• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls: TCG (Messing around...)

Reaction score
Ms. Fortune Double Robo Fortune
Cause I still have it on my drive and it's (sorta) a thing >w>

Cerebella_Ver1.jpg Double_Ver1.jpg Filia_Ver1.jpg Ms Fortune_Ver1.jpg Painwheel_Ver1.jpg Parasoul_Ver1.jpg Peacock_Ver1.jpg Valentine_Ver1.jpg

Reactions: Thrasher08
Ah, I remember this from the last Skullheart. Still looks interesting, and I'd still pay money for it if it was an actual card game!

Interesting stuff.

Looks great. Hoping to see Character Cards for the DLC Characters in the future.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
This looks pretty neat, but as Verdant said you might want to try and make the header text a little more readable. Maybe add a darker outline?

Oh man, I would love to play this.
My only contributation would be swap out 'feline' for 'feral' since that's what Fortune is.

Some terms I was thinking about:

Playing Field = "Stage" or "Set"
Deck = "Script"
Graveyard = "Dead Pool" or "Cutting Room"
Shuffling = "Re-write"
Searching = "Edit"

Phases:
Standby Phase = "Places!"
Main Phase = "Slating"
Battle Phase = "Action!"
Main Phase 2 = "Re-Slate"
End Phase = "Take 5."

Reactions: Viro Veteruscy
Please tell me this is still a thing. Because I love it so much.

Deck = "Script"
Shuffling = "Re-write"
Searching = "Edit"
Phases:
Main Phase = "Slating"
Battle Phase = "Action!"
End Phase = "Take 5."

Now I really, REALLY want this to be a thing.

Please tell me this is still a thing. Because I love it so much.

Now I really, REALLY want this to be a thing.
Ah yes, that reminds me, I'll update this weekend X3

YESH! X3

Have you ever thought of presenting this idea to Mike Z or Lab Zero? Because if not, you should at least think about it; this pretty cool!

YESH! X3

Have you ever thought of presenting this idea to Mike Z or Lab Zero? Because if not, you should at least think about it; this pretty cool!
Nah, if anything, I'd try with Eighty Sixed but not on my mind atm. But if they ever decided to want to do something like that they can use my templates if they ask for them X3

Last edited:
If it ever crosses your mind, do it! :)

Deck = "Script"
Shuffling = "Re-write"
Searching = "Edit"
Phases:
Main Phase = "Slating"
Battle Phase = "Action!"
End Phase = "Take 5."

Cards could be divided into "Cast" and "Scenes" to go along with this. Also, perhaps a win could be a "Blockbuster", or something that keeps up with the "film" theme.

Here are some new cards, using the suggested text for some. Need to make the rules again some time when I get the chance >w< Enjoy X3

Squigly_Ver1.jpg To All My Fans.jpg No Touching.jpg

Last edited:
More Squigly Series cards. I'll be working on rules later in the day >w<

Skull Selene.jpg Rooftop Night.jpg Zombie.jpg Bloody Leviathan.jpg

Last edited:
Encore and cast are used really oddly. I mean you can just replace Encore with like Cue or something. I dunno what to replace cast with since it's movie themed, maybe ensemble or something.

These are very neat. At first I thought these were the original size but you can just click on them ...oops.

Encore and cast are used really oddly. I mean you can just replace Encore with like Cue or something. I dunno what to replace cast with since it's movie themed, maybe ensemble or something.

These are very neat. At first I thought these were the original size but you can just click on them ...oops.
Encore is basically playing the cards without cost and Cast is in place of saying "Character Cards". I'll be re-writing the older cards to have these terms

Encore is basically playing the cards without cost and Cast is in place of saying "Character Cards". I'll be re-writing the older cards to have these terms

May I recommend another term, then? Instead of "Exiled", use "Cut"; like, card in question is "cut" from the film or production?

RULES

Aaaand here is what I have for rules so far. Yeah I'm probably missing an F-ton of things but this is what came to mind (using another game I made for a web comic as a base). Most of these will be re-applied to the older cards as well as the new color changes so that every card doesn't look so similar. But I'll fix those later... tired of typing -w- #lazydog
Terms and meanings:
Stage = Playing Field for the characters and other effect cards.
Script = Deck where players draw their cards from.
Dead Pool = The discard pile when cards are defeated or used up.
Dropped = Exiled/Banished, cards in this stack cannot be used unless otherwise stated from card effects.
Re-write = Shuffling your Deck (Script).
Edit = Searching through your deck.
Meter Gauge = A pool of Meter used to play characters and effect cards by paying their Cost.
Heath = Your life points (usually starting at 200 but this can be debated and agreed upon by players).
Cut = when a card is destroyed from the Stage and sent to the Dead Pool.
Player Picked = Playing a card normally, paying it's Cost.
Encore = Playing a card without paying the Cost.

Phases/Steps: Turns are run in this order as each player rotates.
1) Draw = Draw a card from your Script.
2) Places! = Standby Phase, various effects may trigger during this step. Meter cards Untap during this phase.
3) Slating = Main Phase 1, during this step is were you play your character cards and effect cards. Preparing yourself for an attack or strategic defense. During this step you while determine whether or not to play Cast in Offense or Defense positions and whether or not to play Scene or Meter cards.
4) Action! = Battle Phase, during this phase is where characters can attack or use their Blockbusters.
-Target: Select a Cast to attack with and a Cast your opponent controls to attack (cannot attack your own Cast unless an effect allows you to).
--Damage: *See below on how to calculate Damage* Attacking card vs. Defending card.
---Result: Whether or not the battled cards are Cut from the Stage.
**Cast can only attack once per turn. Blockbusters can be used more than once**
5) Re-Slate = Main Phase 2, the same as Slating/Main Phase 1
6) Take 5. = End Phase, the end of your turn. Some cards trigger during this time.

Cast Cards:
Squigly_Ver1.jpg
Cast = (Brown Cards) Character cards having Offense and Defense. These cards usually have special effects to use during battle.
-Offense = The card's attack power which helps it deal damage to your opponent's Heath. These cards are placed vertically.
--Defense = The card's defense power that protects you from your opponent's attacks. These cards are placed horizontally.
**Cast battle positions can only be switched once per turn and cannot be changed unless by a card effect.**
---Class = The type of the character. This is usually specific to strategies geared towards a theme.
----Style = Many cards will use Styles as a attribute of various universal cards.
-----Icon = (Top left Corner) Every card (except "Meter" Scene cards) has an icon. Usually used when searching cards are used.
------Cost = (Top right corner) All cards (except "Meter" Scene cards) have a cost that uses up your Meter Gauge. Cards range from 0 or higher in order to use. Blockbusters also use Meter.
-------Blockbuster = (Text Below Class, Style, Offense, and Defense) The Special Attack(s) all character cards have. Most deal damage to characters or players.

Skullgirls = (Blue Cards) Special condition cards that require the "Skull Heart" card.
Skull Selene.jpg

Damage:
Offense vs. Offense: When both Cast that fight are this position, this is what determines the winner based on their points.
-Winning, Offense > Offense: The lesser of the two is cut and sent to the Dead Pool, the owner of the defeated character loses Heath equal to the difference between their Offense points.
--Tie, Offense = Offense: When both Cast fight and their points are the same, both are cut and sent to the Dead Pool. No damage is given to their owners.
---Losing, Offense < Offense: same rules apply from "Winning" though it will be the attacker that loses Heath and their Cast.

Offense vs. Defense: When one Offensive Cast is attacking a Defensive cast based on their points.
-Winning, Offense > Defense: The lesser is cut and sent to the Dead Pool, no damage is dealt to the owner of the losing card.
--Tie, Offense = Defense: Nothing happens.
---Losing, Offense < Defense: The lesser is not cut however it's owner loses Heath equal to the difference between Offense and Defense.

Blockbuster Damage: (Blockbusters having a number on the right side of their text indicating that they can deal damage along with their effects) Same damage rules apply but with added effects.
-Chip = Applying the "Offense > Defense" rule however the difference between the Offense and Defense is dealt to the cut card's owner's Health.
--Unscaled = A Cast able to ignore other Cast cards in play and attack a player's Health Bar directly as if they were a character with an Offense of 0 (this does not count the player as a Cast card).

Scene Cards:
Best Friends Forever.jpg A Memory of Nobody.jpg Built-In Cushion.jpg Last Hope.jpg
Scenes = (Yellow cards) Special effect cards that can alter the rules of the game. Ranging from destroying cards to having stronger cards becoming usable.
-Control Icons = (above effect text) these icons are used in various card effects. Mostly they are simply there for searching (Neutral, LP, MP, HP, etc.) however there are some to be noted that stand out: Stage Change, Permanent, Counter and Equip
--Permanent = (Purple "∞" Control Icon) effects can vary but is only active as long as the card is in play.
---Haste = (Orange "H" Control Icon) These can be used from the hand during either player's turns.
----Counter = (Blue "C" Control Icon) these types of cards usually are specific to countering a select type of card used (Zombie, Trap, Lab, etc.) or situation and are played from the hand at any point they are able. They can only be countered by another Counter card or cards specially able to negate Counter cards or prevent them from being used.
-----Equip = (Black "+" Control Icon) these cards attach to character cards (usually) and give them added effects.

Stage Change = (Green Cards with Green "S" Control Icon) effects the whole playing field for both players. Only one can be in play at a time and any new Stage Change cards used will destroy the old one.
Rooftop Night.jpg

Tokens = (Grey Cards) Some cards will be able to have tokens being played. Anything can be used as a token as long as it can change from offense to defense positions.
Zombie.jpg

Meter Cards = (Red Cards) These cards do not have Icons or a Cost, thus they are slightly harder to search for. However, all Meter cards will have the name "Meter" or cards that classify them as "Meter" for other effects and uses. These cards are,when played, placed away from normal Scene cards to help keep track and stay in play unless destroyed by card effects. In order to gain Meter you must "tap" the number of Meter cards you plan to use and must wait until your next "Places!" to untap them to reuse.
**Only 1 Meter card can be played per turn unless otherwise stated***
-Tap/Untap = Turning the Meter card sideways indicating that it's being used to gain Meter in order to play other cards. Any unused Meter after tapping is burned and disappears during your "Take 5".
Meter1.jpg Meaty Core.jpg

Like I said, I'll be redoing all of them due to the new ideas and such and I'll also update the rules if needed,but at least now here's something to go off of for now... *sleeps* -w-

Last edited:
Um it might just be me, but that bloody leviathan card, that's not leviathan lol. I do believe that's one of Venus's tentacles.. I might be wrong.

Um it might just be me, but that bloody leviathan card, that's not leviathan lol. I do believe that's one of Venus's tentacles.. I might be wrong.
You are wrong

No it's Leviathan, yo.

No it's Leviathan, yo.

Really? Man he was ugly. Was it ever explained why he went from an ugly creature to what ever the fuck he is now lol

I haven't kept up with lore.

If I remember correctly, he was covered in bloody because he was inside of Squigly's dad's body when the Medicis attacked. He released Leviathan from inside of his body to protect Squigly.

Felined is a bad pun of "Blind" so basically it's "Blind Rage"... I know bad joke >w<
No, I mean in Fortune's character card. This has been bugging me for a while since Feral is a catch all to animal people (Minus Dagonians) for a while now, plus it would be nice to have a cleaner categorization.

Feral
Lab
Human
Trinity
Skullgirl

And since maybe, since Val's classed as a Lab/Human, maybe have Parasites/Living Weapons as a catagory too?

No, I mean in Fortune's character card. This has been bugging me for a while since Feral is a catch all to animal people (Minus Dagonians) for a while now, plus it would be nice to have a cleaner categorization.

Feral
Lab
Human
Trinity
Skullgirl

And since maybe, since Val's classed as a Lab/Human, maybe have Parasites/Living Weapons as a catagory too?
Ah, yeah can do that. And I already had plans to make Parasite and Weapons as Classes too