• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Slapfest

Datagram

the Great-agram
Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
Steam
Datagram
PSN
data_enabler
Valentine Cerebella
TL;DR: Skullgirls Slapfest, every other Tuesday at 9pm ET. First one on Sept. 9th. Join us!
(Update: We now also do casuals on the off weeks)
(Update: Every week is an off week)

Steam group page

Since its founding over a year ago, Skullgirls Slapfest has grown a lot and run some pretty cool events (like the Doublesnap Open). But lately the group’s been losing a bit of steam, so we’ve decided to switch gears and start being a lot more active.

For those of you not familiar with the group:
At its core, Slapfest is lobbies + voice chat. Being able to talk with the people you’re playing against is great for getting feedback, great for teaching others, and just generally great. Read more in our FAQ.

Skullgirls Slapfest is what got me to really start leveling up my game and making friends within the community, so It’s an honor to be able to turn around and help others do the same. Come one, come all, and let’s play some Skullgirls.

Last edited:
i joined... i hope PS3 get's lobbies soon... (i bet it will after beowulf...)

Reactions: Datagram
Skullgirls Slapfest (10/7/14)
We'll be doing... uh... something. I'll figure it out.

Last edited:
Skullgirls Slapfest (9/23/14)
We'll be going back in time?

Y'know, I'm Interested in it, mostly to learn how to play the game better but, I lack the ability to reverse time, and using Aeon would make MikeZ Mad..

Oh You Datagram, You Silly Gibbon, You forgot to change the first one. I Am really interested in this though, even if I get my ass kicked every match, I'll learn something.
P.S. Wait... It's... Now... NEXT TIME THEN.

Skullgirls Slapfest (10/14/14)

Starting today (Tuesday), we're gonna officially start having casual play on the off weeks.
So basically, no more wondering "Is Slapfest this week?" because the answer is YES.

The long-winded version.

Are you sure?

Skullgirls Slapfest: Filia Edition (10/21/14)

Featuring a Filia lesson by @Pikmario!

Wanna learn how to play Filia?
Wanna learn how to play against Filia?
Then this is the lesson for you!

Reactions: Pikmario
Skullgirls Casuals: Last Minute Edition (10/28/14)

Man, do I even need to post these? You guys know what's up.

Skullgirls Slapfest (11/04/14)

Tonight we'll be playing Bellaball. Don't know what Bellaball is? WELL I GUESS YOU'LL FIND OUT.

Bellaball with netplay?

THISGONBGUD.gif

Skullgirls Slapfest (11/04/14)

Tonight we'll be playing Bellaball. Don't know what Bellaball is? WELL I GUESS YOU'LL FIND OUT.
Fuck, this sounds dumb. Count me in

Skullgirls Slapfest (11/18/14)

Tonight, we'll be doing some 3v3 team matches (players, not characters)! Probably waseda style.

Welp, nothing like joining a group to get out of the bottom of the barrel.

Skullgirls Slapfest: Casual Tuesday (12/02/14)

I'm out of town due to work stuff so it'll just be casuals, like on the off-weeks. No stream.

Skullgirls Slapfest (12/16/14)

We'll be playing a game called Block Party. You can probably guess what it involves.

Skullgirls Slapfest: Cerebella Edition (12/30/14)

Featuring a Cerebella lesson by @dekillsage!

Is Diamond Dynamo a weak reversal?
Peacocks hate him! This one simple trick will help you deal with projectiles!
These c.MK resets will change your life!
etc., etc.

Reactions: Muro and Kai
Skullgirls Slapfest (1/13/15)

Tonight, we'll be playing ye olde Skullgirls classic: Fugazi
Slapfest starts at 9pm, minigame starts at 10 (like usual).

Skullgirls Slapfest (1/27/15)

Tonight we'll be playing Tech 'n' Tag Tournament. Get ready for timeouts!

Skullgirls Slapfest: Peacock Edition (2/10/15)

Featuring a Peacock lesson by everyone's favorite protein source, @mcpeanuts!

We'll be showing you the ropes and answering all those Peacock questions you've been dying to ask, like:
  • Why can't I hold all these bombs?
  • Why does a zoner do this much damage?
  • Why is Peacock the only non-DLC character to get a taunt?
  • Wait, she actually doesn't have eyeballs?

Casuals at 9pm EST, tutorial at 10.

Skullgirls Slapfest (2/24/15)

In honor of Robo-Fortune joining the Endless Beta, we'll be playing a game called Robocopter.

Get ready to block cross-ups.

Skullgirls Slapfest (3/10/15)

It's Freaky FridayTuesday! Join us for a double feature of one of our favorite Disney classics, as well as its contemporary remake!

No, not really. It's a minigame, calm down.

Skullgirls Slapfest (3/24/15)

Tonight, we'll be playing a training game called Know Your Enemy.

Everyone has those characters that they just can't stand playing against, right? Well you know what they say; if you can't beat them, join them.
Aha this actually sounds great. I'm definitely gonna watch the archives for this one (can't watch it live cause I got other plans)

This group sounds great! Any opportunity for me to improve my skills I approve of!

An event where I'm forced to play as Peacock? Nuuuu...sounds like a ton of fun.

EDIT: Is anyone allowed to join? And you say that you guys do voice chat, is that via skype?

Reactions: Datagram
EDIT: Is anyone allowed to join? And you say that you guys do voice chat, is that via skype?

Yup, anyone can join: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skullgirlsslapfest
Let me know if you run into any issues; I've been getting reports of weird stuff happening sometimes when people try to join.

For voice chat, we use Mumble. There's more info in the FAQ.