• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

So the SkullHeart

Maximum124

An actual pigeon
Reaction score
Steam
Maximum124
Valentine Ms. Fortune Painwheel
Hi there, Im pretty new to the entire skullgirls thing, but upon doing a lot of reading I'm fully engulfed in the story

Now I have a few questions about the skull heart, first is there an age limit? Girl in the name implies that only young women are chosen or preferred, although there have been adults corrupted by the skull heart but its never been anyone...too old? Was there a grandma skullgirl ever? Since the Skullgirl becomes undead Im guessing someone closer to death would deteriorate faster?

Secondly, what about people who aren't male? Is it specifically for females or is it just anyone not male including non binary people etc.? And then that brings up genderfluid people too, can they only be a skullgirl half the time? Or are they not even eligible??

Is it gender or sex based?

I don't think there's an age limit. In Parasoul's story Umbrella was in danger of becoming the Skullgirl. As for gender, I forgot why it is specific to females. Perhaps cause we're a clusterfuck of emotions and menstruation? :U

There is no age limit and it is sex based.
As for gender, I forgot why it is specific to females.
That hasn't been revealed to us yet, you just have to wait for the canon story.

Ah. No wonder I don't remember. lol

There is no age limit and it is sex based.

So non-binary people and trans guys can become skull girls too as long as they have the bits?

Trans men don't identify as women so I would assume not.

We do not actually know the answer to that question regarding non-binary and trans characters.

So its based on gender not sex? Or do we just not know either way?

So non-binary people and trans guys can become skull girls too as long as they have the bits?
Kind of depends on why the skullheart specifically needs women. Going off the most likely reasoning they would probably have to be able to bear children. Nothing is known for sure, though, of course.

Reactions: Denizen
In this case you need to be scientific about it. It doesn't matter what you identify as or how much surgery you've had, what matters is what you actually are. There are males and females and the Skull Heart only accepts females.
This is a story so it's going to be kept that simple.
Like Horseman said, it may have something to do with the fact that only actual women can bear children.

Reactions: Apotheosis