• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Story Mode?

FiliaRage

Reaction score
Steam
Keyrin1
PSN
Kelbidrome7
XBL
BlackKnight970
Filia Ms. Fortune Big Band
Now, before I begin, I just want to say that this is not a thread asking for a Skullgirls story mode, just thoughts and theories about how it would work out. Who would the story mostly revolve around? Who's story in the current character stories would be considered the most "canon"? Feel free to leave your thoughts here, guys. And I apologize in advance if I put this in the wrong section.

Reactions: Magma442
None of the story modes in Skullgirls are "canon", although they all have elements of the canon story. There's been no indication which story modes contain more of these canon elements than others.

After Big Band's story mode came out I'm of the opinion that if some elements come in more than one story mode they are canon.

Well, I know that none of the stories are truly canon. It's kinda like Guilty Gear, where you have to piece together the characters endings and see what is canon. I'm just wondering what you guys think about the idea of it. Do you think the story mode will be like Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend's, where you selected a character and unlocked numerous endings, determining which probably happened, and then obtain the true end once you finish all the character stories?

Reactions: SmashBlade
After Big Band's story mode came out I'm of the opinion that if some elements come in more than one story mode they are canon.
The way I looked at it, everything that's happened before any story has started is canon. And on that current path, there are certain things that can't be altered because they are already on their path. Things that happen in multiple stories are likely canon, probably because there was a high chance of them just being inevitable at the point we pick the story up, but I do think some of them are still capable of being altered. Like, I think the attack on the Lab could be prevented if the right power stepped in early enough at the right place. Marie could be left to her own devices (killing all the Medici) if someone manages to kill/defeat Double and leave Marie alone.

As for a "canon" story mode, I think we either need to get a literal "canon story mode" that gives us the characters that are important and have each of them go do their thing (not all going after the skullheart), have on character that's the definitive canon, or get a sequel like Street Fighter that picks an ending and uses that as the canon while at the same time using things that happened in other story modes that are considered canon (ex: Squigly's ending, Fortune reaches same conclusion as her ending, Painwheel ends up with Lab 8 (it's 8, right?), etc).

Well, Lab Zero is a faction in SG, which is kinda funny. But yeah, that's what I was kinda hoping for. The characters that are important and what their whole thing is rather than all going after the Skullheart. I'm pretty interested about Eliza, because she can probably tie in with Filia and Squigly a lot.

i hope they dp an mk style story mode, netherrealms does the best story modes.

I'd always assume that the stories ended in "What if" scenarios.

Skullgirls has a story?

Skullgirls has a story?
Yeah, weird right? I thought it was just about cute girls,a big cyborg dude, a horrible experiment, a somewhat correct experiment, and a shapeshifting nun fighting to the death.

Reactions: Squigly Lines
Yeah, weird right? I thought it was just about cute girls,a big cyborg dude, a horrible experiment, a somewhat correct experiment, and a shapeshifting nun fighting to the death.
Well that is odd... I thought it was all about Squigly. Has my life been a lie?

Medici Tower is still standing at the end of Peacock and Cerebella's story modes. It's ripped from its foundation and tossed in a lake in Squigly and Big Band's story modes.

What now punk

Well that is odd... I thought it was all about Squigly. Has my life been a lie?
Nah, it's a pretty common mistake.

Medici Tower is still standing at the end of Peacock and Cerebella's story modes. It's ripped from its foundation and tossed in a lake in Squigly and Big Band's story modes.

What now punk

But Dr Avian dies. Two times. My suffering can't go to waste

Reactions: Denizen
Maybe they just have really efficient construction crews?

Maybe they just have really efficient construction crews?
Or maybe in the real world the stage Rooftops Assault didn't exist yet.

Once it's time, Annie will be the canon story.

I can dream, damn it!