• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls to feature at Anime Expo 2015 + Exciting Reveal!

Flotilla

Reaction score
Big Band Big Band Big Band
sky_banner.jpg

For those who enjoyed Skullgirls' Anime Expo 2014 Panel, you're in luck: Lab Zero Games is returning to Anime Expo once more!

As quoted from Anime Expo's website:
Anime Expo said:
Meet with Lab Zero Games, the team responsible for the critically-acclaimed Skullgirls Encore, which has been adding new characters and features since its wildly successful Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. Listen to stories about Skullgirls' eventful development and find out what it's like to bring a 2D, hand-animated fighting game to the latest consoles.

Stick around for an exciting reveal!

Like their prior Anime Expo panels, Lab Zero Games' panel at AX 2015 will be comprised of stories, recent news and developments, and Q&A, all hosted by the developers who created Skullgirls. Now's your chance to say hi!

Unlike other AX panels, attendees can expect to be part of an exciting reveal. What does that entail? Show up to find out!

Lab Zero Games will host their panel on July 2 from 7:15pm-8:45pm. Register here for your ticket! Online registration goes up in price after July 1st, so act fast.

UPDATE: Lab Zero Games have announced a new game project called Indivisible.

Indivisible is a new action/RPG IP, starring Ajna (AHZH-na), a girl who sets out on a globe-spanning journey to discover the truth behind her mysterious powers. On her quest she’ll be joined by a variety of unique heroes and gain new abilities to traverse the environments and defeat the enemies they’ll encounter along the way.

Indivisible is inspired by classics like Valkyrie Profile and Super Metroid, but with the unique characters and gameplay depth Lab Zero is known for. In addition to a fresh spin on action/RPG gameplay, Indivisible features a deep storyline inspired by southeast Asian and other world mythologies, Lab Zero’s trademark feature-quality 2D hand-drawn animation, and a lush soundtrack from legendary Secret of Mana composer Hiroki Kikuta.

Lab Zero will soon be seeking crowdfunding via Indiegogo to make Indivisible a reality. Stay tuned for more info on that!

Last edited:
Can't go to the event, but I'll probably be keeping an eye out for the panel to be posted on YouTube afterwards. Any word on who's actually going to be there?

Also, I'm gonna say that the reveal has to do with 2nd Encore, since the release will likely be just around the river-bend corner at that point. Maybe news about 2nd Encore stuff for PC? Or Mac/Linux port? The only other thing I can think of is something related to post-2E plans, but it seems too soon for them to be talking about that.

Maybe it'll be that non-SG related L0 news that was hinted a few Salty streams back...

All the chars become available.

Fully ilustrated story modes with different paths for each character.

Stages and musics for every new character.

Core gameplay is 100% balanced both for expert level and newbie level.

Guilty Gear, Madoka Magica and Guts (Berserk) as guest chars.

For all systems.

Maybe it'll be that non-SG related L0 news that was hinted a few Salty streams back...
Wasn't that about MKX using the L0 stick driver?

That's some good news. Can wait to see the what the exciting reveal is all about.

View attachment 10366

For those who enjoyed Skullgirls' Anime Expo 2014 Panel, you're in luck: Lab Zero Games is returning to Anime Expo once more!

As quoted from Anime Expo's website:

Like their prior Anime Expo panels, Lab Zero Games' panel at AX 2015 will be comprised of stories, recent news and developments, and Q&A, all hosted by the developers who created Skullgirls. Now's your chance to say hi!

Unlike other AX panels, attendees can expect to be part of an exciting reveal. What does that entail? Show up to find out!

Lab Zero Games will host their panel on July 2 from 7:15pm-8:45pm. Register here for your ticket! Online registration goes up in price after July 1st, so act fast.
I can already hear DDB saying,"ANNIE WILL FINALLY OVERWHELM US ALL!!!!"

Any chance of the panel getting streamed?

It might not even be SG related since in earlier posts it's implied they found work doing something else after SG development wraps up which is pretty much right now besides the ports.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Whether or not it's SG related I'm still excited for LZ news.

@Ravidrath is this related to what you've been teasing lately?

Whether or not it's SG related I'm still excited for LZ news.

@Ravidrath is this related to what you've been teasing lately?

What have they been teasing?

He's been making comments about the funding for the PS4/Vita port having a special, "interesting" reason for why it is happening, he's mentioned there is "another factor" in if the new content is making it to PC and I don't know if it was him but the Twitter account talked about the Linux/Mac versions being made by someone they can't tell us about but we'll "understand why when it's revealed". He also mentioned on a stream that there will be some Skullgirls news this year and that we will get more Skullgirls but "not in a way anyone expects".

There is also the work Lab Zero has lined up that seems not to be Skullgirls related.

Reactions: Denizen
Capcom was throwing even their bigger IPs to no name western companies until working with Ninja Theory turned them off of it. I really wish they through out Vampire to Lab Zero, Mike sure as hell knows the game enough to take a good crack at the sequel and Alex's art would be gorgeous, not to mention the animation and so on. Plus, let's be honest, Capcom partly doesn't want to do it for budgetary reasons and Lab Zero have proved more than capable of squeezing blood from a stone. Not saying they should get screwed on pay again, just saying it wouldn't need to be SFIV in budget.

Last edited:
Maybe its a skullgirls themed dating sim!!!

He also mentioned on a stream that there will be some Skullgirls news this year and that we will get more Skullgirls but "not in a way anyone expects".

Then it means that would not be new characters/content, a sequel or a comic book. Maybe a completely different game?

I also have the feeling that they have another project non-related to Skullgirls, anything is possible.

The wait is going to be really long...

Ooh, this is interesting news. I wont be there in person, but I'm hoping everyone has fun and like others have said, I hope the surprising news is L0 getting new project(s) to work on. With the recent good news tied to 2nd Encore, this would be a grand cherry on top.

Reactions: SkullMan and Wenzel
Introducing Skrullgirls, the official Marvel-licensed dating sim where everyone's a clone alien spy!

I hope the exciting reveal will not be Skullgirls but will also not be upset if it is