• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Space Dandy

Spellbound

Hair-dasher
Reaction score
Steam
AZ_Spellbound
PSN
SoftShocks
Fukua Filia
Just started watching this anime and instantly got hook.
It basically Cowboy Bebop, but more....over the top.

Reactions: Sparties
I don't know how to feel about this. It has beautiful animation, catchy soundtrack (VIVA NAMIDA!) and BOTH the Japanese and English VAs are good, but I find the show incredibly boring and not very funny. I only watched 4 episodes and decided to put it on hold.

most cinematically relevant cartoon in a while; I don't general like anime but I'm totally behind this.

I think it's only similar to cowboy bepop on a surface level. The way it plays with narrative, genres, mise-en-scène, and thematic elements really sets them Apart.

Shits some Johnny To business.

Reactions: Spellbound
I hear more people comparing Space Dandy to Adult Swim shows, because a lot of characters die from time to time, but come back normal the next episode.

One of my players (who also jams out on SG with me) is making a Shadowrun 4.0 character "Street Dandy". I've heard a lot of good things about this anime, and since I am a huge fan of Cowboy Bebop I may have to start watching it. There is some talk going around about how Space Dandy takes place in the same universe as Bebop, does anyone think or know if there is any validity to this?

One of my players (who also jams out on SG with me) is making a Shadowrun 4.0 character "Street Dandy". I've heard a lot of good things about this anime, and since I am a huge fan of Cowboy Bebop I may have to start watching it. There is some talk going around about how Space Dandy takes place in the same universe as Bebop, does anyone think or know if there is any validity to this?
I haven't seen Cowboy Bebop (Only like 1-2 episodes a long time ago), but apparently the characters in both series use the same currency.

There is some talk going around about how Space Dandy takes place in the same universe as Bebop, does anyone think or know if there is any validity to this?

It's because Space Dandy has CB references. The only one I can think about right now is the fridge in episode 8
BhLsNsZIgAAFbJC.jpg:medium

I hear more people comparing Space Dandy to Adult Swim shows, because a lot of characters die from time to time, but come back normal the next episode.

Isn't that a formula of a lot of western media, though? Like Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry? It's pretty common in comic strips, too

Really hyped for the second season wohoo

the first episode of the new season ended just now.

and i think i can say it was perhaps the best dandy episode yet. it was packed with amazing jokes that show up out of nowhere.

also it was weird as hell.

Last night's episode was just great.
I completely lost my shit at Emo Dandy.
And how all future episodes apparently would have that crew.
Then it just ended with him saying "I wanna die".
Incredible.

i'm a fan of amateur youtube animation dandy, personally

the real D N A... Dandy is still the best, tho

i think the newest episode may have been the best one yet

it was one big 80s movie reference and it was hilarious.

Since Season 2 I started watching them in english dub instead of sub. They did an awesome job, the jokes are rendered godly, specially the alternate Dandies in the first episode. Is the 4th out already? I have difficulty following it.

that fucking
musical number
funimation you god tier based as fuck mother fuckers

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Bones too OP, pls nerf

BOOTY!
Wait a minute, I saw the space station, there were no mountains or beaches in there. Did the training montage happen on another planet or something?

last week: dandy fell into an 80s movie
this week: dandy fell into a ghibli movie

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Next week: Dandy reenacts 7 Samurai

So we got some news from the latest episode.
Honey knows a lot about technology, has a mean right hook, and likes to do wrestling moves.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
So Dandy saved the universe with the power of Rock n' Roll.

Johnny seems like a big deal, so I figure he'll reappear in a later episode.

I'll marathon Space Dandy once the season finishes.

because I love marathoning good things. P:

just started watching space dandy tonight and man it's a really fun anime that i like a lot
great to hear you like it!

just finished watching the first 10 episodes of Space dandy, i think episodes 2,7,8, and 10 have been my favorite so far but it's all been really awesome.

Also the intro song thing is really awesome, it's a good catchy song that isn't aggressively catchy.

Last edited:
Man the last episode was amazing, I love courtroom drama.
Uh, will the next episode be the finale though?

I don't fucking know man, that's what I'm asking.

considering that there doesn't seem to be news of a third season, and the title of the next episode "Never Ending Dandy, Baby" it could be possible it is the series finale.

I'm just speculating though. maybe it will be a season finale and it'll get a third season because of popularity. who knows?

btw where can i see the 14 episode of space dandy dubbed, that seems to be the only episode i have trouble finding.

btw where can i see the 14 episode of space dandy dubbed, that seems to be the only episode i have trouble finding.
pretty sure they're on Hulu.

EDIT:
okay, I just checked, and it ain't there, my bad.