• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Spectator Mode Feedback and Troubleshooting Thread

Luweewu

Resident Meanie
Reaction score
As the title implies, this thread is to discuss our experiences with Spectator Mode in Beta (introduced Sept. 17th Beta update) and note any bugs, glitches, or other problems we've come across while playing/watching.

-

Things that I have noticed from the current patch:
  • If you set yourself as ready and don't get a match, you won't spectate.
  • If you leave a lobby after spectating, the game closes.
  • If you are playing and have people spectating you, time between character select and the start of the match is longer.
I've also heard of spectating issues during simultaneous matches, but I can't confirm.

Spectating for me plays very smoothly at a consistent 59-60FPS. You don't get the skipped frames and rollback you'd expect from playing. But I don't know if having spectators affects the match from the player's perspective, so any input would be helpful.

Spectating for me plays very smoothly at a consistent 59-60FPS. You don't get the skipped frames and rollback you'd expect from playing. But I don't know if having spectators affects the match from the player's perspective, so any input would be helpful.

I didn't notice any difference from when I had a spectator vs when I didn't have one, really.

This is more of a suggestion than feedback, but this seems like the right thread.

Can we get an option to toggle spectating such that watching two guys run a set doesn't kick them back to the lobby after each match?

I would imagine it would just be an option on the left side like "ready" but would make it so the game knows you're not waiting to play.