• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls runs a bit slower on my laptop

the_rpg_king

Maid of Justice
Reaction score
Steam
KnockDownJoe
PSN
rpgking20
Unknown Robo Fortune Double
I have my CAT8 ethernet cord and my USB to ethernet cord and I am all set for a no lag online experience, but Skullgirls runs a bit slower on my laptop. Is there any way to speed it up? Do I need to get a new laptop?

If you haven't already, try (in order):

- Check your task manager if there is anything running the background that is taking up unusually large amount of CPU or memory
- Lower resolution to lowest possible
- Changing background to 2D
- Experiment between windowed and fullscreen mode to see what works better
- Try the low-resolution background mod https://skullheart.com/threads/mod-low-resolution-x0-25-2d-backgrounds-v1-2.11691/
- Disable lighting in launch option (not highly recommended unless you must because it disables some important visual prompts during gameplay)

Thanks. Also, my laptop has an HDMI port and it's possible that I can play Steam games on my TV. It looks like I'm suddenly ready to become a Skullgirls PC player, effective when either Black Dahlia entered Beta or when she is released. We'll see.

Last edited:
Don't know what OS you use, but you could also try changing your Power Settings/Power Plan!

I have my laptop set to prioritize performance over battery conservation when it's plugged in, so Skullgirls runs significantly smoother for me when my laptop is charging, lol.

Don't know what OS you use, but you could also try changing your Power Settings/Power Plan!

I have my laptop set to prioritize performance over battery conservation when it's plugged in, so Skullgirls runs significantly smoother for me when my laptop is charging, lol.
I have an HP Laptop 15. What do you suggest for Skullgirls to run significantly smoother for me?