• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Spacewhale's spacey pixel art

NEW ATTACKS? WHAT?!

tumblr_n10qybU3fE1rwxvn2o1_250.gif
tumblr_n10qybU3fE1rwxvn2o2_250.gif

Two new attack animations for Annie!

The first is her running slash, (run + attack) you can cancel it into the launcher, or any special move.

The second is an air attack, im not entirely sure where to use this, it might be the new air Light attack or the Heavy attack. Drop ideas for the second move, please! :D

Gah you're so amazing!!!

Thank you for the kind words! :D

I spent my last remaining life force making this animation holy shit
tumblr_n1qmkgWPCL1rwxvn2o1_250.gif

GET ON THE DANCE FLOOR
tumblr_n1qm7hkqYY1rwxvn2o1_400.gif

she goes full kill la kill when burned eh?

No, thats more like Darkstalkers, I don't see how that would be KLK like.

I know why lol. I think it's the color of her uniform. It kinda looks like Sunketsu when she's burned (black/red). Plus her hair goes dark and gets a little spiky and then her boots turn into sneakers. Ryuko was the first thing I thought of too when I saw it, and it's no secret that Spacewhale is a huge Kill la Kill fan.^^ The only things missing are the white sneakers and red strips in her hair.

Edit: And the gloves! I forgot the gloves.^^

Reactions: Immaevilspacewhale
It's coincidental, I simply darkened the default palette and based everything else off of Lilith's burned sprite

Here's a updated version of the Shumy sprite, because I forgot to add SF3 lowlights
tumblr_n2m4i9MAc41rwxvn2o2_100.png
tumblr_n2m4i9MAc41rwxvn2o1_100.png

And because I like doing SF3/CPS3 sprites and I like Marie, I decided to work on this...
tumblr_n2m48jMcCP1rwxvn2o1_1280.jpg

I really like that crystal like one(3)

I went with the 3rd one as well when Space showed it to me.

I wanted to show off the nice sparkle effects that I made for Goku uniforms so I thought hey why not use it for Annie
tumblr_n3hno2Xpy11rwxvn2o1_100.gif

tumblr_n3kkr9MaSE1rwxvn2o1_r1_500.png

I finally revamped my old Robot Masters; Plasma Man, Darkness Man, Devil Man and Inferno Man. Darkness Man’s revamped sprite was by a friend named Shinbs, I simply added a effect to him.

Top: Original
Bottom: Revamp

The devil man hair is a reference right?

The devil man hair is a reference right?

Do you mean the horns, or are you mistakening him for the flame robot?

tumblr_n405nyYzkl1rwxvn2o1_250.png

MegaRed/Kenta Date from Megaranger! Or if you're familiar with Power Rangers, Andros from Power Rangers in Space.

I used Hayato's sprite as a base, and then edited it heavily. If I get the will to make more, I will certainly make sprites for the rest of the team.

this is darn mighty good too!

say spacewhale, have you heard about chroma squad?

maybe if the game becomes a huge success, they could employ you to make some sprites!

EPILEPSY WARNING
tumblr_n4cqyghdTf1rwxvn2o1_400.gif

Which shock state looks the best? The first is based on SF3, middle is based on Alpha 3, and the third one is both combined

The second one, but with the shock aura a tad smaller

I can't decide between the first and second one, but definitely don't use the third one. It doesn't make sense for Annie to temporarily turn into Anais when subjected to electrical shock.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback!

tumblr_n4k65jx0iZ1rwxvn2o1_100.gif

Here’s a Annie mugshot, which will be used in the HUD (and maybe somewhere else)

I think this turned out really nice

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Patricia Wagon from Mighty Switch Force
tumblr_n5jiilegF51rwxvn2o1_250.png
tumblr_n5jin84sKV1rwxvn2o1_250.png

I tried to cram as much detail as I could into this sprite and make it as accurate as I could, and I think it came out nice. I also included a few dithering in parts to make it pop out more.

So you aren't interested? Never got an email.

I thought you were gonna send another message :0 What email can I contact you with?

what i like about space whale is that every art he posts looks cool to me... don't think i've found a single one i hate

keep the awesome coming kiddo!

Reactions: Immaevilspacewhale
Dammit whale... Now I want a pokémon fighting game