• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

Actually info says that Beo and Victoria are in the same age range: 20s-30s. However Mrs. Victoria is older than Beowulf.

How Beowulf is compared with Mrs. Victoria made me speculate how Beo might be related to her in some way.

i don't know about beoxvictoria now. she kind of looks old enough to be his mother...or sister.
How old do you think Victoria is, exactly? Beowulf is in his mid 30's (according to Alex), which is about the same as where I'd place Victoria.

How old do you think Victoria is, exactly? Beowulf is in his mid 30's (according to Alex), which is about the same as where I'd place Victoria.
If we're getting "exact", I sorta placed Beo at 37-ish. Or just what could be considered upper-mid 30's.
it kinda bumbs me out that beowulf isn't really considered strong in the charts.
I don't know how he can be considered weak. He's a normal human who did take a gigan's arm off by himself.

Or he didn't actually do that and pro-wrestling is *gasp* not quite legitimate?! :O

see now Phyre is so lucky to know the story mode for beowulf already

Reactions: Kai
I hope we get a sneak peek of Beo's story mode some time soon.

the mixup is that Beowulf is a Super Saiyan this whole time. It explains why he is the master of the ring and why he can use Grendal's arm with ease. (i still feel giving him the Yamcha palette was an insult despite the obvious fact that Yamcha's signature attack is his Wulf Fang Fist, and that Beowulf is wulf themed.) Like look at him when he does a tackle you can see he powerup and he ki surrounds him and he flys off. If that's not DBZ then i don't know what is.

Reactions: ElementFree
I don't know how he can be considered weak. He's a normal human who did take a gigan's arm off by himself.

Or he didn't actually do that and pro-wrestling is *gasp* not quite legitimate?! :O

Answer:
Beowulf, despite being a 1-in-a-million fighting machine, is still just a human with no special powers. When stood next to the incredibly purpose-built lethality of the newest multi-parasite ASG monstrosities (peacock, painwheel, etc) you can sort of understand why he might be considered, "low," on the power level scale.

Reactions: Denizen
Hahaha, if we judge a character's strength solely by calculable factors like their powers and equipment then Parasoul would be the most powerful character in the game. 'Cause she has a gun, and a squad of trained soldiers with guns. They could just shoot you. I don't think any character can survive their brains on the pavement.

Point is that I don't judge strength based on those factors, I know from experience that they don't mean much.

you know what? all this talk about beoxparasoul and beoxvictoria has got me thinking, does Beowulf really need romance in his life? Like, does he REALLY need it? think about it.

you know what? all this talk about beoxparasoul and beoxvictoria has got me thinking, does Beowulf really need romance in his life? Like, does he REALLY need it? think about it.
Beowulf doesn't need anything.

EXCEPT FOR THE RING.

Beowulf is the token guy character, what other role could he play in the story than to be the useless, overly emotional romantic interest for the getting-shit-done confident female cast?

So, this is the bs ladies have to deal with, huh.

Chicken has a really point about token girls defaulting to romance plot lines...

But this is the real Skullgirls Romance Plot Line:
All the girls in the cast are Big Band's love interest and Beowulf is happily single.
Although we can't rule out this:
tumblr_nfg6w5ogYw1r8n1s8o1_400.png

Yes, he does. He and the Hurting have to cement their relationship past their professional association with each other

Reactions: Denizen
Aside from all the romance and stuff, let's figure out what Beo was when he's retired.

I just had an idea aside from being a St. Theresa employee and a soldier.

If we follow the DLC vote description true that implies that he didn't fight at all during his retirement and consider Parasoul's statement that Beo has served their cause back then as military service, perhaps he did a non-soldier job. I'm think of a janitor... or a medic. Maybe medic because it would contrast his previous career as a wrestler.

Then why are we even speculating in the first place?

Besides it's fun to speculate what's gonna happen. :/

Last edited:
Beowulf: "It is important to keep a well balance between a good fisticuffs and spending time in the study educating yourself with the literature of the world. And despite my quite rough appearance, I am quite the scholar ... IN BEATING YOUR FACE DOWN~!"

Only the classiest of wresting super stars.

I'm sure along with being a skilled smackdown-bringer,he'll be a very Artful Dodger.

Beowulf: "It is important to keep a well balance between a good fisticuffs and spending time in the study educating yourself with the literature of the world. And despite my quite rough appearance, I am quite the scholar ... IN BEATING YOUR FACE DOWN~!"

Only the classiest of wresting super stars.

"Read books, kids, or else I will give you The Hurting. No, really."

Reactions: Kuzlalala
Ooor we could just wait on that until the story mode tells us anyway =P

We can't just wait 20 days and do nothing, Tech. We can't.
But ofcourse, other people are literally surrounding us with their Magic Conch Shells that dictates Beowulf's story.
"Will Beowulf marry The Hurting?"
"...No."

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Honestky I just hope parasoul and beowulf have some reaction. like come on at least ONE LITTLE REACTION towards each other

Reactions: Kuzlalala
I personally want Beo and Parasoul to become fighting partners, as in Parasoul becomes his assist or something.

Honestky I just hope parasoul and beowulf have some reaction. like come on at least ONE LITTLE REACTION towards each other
Yeah I agree, mostly because I am a big Parasoul fan and she has a shockingly low amount of screen time.
Plus she's so proper and he's... Beowulf so it could make for some great hi jinx.