• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Fortune c.LK hits Big Band at round start, I don't think Bella's does (it better not cause her MGR hits Big Band at round start, if she has a 50/50 mixup before you can even move I will be so stressed)
Probably doing something that widens your hitbox. Otherwise nah it doesn't hit.
13769eb687.jpg

Reactions: Wenzel
Here's a video to eliminate any and all possible confusion:

Also Freedom Planet has an amazing soundtrack but that has nothing to do with this thread.

EDIT: Oh khaos provided a picture. Well whatever it's cool.

Bigband's crouching idle is slightly wider than his standing so what is probably happening is mcpeanuts is holding downback at the round start which causes c.LK to reach.

This isn't exclusive to ms.fortune as bella, painwheel, double, and beowulf can also do this.

So don't know if this is a big deal but Fukua's s.lp(2) does 500 and her cr.lp does 600. So cr.lp does not scale or was this intentional?

Sv1zjL9.jpg

I just played a ton of sets with worldjem, and realized that my peripheral vision cannot determine which Filia is which on entry, unless I'm directly staring at the character on entry. I was running into Love Dart a lot because of it.

This palette is too stronk.

I thought I could deal with it through practice, I set up random assist call in training mode. Block if Filia, Throw the point character if Fukua. Staring right at the assist on entry worked fine, but if I was staring more towards the middle of the screen there's no discerning the two.

Last edited:
Todays updates Beta but doesn´t included the usual news report on Steam, it is just the change in Training Mode?

I didn't get a beta update today yet

So don't know if this is a big deal but Fukua's s.lp(2) does 500 and her cr.lp does 600. So cr.lp does not scale or was this intentional?
The first three hits of a combo are not scaled. sLP deals 300 200, cLP deals 300 300.

Robobeta Patch Notes 5/11

(since nobody else did yet)
General
- Added sounds for the remaining soundless new taunts.
- Fixed "spooky ghost shield" appearing in the wrong place for Eliza and Robo. Yay! Thanks Izzmo and TheGamaniac.
- Added Robo's tutorial!
- Fixed a dumb bug with reading in the light settings from level files, should fix Big Band sometimes being wrongly darkened on Arena and MART.

Training Mode
- Dummy recordings now persist until you exit training mode back to the main menu. You can choose new characters or a new stage and the dummy recordings will be kept intact.
- Bugfix: Training Mode pause menu now correctly remembers your Training Options menu position on unpause, until you exit Training Mode entirely. (Training mode pause menu would not save your menu position on unpause in the following case: Pause, go to training options, unpause. Pause, it remembers your previous position. Unpause. Kill P2. Choose Play Again. Pause, go to training options, unpause. Pause. It would not remember you were in training options, ever again.)
- Add Infinite Escape Delay training mode option - 0f to 60f, in increments of 5f. Delays the training dummy's burst by that many frames.
- Training Mode meter setting split into two parts: Level, and Type. Type can be Refill (how it used to be), Start With (begin the fight with this amount and work normally after that), or Hold (keep the meter at the given level always).
- Training Mode input display setting split into two parts: Off/Player1/Player2/Both, and Stick/List/Both. Now you can display only P1's inputs or whatever else you like. Thanks IsaVulpes.

Fortune
- Cat Scratch Fever -> Cat Strike no longer builds meter on the startup of Cat Strike, so she doesn't build meter on DHCs. Still builds meter for hitting with the Strike. Thanks IsaVulpes.
Squigly
- Fixed things I broke on Silver Chord: opponent's release position at the end, and Big Band's dragged position.
- Reverted j.LP change. I did like it, but there are too many other characters with better air options that should also be fixed if hers is going to be fixed, and that would change a lot of things. So in the interests of fairness, it stays.
RoboFortune
- Lengthened winpose before announcer talks so all her lines fit. Thanks Kit Ballard!

<3 new burst options in training mode
<3 squigly revert, not that I support squigly having even more ridiculous high/low mixups but like mike said in the notes if everyone else has something similar squigly shouldn't lose hers imo.

Reactions: OldOnyxBones
You know what? I'd eat the salt for an explanation as to why it was nerfed.

It was the best c.LK in the game frame/range-wise.

Although I do think having it at +0 instead of at least +1 is weird.

"This was on The List for a while: It has longer reach than Eliza's or Cerebella's, combos into s.HP, and she has instant airdash j.LK as well as the fastest s.LP in the game."
It's right there in the patch notes.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
It was the best c.LK in the game frame/range-wise.

Although I do think having it at +0 instead of at least +1 is weird.
Cerebella's is on par both range and frame wise. Now that Cerebella's is the best c.lk is that getting nerfed?

There's always gonna be a "best" c.lk and nerfing Fortune's because it is *arguably* the best just seems dumb, especially considering it's so important to her ground game.

Cerebella's is on par both range and frame wise. Now that Cerebella's is the best c.lk is that getting nerfed?

Except Bella doesn't get anything at that distance from c.LK (except c.LK xx Dynamo top kek)? Also Fortune c.LK barely edges it out in range.

"This was on The List for a while: It has longer reach than Eliza's or Cerebella's, combos into s.HP, and she has instant airdash j.LK as well as the fastest s.LP in the game."

it wasn't nerfed solely because it's *arguably* the best

There's always gonna be a "best" c.lk and nerfing Fortune's because it is *arguably* the best just seems dumb, especially considering it's so important to her ground game.

As muro quotes mikez as saying, Cerebella's may be on par frame wise but Fortune's is (for a c.lk) a good bit further ranged. The tradeoff for having this range is being worse framewise. I agree that +1 would be a bit more understandable but the reasoning behind the nerf seems logical (but i don't play fortune)

edit:

this part makes less sense to me, "this character has other good normals so this one being so good too is excessive" would only be good logic if val didn't get a huge buff to her c.lk in the same patch

Except Bella doesn't get anything at that distance from c.LK (except c.LK xx Dynamo top kek)?
?? Both [cLK cMP cHP] and [cLK cMP sHP rs cLK cHP] work from max cLK distance, with [cLK cMP sHP rs cLK cMK] being minimally edged out (whiffs at max distance, but works from pretty much anywhere closer).
Even [cLK cMP sHP xx Kanchou], which previously was hurt bad by far range confirms, now works from near-max cLK distance against most of the cast due to the Kanchou speedup.

Bella gets pretty much every string she even has from any distance.

Fortune's is (for a c.lk) a good bit further ranged.
Do the following:
Go into training mode, Fortune vs Cerebella
Find a spacing where Fortune's cLK hits Bella, but Bella's cLK doesn't hit Fortune
Good luck

Last edited:
?? Both [cLK cMP cHP] and [cLK cMP sHP rs cLK cHP] work from max cLK distance

Turns out that was character specific, it doesn't work on only very few characters at absolute max range, including Fortune and probably some others that I couldn't test. Sorry for not having fully tested what I said.

Except Bella doesn't get anything at that distance from c.LK (except c.LK xx Dynamo top kek)? Also Fortune c.LK barely edges it out in range.
c.lk c.mp s.hp kanchou connects vs robo fortune and filia at max range (didn't bother checking vs others)

The only way to convert off of max range c.lk s.hp is to do rekka (on basically every character that isn't Big Band) which lowers the damage of your combo. Where as Cerebella gets max damage starter (afaik) from max range c.lk. Hers is also now 6f better on block then Fortune's.

And it's not like the range on the two is all that different.
http://gyazo.com/dd80f3f792ff8b228d5aebad66051eaa
http://gyazo.com/d8b583ed52d5d58275f15c154bcd2629

As muro quotes mikez as saying, Cerebella's may be on par frame wise but Fortune's is (for a c.lk) a good bit further ranged. The tradeoff for having this range is being worse framewise. I agree that +1 would be a bit more understandable but the reasoning behind the nerf seems logical (but i don't play fortune)
But Cerebella's wasn't even necessarily worse framewise. 1f longer startup for 3f more blockstun. Cerebella gets much greater reward off of hers as well.

Reactions: ReSpAwNz67
Bellas cr.lk is the scourge of the universe. And Bellas as well as fortunes cr.lk converting from max range easily, is still a sore issue since pw got her easy ability in vanilla to convert her cr.lk from max range, taken away. (Cr.lk,cr.mk,st.hp xx fly 6j.mk converted from everywhere before, but now the 6jmk ability to combo as taken away to nerf some pw strings as well as damage from said string)

The reasoning was because pw did to much damage at the time, and the range thing was refuted by being "a half screen confirm" I only mention these things in case anyone REALLY thinks their stuff is being picked on.

But yeah, Bellas cr.lk could use a nerf as well if fortunes will be. Mike mentioned fortune having IAD whatever... But bella has merry go rilla which she can cancel into from her cr.lk

It's not even that I feel like Fortune is getting picked on per se. It's just that the c.lk is probably the most important normal in her neutral (along with j.lk, j.hp, and s.hp). I don't want Cerebella's c.lk to get nerfed either, because I do think it fits very well into her playstyle (good for setting up command grabs).

The way I see Fortune is meant to be played is to kind of stay in that sweetspot where she can either iad j.hp/j.lk or hit with a c.lk. Kind of like they're always in position to get mixed up. The c.lk nerf just makes this worse as c.lk -> c.lk is a much weaker tool.

Bellas cr.lk is the scourge of the universe. And Bellas as well as fortunes cr.lk converting from max range easily, is still a sore issue since pw got her easy ability in vanilla to convert her cr.lk from max range, taken away. (Cr.lk,cr.mk,st.hp xx fly 6j.mk converted from everywhere before, but now the 6jmk ability to combo as taken away to nerf some pw strings as well as damage from said string)
Wait can't she still just c.lk c.mk s.hp buer?

Last edited:
I'll say it again. Cerebella's is +6 on block. I can argue back Cerebella has run cancels and can MGR or DD after a c lk. Sure Fortune's might've been the fastest but as stated before it got beat out by A LOT of things (as said before it get's beat out by Bella's c lk) If you don't believe me go to the training room and test it yourself.

Fortune's c LK is by no means as crutch as Bella's c lk so yea as stated before if you're gonna nerf one that isn't even that bad, nerf the other since yea you can get a full combo off a max range Bella c LK.

The way it was stated as for the reasonings made it seem like it was a godly move when in actuality it wasn't. Max range yea you can combo c lk into s hp but you have to Rekka and then Slide and there goes the otg which I found perfectly fine. Meanwhile Bella? With that +6 on block you can do whatever you want. The possibilities you have with Bella with her c lk were far more diverse than what you had with Fortune.

Reactions: iPlaySkullgirls
It's not even that I feel like Fortune is getting picked on per se. It's just that the c.lk is probably the most important normal in her neutral (along with j.lk, j.hp, and s.hp). I don't want Cerebella's c.lk to get nerfed either, because I do think it fits very well into her playstyle (good for setting up command grabs).

The way I see Fortune is meant to be played is to kind of stay in that sweetspot where she can either iad j.hp/j.lk or hit with a c.lk. Kind of like they're always in position to get mixed up. The c.lk nerf just makes this worse as c.lk -> c.lk is a much weaker tool.

Wait can't she still just c.lk c.mk s.hp buer?
Wiffs against certain characters at around 80% max range of cr.lk.

The fly variant into 3j.lk wiffs certain characters at around 90% max cr.lk range.
The fly variant into 6j.lk wiffs certain characters at like 98% max cr.lk range or something... It is super rare. But the conversion has to go into air super to be done anyways.

These are very annoying things that are made less annoying by them only happening occasionally. But tbqh they shouldn't happen at all.

There are also issues when converting from certain otgs at certain grounded body heights when a certain spacing is had.

What if, instead of unnerfed cr.LK, her cr.LP became a low?

Just a random thought. It does look like it should hit low.

What if, instead of unnerfed cr.LK, her cr.LP became a low?

Just a random thought. It does look like it should hit low.
can we not do this? i mean just because something looks like a low doesn't mean it should. otherwise go ahead and make pw cr.mp a low while we're at it

So is it possible to get playback of characters doing a reversal or a recorded move out of blockstun without having to time it?
One thing that the NRS games have is that they have each characters individual special attack in the training menu for say a reversal mode, so that whenever they leave blockstun, they will do the reversal on the first frame. So is it possible for you guys to individually go in and program the moves into the training menu for whatever character is on the screen? OR better yet, allow us to record the attack we want them to do on the first frame. This would include for pushblocking as well. Its hard to perfectly time recording and this so there are certain setups I would like to test on people doing a reversal on the first frame.
OH and add this for wakeups as well AKA the moment they get up off a knockdown they do a special or super or attack etc on the first frame. That would reaaally help me for training mode.

Reactions: Pickles