• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Audio Skullgirls VA Cast

I wish Joshua Tomar can voice Samson/Shamone if Del Stetson can't participate in the 2nd Encore. I've listened to Tomamoto's voice work of Trundle, and I really like it, and I think he could fit as Samson. I'm glad that Skullgirls chose Cassandra Lee Morris as Minette, because she's an amazing voice actor in my opinion. She is underrated, and she does great as Nami in League of Legends. But I wish this game could add great voice actors like Dee Bradley Baker, Scott McNeil, Phil LaMarr, John DiMaggio, and/or Fred Tatasciore as well.

Last edited:
Patrick Seitz has always voiced Samson, under the pseudonym "Del Stetson".
i FUCKING KNEW IT
since DAY ONE I had been speculating this shit

Hm, It certainly said it was Cristina before, they must've changed it. Thanks for the tip, regardless

I just looked at the credits and apparently the Penguin Ref is played by Christopher Corey Smith (same voice as Albus).

Speaking of credits, how come the DLC voices are near the start of the credit role while the original cast is at the end? You would think all the actors/actresses would be grouped together.

I imagine as not all of the people from vanilla's production are the same as Encore/2nd Encore's production, so they keep them separate or something like that.

TechPowah said:
Christine Marie Cabanos - Filia, Fukua, Avery
Patrick Seitz - Samson
Sarah Williams - Peacock
Erin Fitzgerald - Parasoul, Hive, Selene Contiello
Kimlinh Tran - Ms. Fortune, Robo-Fortune
Danielle McRae - Painwheel
Laura Post - Valentine, Illeum
Charlotte Ann - Double, "Sister Agatha"
Lauren Landa - Squigly, Venus
Liam O’Brien - Leviathan, Avian
Rich Brown - Big Band
Michelle Ruff - Eliza
Wendee Lee - Sekhmet, Mrs. Victoria, Black Dahlia
Kaiji Tang - Brain Drain, Yu-Wan, Andy, Lawrence, Grendel
"Mike Z" Zaimont - Tommy, Lorenzo
Lol when I saw this I squealed when I saw this! A bit sad that Samson's original VA won't be here but Patrick Seitz did an AMAZING job as Ira Gamagori in Kill LA Kill so I'm kinda expecting 101 flavors of awesome when he plays Samson.

Patrick Seitz has always voiced Samson, just under a pseudonym.

Thank You, now I expect 3047 flavors of outright beauty from Patrick Seitz

I can't read moonrunes, but are the in-fight voices getting dubbed, or just story mode?

So Arc System Works is publishing Skullgirls 2nd Encore on PS4 and PS Vita in Japan.
With full Japanese voices added.

Filia will be played by Ayana Taketatsu.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/06085287.html

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......sorry I just weebed out a bit since the voice actress also voiced Azusa from K-ON, and Kirino from My little sister can't be this cute. Double waifu power!

Only Tangentially related, but will Filia's page on the official game site switch "Del Stetson" over to Patrick proper?

Added a section for the Japanese dub in OP, will fill it out with names as they come in.

Only Tangentially related, but will Filia's page on the official game site switch "Del Stetson" over to Patrick proper?

You take up pseudonyms to not be credited by your original name, which Patrick may have had any number of reasons to do. It'd be a little disrespectful to go against the VA's wishes.

I guess I don't know enough of these things, I assumed since Patrick already revealed he was Samson all along, he'd be OK with being listed.

Sorry for what is technically a double post, but does anyone know who voiced Isaac? He's the one character unaccounted for in the official cast list

does anyone know who voiced Isaac?
To my ears, he sounds like the same guy who voiced Stanley. At the end of Robo-Fortune's story mode, Isaac has a line and then directly after is a Stanley line and it sounds like the same actor.

Christopher Corey Smith - Horace, Adam, Stanley (Isaac, probably)

If Umbrella is ever playable she's got to be Cassandra.. I need me some more "Mgrgr."

The only name that didn't get me all excited was Emily Neves... she kinda ruined Ryuko for me. Way WAY too edgey for me... Haven't heard Annie yet, but I expect something similar given how Annie acts.

Patrick Seitz can do no wrong in my eyes, save for his underwelming (in my humble opinionated opinion) Captain Bluddflagg is the freaking coolest!!!!

Bit of a range of actors, you got everything from youtube stars, to programmers, to fans, to new faces to funimation old gaurds. Quality is consistently good though. Tomar really needs to be SOMEONE playable though. He's a big part of Skullgirls in my eyes.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
The only name that didn't get me all excited was Emily Neves... she kinda ruined Ryuko for me. Way WAY too edgey for me... Haven't heard Annie yet, but I expect something similar given how Annie acts.

You mean Erica Mendez (though it would be awesome if Skullgirls's voices were done by Okratron 5000 (hope they can do that with Indivisible)).

You mean Erica Mendez (though it would be awesome if Skullgirls's voices were done by Okratron 5000 (hope they can do that with Indivisible)).
Do you know while I was typing that comments I was thinking to myself "Be careful you don't want to swap Emily Neves and Erica Mendez names again like you always do." But I did it again anyway. It's a problem.
I do like Emily Neves though, she's one of the only Sentai Filmworks alumni with any talent, although I think their actors can do great work when working with FUNimation and other, better, voice studios. (Cristina Vee really is an excellent voice director by the way)

I think I sound like a jerk a bit in this thread, too much criticism. Sorry about that, I'm not normally like that I swear.

I am excited for the Japanese voices. I swear I'm not the type of total weeb who thinks it'll be better than the original, but that being said I am the type of guy who prefers his anime undubbed. I think the originals will always be better but it's fun to check out the remakes and re imaginings for fun. I've played Borderlands 2 in English, French and Japanese and it's a stitch each time, but the casting and acting is easily the best in the original. I'd say the highlights of any dub, such a Borderlands, is when the new voice sounds like the original voice just speaking a new language, Wataru Takagi does such a good Claptrap (which is made easier by using the same voice filter)

So sorry for the tangent.

More of the Japanese voice cast announced.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/133/1133870/

Cerebella: Toa Yukinari
Parasoul: Rie Tanaka
Peacock: Tomoka Kaneda
Ms. Fortune: Kana Hanazawa
Double: Mitsuki Nakae
Painwheel: Izumi Kitta
Valentine: Asami Imai
Squigly: Miyuki Sawashiro
Leviathan: Itaru Yamamoto
Big Band: Tomokazu Sugita
Eliza: Chie Matsuura
Sekhmet: Kujira
Marie: Nao Touyama

Last edited:
More of the Japanese voice cast announced.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/133/1133870/

With works done by the voice actors

• Filia – Ayana Taketatsu (Persona 4 Arena’s Labrys, Sword Art Online’s Leafa)
  • Cerebella – Toa Yukinari (BlazBlue’s Bullet)
  • Parasol – Tanaka Rie (Marvel vs. Capcom 3’s Morrigan, Persona 4 Arena’s Mitsuru Kirijo)
  • Peacock – Kaneda Tomoko (One Piece’s Boa Sandersonia, Bleach’s Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck)
  • Ms. Fortune – Hanazawa Kana (Persona 4’s Marie, Daemon Bride’s Nina Sumeragi)
  • Double – Mitsuki Nakae (Fire Emblem if’s Kinu)
  • Painwheel – Kitta Izumi (WataMote’s Tomoko Kuroki)
  • Valentine – Imai Asami (BlazBlue’s Tsubaki Yayoi)
  • Squigly – Sawashiro Miyuki (BlazBlue’s Carl Clover, Persona 4 Arena’s Elizabeth)
  • Big Band – Sugita Tomokazu (BlazBlue’s Ragna, Guilty Gear’s That Man)
  • Eliza – Chie Matsuura (BlazBlue’s Kokonoe)
  • Marie – Touyama Nao (Under Night In-Birth’s Vatista)
Sawce:

http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/07/sku...ing-to-japan-in-january-voice-cast-announced/

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Dang it now I just want to get a Japanese ps4 so I can have the Japanese voices... sigh... oh well.

You don't need a Japanese PS4. Just a Japanese copy of the game which is quite easy to obtain since region free.

You don't need a Japanese PS4. Just a Japanese copy of the game which is quite easy to obtain since region free.
oh really? oh then I'mma get it now. Byeeeeeeeee.

Look we can see Beowulf's voice actor!... Too bad the image quality is crud. I can't distinguish two of the melted kanji:
[?][?]

Also, it's funny how they list Fukua as a mystery (CV: ???). I mean, Kana Hanazawa is both Fortunes, like Kimlinh Tran does for the English version, but Fukua is a secret. Like she might not be Ayana Taketatsu (Filia).

Last edited:
Jotaro.
which means:
小野大輔
Daisuke Ono

edit: o right someone in the news thread said it already, ha

Last edited:
I thought Val sounded weird at first too, but then I remembered she's kind of a bad guy and sometimes makes that weird face where she bites down on her mask, so maybe she was just playing up the crazy voice.
Everyone else sounded awesome. Izumi, Chie and Daisuke sounded especially on point.

Call me a weeb (but I ain't) but I always prefer originals. Every played Borderlands 2 in French? It's fun and funny, but not as good as the original performances. Same for anime in English (for me), fun but not as well cast or written or preformed. Same goes for Japanese Skullgirls. I am excited to mess around with it, it'll be funny as hell and occasionally badass.
But I'm not about to start playing it in Japanese ALL THE TIME.
Not when I got Erin, Christine, Sarah, Christina, Rich and the rest of this game's awesome original cast.