• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Souls Series and Bloodborne

So I recently started playing through Demon's Souls again and I must say that I prefer it to the other games in the series. Turns out that there are still people playing it too, I got invaded several times and even got to summon a few others as well.
I had forgotten how difficult the Maneater bosses are though! Good Lord, that was intense.

Umbasa.

I'm just going to throw this over here....
I'm making a Dark Souls 2 skin mod for the leather armor, I'm stuggling to get the moonlight greatsword to make the ultimate Annie build.
This is the result of 1 hour of reseaching on how to mod dark souls 2, as you see... the results are looking wierd, I'm still searching for the other textures and making some adjustments, this is just a prototype.
zVvJyr9.jpg
6KaMmhU.jpg
Edit: New version I'm working on
M0tsFLC.jpg
j8ZfBfH.jpg

NfhNmEb.jpg

Last edited:
I play Dark Souls II on the PS3, 'cause my PC sucks.
I kinda enjoy it, especially because I am the first, in my "gaming friend group", who's trying this game.
I beated the first 4 bosses and, yeah, don't want to stop.

I play Dark Souls II on the PS3, 'cause my PC sucks.
I kinda enjoy it, especially because I am the first, in my "gaming friend group", who's trying this game.
I beated the first 4 bosses and, yeah, don't want to stop.

I was playing DS1 when I introduced the game to my friends... one week later I wasn't even at the half piont of the game and two of my friends already had beaten the new game+, they obsessed over the first game.

I'm kinda jealous. The 90% of my friends are casual gamers, and they don't like DS because the difficulty. Sigh.
The remaining 10% are normal players and they like DS ... Betther than nothing.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
I'm trying to finish Dark Souls on PC before playing DS II. I'm fighting against the Bed of Chaos....and this guy is a real motherf*cking pain in the ass ! He keeps making fall of the ledge and he always deviate me when I try to jump on the tree that goes to him !
I tried to beat him 10 times already....

Yeah we got more people in the thread!

My main weapon is a Claymore which is working fairly well for me. It has wide arcing swings, a heavy thrust attack, and it's very long for a Greatsword.
I think it's the best GS in the game. Not very heavy, swings can stun-lock any humanoid enemies to death (all you need is stamina to keep swinging), thrust is great for punishing whiffs. It's been my favorite toy with my melee build. Sometimes plain and simple is the best choice.
I do keep seeing Greatsword (weird how a UGS is plainly named GS) be praised for its utility and condemned for its cheapness.

Demon's Souls.
I never played the game but just recently got the OST. It's remarkably good. Never heard of the composer before though.

I'm making a Dark Souls 2 skin mod for the leather armor, I'm struggling to get the moonlight greatsword to make the ultimate Annie
That's neat. A shame the character creator is so limited. Everyone's pretty much got the same build that stays in that awkward point where a character with light clothing still looks stuffy (them volleyball player shoulders) but still small enough to look ridiculous with boss gear. I'm sorry but there's no point to Velstadt's armor if our character can't be that size. But I digress...
Anyway, I don't know how far you are into the game but you can get the necessary soul by "asceting" The Duke's Dear Freja. No need to go into NG+.

I'm fighting against the Bed of Chaos....and this guy is a real motherf*cking pain in the ass ! He keeps making fall of the ledge and he always deviate me when I try to jump on the tree that goes to him !
She. Bed of Chaos' a lady. Well, was.
Anyway, best tip I can give is starting with the left side. It's a LOT easier in terms of managing the crumbling floors. Shield up and prudence required, especially when you have to do the last part. God knows how many times I got swatted into a hole at the last second. >:(
Worst part of the fight IMHO is having to reach it and go through that goddamned Titanite Demon over and over again.

Reactions: Denizen
@Balder
I know it's possible to get the soul item in the normal game.. the thing is, I don't think a normal game character can beat a boss from NG+, if I burn the bonfire ascetics it has the potential to ruin my possibilities to get that item (as the bonfire will be permanently two levels up from the actual game difficulty).

I beat all four "asceted" Old Ones at SL70. Not saying this to brag (because I suck at this game) or question your skill but that, in terms of Dark Souls difficulty, it's not much of a challenge. Also, in case of retries, it's fairly simple to rush the boss gate and only have to fight 3 or 4 spiders in the last stretch.
Here's the thing - NG or NG+, there's a very high chance that Freja will kill you in two hits, so it doesn't make much of a difference. For the most part leg stab will OHKO and everything else will take about 2/3 of your HP; the hard part is finding a second to sip that Sunny D before a spider finishes the job. But again, this also happens in NG.
Freja is essentially a very hard tutorial on circling and awareness. You need to be aware of where every little spider is and read her body movement so you can tell if she's going for laser or leg stab or whatever.
Only the spiders are a issue and if you summon the AI NPC, he takes care of them for you. You can even get lucky and find a Sunbro willing to help you out.

I'm going to assume Annie is your current build and it's a STR/INT one. I'd suggest ranged attacks to kill any stray spiders (the AI phantom is really good at taking care of them) and go up close and personal for Freja - best moment for this is when you see her charging the laser, remove lock-on and run up to the other head and get a couple of swings. Rinse and repeat.

EDIT: side note, I'm more and more convinced by the theory that the Duke of Tseldora is a reincarnation of Seath, even if partial. Lotsa things adding up, namely Tark's statement of how he went mad over something he lacked, a aspect that is very prominent in Seath's backstory.

Last edited:
All those things.. I had to learn them on my first playthough on the xbox by the hard way!
I think it's very likely to be a hard/annoying boosfight, specially because all the little spiders; the A.I summon is esencial to achieve victory, I suppose I can try when I'm at that point of the game, my current build it's actually faith and int, I'll save the strenght fo when I have the propper weapon...Also I'm currently at Iron Keep and just started going through the scorpioness area.

Another weapon I wanted to try to make a skin of is the Old Knight Greatsword, it actually has the right shape of the Annie's sword, the only problem: I can't seem to get it, farming the old knights never pays off with this weapon, I used coins to raise my luck, I use armor to get my item discovery higher but nope.. they refuse to give it to me.

All those things.. I had to learn them on my first playthough on the xbox by the hard way!
I think it's very likely to be a hard/annoying boosfight, specially because all the little spiders; the A.I summon is esencial to achieve victory, I suppose I can try when I'm at that point of the game, my current build it's actually faith and int, I'll save the strenght fo when I have the propper weapon...Also I'm currently at Iron Keep and just started going through the scorpioness area.

Another weapon I wanted to try to make a skin of is the Old Knight Greatsword, it actually has the right shape of the Annie's sword, the only problem: I can't seem to get it, farming the old knights never pays off with this weapon, I used coins to raise my luck, I use armor to get my item discovery higher but nope.. they refuse to give it to me.
Don't even use rusted coins when farming for things. Just wear prisoner's head and chest, and gold serpent ring. I get items to drop much more quickly wearing only those, as opposed to wearing those and using a coin. And if you're int/faith build definitely talk to the guy in huntsman copse for the sunset staff. Hexes are really good since the last time I played, but they might have updated the game since then.

FTH/INT? That means you can hex! Pick Resonant Soul and Great Resonant Soul and fraud your way through. One will one-shot any spiders, even if you're at NG++. Seriously, you got this.

And yeah farming can be frustrating now, especially with the respawn limit. Gwyn knows the crap I go through in Amana...trying to farm Twinkling Titanite and what I get is enough Archdrake set pieces to clothe my own army. :/
As suitable alternatives, I'd recommend the Bluemoon Greatsword (Benhart quest reward or drop) or Crypt Blacksword (NG+ Rotten soul) as both have a similar thick blade:
Bluemoon_Greatsword.png
Crypt_Blacksword.png

If you're interested in Crypt UGS, the Rotten's bonfire is RIGHT NEXT to the fog gate. Very convenient for ascetic use.

EDIT: about legwear, I think the options are VERY limited. IIRC, the only bare legs piece of equipment is from the Black Witch set which is underwear + heels (as the body piece is a large dress).

Yup.. That's the exact reason I'm currently using FTH+INT, later on I'll use a soul vessel to focus on the real build.
I suppose I could use the bluemoon greatsword for reference for the textures.
For now.. I'll keep farming this one:
Old_Knight_Ultra_Greatsword.png

Yup.. That's the exact reason I'm currently using FTH+INT, later on I'll use a soul vessel to focus on the real build.
What's your current SL and what system do you play on?

What's your current SL and what system do you play on?

SL 79, PC but I'm about to finish the game on xbox.

I play on xbox only, so if you need any help with ascetic'd or NG+ bosses let me know. My build is a boss crusher SL 150. Gamertag is: s boo11

thank you for the support!
My Xbox character is SL 155, and I just entered undead crypt.

thank you for the support!
My Xbox character is SL 155, and I just entered undead crypt.
No problem, I know how much a pain in the butt this game can be sometimes so I like helping people out. You should stop leveling also, you don't want to be pushed out of the range of summoning.

Members of the Star covenant are very busy.. you know taking out the scum of the universe and all that.

DDB admires your efforts, and any further advancements in the Dark Souls of Annie of the Stars.

This officially gets the DDB's seal of approval!
Do you have any suggestions on how to make my current version of the mod make look better?

Reactions: DDB
Unfortunately, I know nothing of Dark Souls aside from what a buddy tells me.

Unfortunately, I know nothing of Dark Souls aside from what a buddy tells me.
From the screenshots I have taken, what modifications would be nice to have to the current version of the skin I made? (In terms on color since you can't ever modify the actual models).

If you are going to try for hexing, see if you can get the Affinity hex to appear as little Sagan heads instead of spooky little ghost faces. I don't know anything about modding though, so I have no idea how easy/difficult that would be :/

Reactions: Karlaaldana and DDB
If you are going to try for hexing, see if you can get the Affinity hex to appear as little Sagan heads instead of spooky little ghost faces. I don't know anything about modding though, so I have no idea how easy/difficult that would be :/

I don't have any idea if that is even possible, but I will look up if it's doable.

Edit:
My best attempt could be making the ghost to be white colored and replacing the ghost eyes for an eye that is inside some fangs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smilax
I just started to roll through attacks.
I've played dark souls 1 for about 90 hours and dark souls 2 for 60 hours and all the while i would equip the heaviest armor and just hide behind my shield and poke with enemies with a sharp stick.

Rolling is way more fun.

It's the opposite for me. My first character wears super light armor with high magic defense and no shield so the first 90 hours I was rolling through everything.

With my second character I love not having to time my rolls or pay attention to their direction, I just block everything that isn't magic.

Well you know what they say, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fog wall."

I just started to roll through attacks.
I've played dark souls 1 for about 90 hours and dark souls 2 for 60 hours and all the while i would equip the heaviest armor and just hide behind my shield and poke with enemies with a sharp stick.

Rolling is way more fun.
Dual swordsman master race.. #trueroute.

Dark Souls Too Damn High.jpg

Seriously though, I decided to buy the Ring of Prayer to boost my Faith up to 15, but then I learned that the only offensive Miracle I can cast at that level is Force, and that doesn't even do damage. When I looked at the other available spells they were all much higher on average than most Sorceries and Hexes. What's up with that?

View attachment 2830

Seriously though, I decided to buy the Ring of Prayer to boost my Faith up to 15, but then I learned that the only offensive Miracle I can cast at that level is Force, and that doesn't even do damage. When I looked at the other available spells they were all much higher on average than most Sorceries and Hexes. What's up with that?
The thing with faith builds is that at the beggining you need to be a brute.. brainless and plain strenght based character, untill you get the lightning spear, then pyromancy then hexes (optional).

My best attempt could be making the ghost to be white colored and replacing the ghost eyes for an eye that is inside some fangs.
Actually that sounds pretty badass, any pictures?

Actually that sounds pretty badass, any pictures?
Heh.. I was just throwing ideas, I'm not sure if I can change those textures (I need to get game to load those textures in order to make a change on them, wich means I need to get the hex first).

Reactions: Smilax
This Annie mod is looking pretty cool so far. If I may make a suggestion, don't worry about finding leg armor that exposes her legs, the end result probably won't look too great. Instead of trying to be accurate, take some liberties with it and make Annie as she would look if she went on a journey to Drangleic.

This Annie mod is looking pretty cool so far. If I may make a suggestion, don't worry about finding leg armor that exposes her legs, the end result probably won't look too great. Instead of trying to be accurate, take some liberties with it and make Annie as she would look if she went on a journey to Drangleic.

Thank you, that's why I came here before making a final version of the mod, to see what people thinks and how should I proceed.. I realized that making an accurate annie mod is basically impossible, and I'm taking some liberties but also I'm making it look like something that Annie could use when she accidentally ends in a journey through Drangleic.