UI for the replay theater eventually or are we going to be left with text on a black screen?

I guess its still better to have the replay feature than to not though, even if the UI isn't exactly up to the standards of the rest of the game.

Reactions: Wenzel
Nice, replay updates. Are we going to get a real UI for the replay theater eventually or are we going to be left with text on a black screen?

I guess its still better to have the replay feature than to not though, even if the UI isn't exactly up to the standards of the rest of the game.

well, maybe "replays" are in the "to do list before the last patch/ major update" and now that "all priority stuff are done" its time to finished, tought.

EDIT: what are the current controls for Replays?

Last edited:
So any response about Fortune's c lk change? Anyone know? Seems like Mike has stopped looking at this thread

General
- Fix looping error in An Oasis of Blood. Art Gallery version now plays the full old intro, as well.
- Fix bug that was making music restart when trying to play the same music as was already playing, everywhere in the game.

Cerebella
- Now properly gets counterhit out of the landing recovery of a whiffed Grab Bag.
Filia
- Middle hits of Gregor Samson have correct blockstun (25f, same as the final hit); hitstun unchanged.
- In-game framedata correctly counts air Gregor Samson landing recovery as recovery frames. Thanks Outlaw_Spike!
RoboFortune
- Headrone RAM and Impact activations now more aggressively seek to the starting point of the action.
- Headrone RAM tracks a very tiny bit better vertically.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/209759533962914319

---

Replays
- Checking for replay files on startup now uses a much more efficient search. The maximum number of files it checks for 10,000 replays is 14. Opening the game with thousands of replays is now much faster! Thanks to Fizzxwizz for providing several thousand replays to test with. :^)
- Bugfix: Playing a replay no longer leaves the match conditions (time, rounds, etc) set for the next game you play after that.
- Bugfix: Fixed randomness being wrong during replays, hopefully for good! Pausing a replay was creating a sprite for the announcer voice, which was choosing a random number and messing up randomness from there on. Now that won't mess it up. Please check if you have any recent desynced replays!
- Updates to Replay Theater temp screen:
Left/Right are +/- 1, Up/Down are +/- 25.
Holding a direction will repeatedly scroll that direction; holding it for 2 seconds will scroll 4x as fast.
You can wrap from replay #1 to the last replay, and from the last replay to #1.
The screen now displays the fighters used in the currently selected replay.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/209759533966459816

- Fix bug that was making music restart when trying to play the same music as was already playing, everywhere in the game.
Ooooooooh nice. I noticed this when I was making custom music packs but I thought it was me messing up inserting them into the folders.

Does anyone else feel Robo's audio is still too low? I can barely hear the Peacock win quote at all, if I hadn't listened to the voice reel I probably wouldn't know what it is, the filter is fine, but it's so quiet.

"Surely this change doesn't matter no way will it change anyth- oh 2LK 5HP isn't a blockstring anymore."

I'm a little sad now it made for a really good poke for a character that is amazing on the ground but not the greatest in the air.

I honestly didn't think I'd notice the Fortune 2LK nerf but I do at least now I do. I don't like it to say the least.

From playing vs Fortune after the nerf c.LK c.LK actually gets a little more annoying than it used to because it's harder to pushblock it on reaction. From my checking the frame data was changed by reducing the blockstun so it's actually pretty godlike for pushblock baits now. I think this is the best way to have nerfed this normal, since c.LK s.MK is still a blockstring. (EDIT3: It's not, I'm a dumb fuck, but good luck to anyone mashing on the first frame of them touching something.)

EDIT: Also from my testing c.LK c.LK can now be upbacked (though my results were inconsistent but that's quite possibly due to my laptop being shit and my turbo buttons not being the most reliable), but it means that your run in tick throw or c.LK setup should be s.LP now instead of c.LK and c.LK is more of a "I know you are going to upback in neutral now so get fucked lmao" tool, especially since it still reaches so far and leads to fiber loops etc even at that max range.

EDIT2: Just tested again and... it can't be upbacked? If someone else can test whether frame perfect c.LK c.LK can be upbacked that'd be great.

Last edited:
I think crouching Light normals aren't supposed to be upbacked by design

It's the same with a lot of characters

Is eliza's c.hk supposed to beat robo's mines? because they totally do

How does Robo Destruct Mode work during a between round transition during a 1v1?

How does Robo Destruct Mode work during a between round transition during a 1v1?
Mike just mentioned at Salty he needs to make sure she doesn't explode.

Is eliza's c.hk supposed to beat robo's mines? because they totally do
I guess that's the same deal than with fukua's L shadow : eliza has armor only against projectile, so she gets to beat armor breaking projectiles, a bit like deflector.

But the reach on it is OP yo. No one else in the game has a low that reaches that far ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions: zarkingphoton
Fortune c.LK hits Big Band at round start, I don't think Bella's does (it better not cause her MGR hits Big Band at round start, if she has a 50/50 mixup before you can even move I will be so stressed)

Peanuts, no she can't. She can walk to him for a frame and then hit him but roundstart no. I can sweep him roundstart or sHP roundstart but not 2LK I just tested it.

The last thing I want is more misconceptions on fortune.
(head is not a low cLP is not a low if there are things you're confused about regarding fortune I'll be there to say "nah")

Reactions: ReSpAwNz67
Mike just mentioned at Salty he needs to make sure she doesn't explode.
IMO, any status/timer super should end during the transition. Reasoning being Dark Force doesn't carry over.

IMO, any status/timer super should end during the transition. Reasoning being Dark Force doesn't carry over.
I understand what you mean, using 3 bars in a round should consume the meter, not give you an instant supper at the start of next round.

On the other hand it'd be interesting seeing people working with that, I imagine if you lose the round as Robo you don't stay in Det mode to begin with, then again, I haven't tested that.

Peanuts, no she can't. She can walk to him for a frame and then hit him but roundstart no. I can sweep him roundstart or sHP roundstart but not 2LK I just tested it.

(head is not a low cLP is not a low if there are things you're confused about regarding fortune I'll be there to say "nah")
But H Axe Kick is a high tho

Reactions: gllt

I've hit peanuts roundstart with 2LK plenty of times when playing his big band though. Maybe I catch him in the middle of buffering a dp or something.