• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Spotlight Skullgirls: Second Encore Submitted for Vita

Fizzxwizz

lit
Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fizzxwizz
PSN
E_Mano
Ms. Fortune Unknown
Owners of the Playstation Vita, the Vita TV, and the Playstation 4 version of Skullgirls: Second Encore might be interested to find out that the Vita has been submitted to Sony and a release date will soon be available. In the meantime, Lab Zero has provided a video demonstrating the game in action in case you need to be super duper sure its really for real.

qYvxU9m.png

How many takes did it require for @render to keep a straight-ish face during the dog section, though.

can't wait for all the kids to sneakily play skullgirls in their classroom

I am rather excited to see some news on what's happening on the Vita.

Reactions: Jinzer069
Its the Vita port a Better that NeSiCa? in terms of performance @Mike_Z

I know that both have spec. limitations. just curious about it, looks like champ to me the SG port, based Lab 0

Its the Vita port a Better that NeSiCa? in terms of performance @Mike_Z
I know that both have spec. limitations. just curious about it, looks like champ to me the SG port, based Lab 0
Nesica's like at least 5x as powerful as the Vita. :^P

Reactions: Wenzel
Honestly I kinda wish I kept my vita. I wish the Vita TV used USB controllers.

I wonder if we can get replays since all platforms are getting lobbies.

I highly doubt it, although it would be a nice feature.
I thought the video said that there are replays for consoles.

I certainly hope it didn't, since I was the one that was talking...
So you're saying that you Lab Zero team confirmed that there won't be any replays on consoles?

So you're saying that you Lab Zero team confirmed that there won't be any replays on consoles?
Replays are an unsupported feature on PC currently, I just allowed people to enable the partly-done debug version of the player because why not. They still break on Peacock occasionally. They might get fixed up for consoles if there is time, we have been very nice in the past about things, but they certainly are not promised.

I actually got a tad bit curious of how long approval processes take for Sony, so I bumped into this article, based on that, SG Vita will be approved (or disapproved) in about a week's time. But then again, this article is from '08 so the time it takes may have changed.

I'm really hyped for the Vita version of SG. Sadly, there are two disadvantages for the upcoming Vita version; the loading took longer than usual and slow framerate... But that doesn't mean I'm not going to get it. I even delete some files on my Vita to make more space in my memory card. After that happens, it's off to the lobby patch! Can't wait to sink my Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax music into it!

slow framerate...

I thought that the dipping framerate was implied to only happen for big interactions, like the happy birthday BB level 3?

I thought that the dipping framerate was implied to only happen for big interactions, like the happy birthday BB level 3?
To be clear, Big Band's Lv. 3 has a disadvantage for slow framerate, yet still going on during a Happy Birthday.

I think if the slowdown happened outside of the level 3 on three characters with the 6 biggest loaded into memory Mike would've showed it.

I think if the slowdown happened outside of the level 3 on three characters with the 6 biggest loaded into memory Mike would've showed it.

You can't ever have more than 4 characters on screen at once. The slowdown is caused by Big Band + 3 characters on-screen + the excessive number of individual sprites generated by all the trumpet projectiles hitting the opponent's 2 characters.

The slow framerate and loading time demonstrations are meant to show the WORST example of what you will ever experience. They are not an average. With regard to the framerate, after demonstrating the Lv3, Mike even says "everything else hits 60 [fps]" as he does Big Band's SSJ.

In all cases EXCEPT the two demonstrated, you will have a BETTER experience than what's in the video. That's the REASON we showed those in the video.

You can't ever have more than 4 characters on screen at once. The slowdown is caused by Big Band + 3 characters on-screen + the excessive number of individual sprites generated by all the trumpet projectiles hitting the opponent's 2 characters.

The slow framerate and loading time demonstrations are meant to show the WORST example of what you will ever experience. They are not an average. With regard to the framerate, after demonstrating the Lv3, Mike even says "everything else hits 60 [fps]" as he does Big Band's SSJ.

In all cases EXCEPT the two demonstrated, you will have a BETTER experience than what's in the video. That's the REASON we showed those in the video.
Oh, yeah, that's what I meant. Mike already showed what the worst is and it's such a specific case I don't see why it's something that can be complained about.

But could skullgirls eventually be a cross platform fighting game cause that would be so cool.

But could skullgirls eventually be a cross platform fighting game cause that would be so cool.
That would be cool, but I think it would take a lot of time, effort and money. But I'm not a game dev or anything, so what do I know? @Mike_Z or @render will give you a better answer no doubt.

That would be cool, but I think it would take a lot of time, effort and money. But I'm not a game dev or anything, so what do I know? @Mike_Z or @render will give you a better answer no doubt.

Yeah I see what you mean

Man I don't even know which cross platform you're talking about.
You can already do Win vs Linux vs Mac, and PS3 vs PS4 vs (soon) Vita.

There will not be any MS-console vs Sony-console cross platform game until one of those companies is desperate, and PC-vs-Sony-consoles requires companies to write their own networking protocol and run their own servers, which we will not be doing.

Sadly, there are two disadvantages for the upcoming Vita version; the loading took longer than usual and slow framerate...
Reactions like this are why I debated making that video, because people not understanding the point.
It's ONLY BAD IN THOSE CASES. EVERYTHING ELSE IS BETTER, what you saw was the ABSOLUTE WORST.
Ah, forget it.

Not all the people! , it´s obvious you make that video cover the worst case scenario that won´t be all the time, L0 love all your transparency, please never change!

- off topic - hypothetically @Mike_Z if Autumn/ Lab0 have the resources to paid own dedicated servers for SG2, could be a possibility to get a PSN x Steam crossplataform for it? because all the SGC its the majority on it.

- off topic - hypothetically @Mike_Z if Autumn/ Lab0 have the resources to paid own dedicated servers for SG2, could be a possibility to get a PSN x Steam crossplataform for it? because all the SGC its the majority on it.
Ask again in 5 years...?

Just registered to say thanks Lab Zer0.

I bought SG on STEAM and gifted my friend SG on STEAM too. Got SkullGirls 2nd Encore on PS4(I don't have a PS4) so I can just download SG on my Vita, when it finally drops.

Really looking forward to this.

Also, I appreciate you're transparency too Mike Z, I wish more devs had the brass that you do.

How much space will the Vita DL version take up? I imagine it would be considerably smaller compared to the other versions based on common trend.

How much space will the Vita DL version take up? I imagine it would be considerably smaller compared to the other versions based on common trend.
3 GB I think.

Another Big Band fan, eh?
Not going to lie, didn't really notice brass had a musical connection until I watched some SG gameplay on YT and heard a commentator say something about brass referring to Big Band. LoL

Or maybe it was a subconscious comment? Either way, I want/need SG on my Vita.

More like six months since the PS4 release of 2nd Encore. If Sony disapproves the Vita version, we just have to face the facts.

Any word on whats going on with $ony greenlighting the Vita version?