• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza SPOILERS - Eliza Story Mode Discussion

Fair points, all around. Eliza definitely takes more joy in "her work" than is necessary. I guess I was inundated by "gritty vampire with a soul" by other media a while back, so the complete and utter lack of remorse is oddly refreshing. She is absolutely terrible, and unapologetically so. A unity of terrifying ability and purpose.

Eliza absolutely needs to be opposed, but at the same time... every time she did something terrible, I was impressed. Girl's messed up, but... wow.
She's the Dio Brando of Skullgirls. Plain and simple. An evil, a pure-evil character that you can't help but respect from their charismatic and bombastic ways of laying seige and ruin to anything and everything in their way. While able to spend years, decades simply plotting their victory while living a life far from struggle.

Reactions: Dio Brando
Alright, sorry for adding a post to a thread that's several months old.. it feels somewhat wrong even if I can't find rules against necroposting but I finally finished Eliza's story and, other than the fact she's a huge b the most evil character in the entire game, two things in particular stand out to me.

1) Usually, when a Parasite like Samson or Leviathan talks, they get their own speech box, name tag and art. When Sekhmet comes out and speaks her mind, she just... ugh, "rips open" Eliza's head, sometimes continuing Eliza's sentence iirc and the name tag doesn't change. Is it an oversight or are Sekhmet & Eliza even separate after centuries of living as one and killing gods?

2) The epilogue, with blood-cat-goddess Eliza and Mega Maid Marie going all kaiju over New Meridian... It brings to my mind the Super Modes of the old SkullgirlS, back when Samson ate Filia's parents and Peacock was leaner and meaner and actually evil and not just crazy. Did anyone else think about this when seeing the epilogue? What could it mean in term of canon? Looks like the idea is still there even if it didn't find its way into the game, kind of like Filia's hairpin swords, now seemingly used by Delilah.

Alright, sorry for adding a post to a thread that's several months old.. it feels somewhat wrong even if I can't find rules against necroposting but I finally finished Eliza's story and, other than the fact she's a huge b the most evil character in the entire game, two things in particular stand out to me.

1) Usually, when a Parasite like Samson or Leviathan talks, they get their own speech box, name tag and art. When Sekhmet comes out and speaks her mind, she just... ugh, "rips open" Eliza's head, sometimes continuing Eliza's sentence iirc and the name tag doesn't change. Is it an oversight or are Sekhmet & Eliza even separate after centuries of living as one and killing gods?

2) The epilogue, with blood-cat-goddess Eliza and Mega Maid Marie going all kaiju over New Meridian... It brings to my mind the Super Modes of the old SkullgirlS, back when Samson ate Filia's parents and Peacock was leaner and meaner and actually evil and not just crazy. Did anyone else think about this when seeing the epilogue? What could it mean in term of canon? Looks like the idea is still there even if it didn't find its way into the game, kind of like Filia's hairpin swords, now seemingly used by Delilah.

I actually talked about a very similar thing in the lore speculation, about the possibility of the last level of bonding between host and parasite, making both creatures becoming one, one mind, one body.

Here's an interesting story mode leak that I don't think was mentioned on Skullheart yet. (moved to this thread to avoid warnings)
juqktUD.gif
juqktUD.gif

juqktUD.gif
juqktUD.gif
too spooky for me

I just realized after nearly a full year of this patch being out that the Gehenna stage is not only a reference to that Gehenna painting but also a reference to one of the Dark Stalkers stages.
fetus-of-god.gif

I'm not sure if that's correct but everyone else probably already saw the similarities.

I think Gehenna is even slightly bigger than the other stages as a reference to fetus of god.

that Gehenna painting

Any painting in particular? Google turns up a few different juicy morsels. Including a portrait vaguely reminiscent of Our Lady of Slaughter. I'd post it, but it has about half a nipple and I don't want to get in trouble.

Also, I'm planning a vaguely Eliza themed Skyrim run. Any recommended mods?

I think Gehenna is even slightly bigger than the other stages as a reference to fetus of god.
If you mean bigger in-game, then no. All stages including Gehenna are the exact same size.

Any painting in particular?
That Gehenna Stage is weird.......... I absolutely love it. I wonder if some of the colors were inspired by John Martin's Gehenna? http://cdn2.all-art.org/neoclasscism/martin27.jpg

I posted this about a year ago. This is the painting I was talking about. It looks somewhat similar (Bill Cosby Voice: WITH THE COLORS AND THE BACKDROP AND THE...OH YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT AHHHGUUUGUGGUUU.)

Regardless of its inspiration, it's an awesome stage.

Last edited: