• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza SPOILERS - Eliza Story Mode Discussion

I think I found the reason Albus and Horace are so loyal to Eliza.
(...)
Apparently she's carrying their Ashes around.
Those would be the four sons of Horus, which include a jackal head and a hawk head, thus not referencing A&H.

Sekhmet_Win.png

Maybe Albus and Horace are so loyal to Eliza, is because if they disobey, Eliza will utterly destroy them.

Either Albus and Horace are nearly as ancient as Eliza (fallen Egytian gods), or she has cultivated a loyal clan of bodyguards to serve the roll every generation. Kind of like Ra's al Ghul and his right-hand man Ubu. Ra's has been living for centuries, but Ubu is a title shared by uncounted mortal descendants. It's not like Eliza can advertise the position lightly.

WANTED: Permanent bodyguard, butler, and chauffeur. Must be able to play piano (or drums) and keep awful secrets. Coincidental identification with ancient Egyptian mythology is a plus.​

In other news...

View attachment 6341
T-they forgot her boney hand....

Today's patch notes: "Fixed an error with one of Squigly's portraits in Eliza's story"

Those would be the four sons of Horus, which include a jackal head and a hawk head, thus not referencing A&H.
Sekhmet_Win.png

I was actually wondering about this myself. I thought it was referencing other gods, like Anubis and the like, but I couldn't quite place them all. I did know they were canopic jars, though (and as such wouldn't hold ashes, but organs). After reading the article, I vaguely remember coming across these guys in my own studies, and so this makes a lot more sense. Thank you.

And since we're on the topic (I guess?), I really would like to thank L0 for all the research they did. As I said, I study Egyptian mythology, so seeing things like the names for her moves (especially Hathor's Return, I love that!), or the fact that when you hit Eliza, her brain comes out of her nose, it's like, Lab Zero, you clever little things you. ^-^ I mean, it's a level of dedication I don't see a lot of people do. It's a bit inspiring and I do hope it carries on long into the future.

Adding another car to the reference train, I've had Eliza's IPS triggered and I have no idea what it's supposed to be. Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of it, but it looks sort of priestly, so maybe it's a reference to Egyptian priests? I haven't come across anything that goes into what they wear in detail yet though, so I'm not sure. Any ideas?

The burst? It's Sekhmet's Aegis.

Bro, that's amazing! (both the fact that you found that and that L0 put it in there because dat detail!) Thanks so much! I mean, I wouldn't even know where to begin research to find that! I'm totally about to check out the reference thread, too! Thanks again!

Reactions: Balder
It always looked a little Aztec to me. I'm glad to know it's root.

That's actually what I thought, too! I asked my husband if he thought the same and he agreed with me, even though everything was telling me that totally wasn't right. I'm not sure if it's the design or the coloring or both, but yeah, there's definitely an Aztec vibe to it.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Finally got around to playing Eliza's story mode, was good.

That mech piloting Marie.

Last edited:
there's a sprite of leviathan with a monocle and pipe?

I honestly don't get why Marie is still alive at the end. She got defeated (= killed) and the Skullheart had been destroyed, so how can she show up at the end with Skullheart power?
Alex had previously confirmed that if a Skullgirl is defeated but the Skull Heart isn't wished upon (where the current Skullgirl would be replaced with a new one), she will regenerate sooner or later.

Assuming that the post-credit scene is to be taken seriously (i.e. within the context of what would be canonical possible for the characters to do and not just a joke ending), then I think it might be possible that Double gave Marie more power to regenerate faster than she would in the other stories where the Heart wasn't wished upon, because, unlike in the other threads where Double is simply going through the motion of continuing the Skullgirl cycle, she actually has personal vendetta against Eliza and is actually serious about destroying her.

In addition to Chrono Tata's statement, the skullheart doesn't stay destroyed just cause you destroyed it (more or less saying that for those who rebuttal that Eliza destroyed the skullheart)
And it's not really a stretch for Marie to make her Trinity Jaeger anyways, I mean just look at the Final Atrium stage, all she had to do is assemble it using the materials around her.

And it's not really a stretch for Marie to make her Trinity Jaeger anyways, I mean just look at the Final Atrium stage, all she had to do is assemble it using the materials around her.
Bingo. That's why it wasn't a stretch for me. We've seen she's rather powerful, and if she got zapped back due to certain conditions, or just because no wish was made, she'd catch her second wind, know what went wrong last time and just assemble all the floating crap that's in the stage to wreak havoc.

Reactions: Undeadtoon
Alex had previously confirmed that if a Skullgirl is defeated but the Skull Heart isn't wished upon (where the current Skullgirl would be replaced with a new one), she will regenerate sooner or later.

Assuming that the post-credit scene is to be taken seriously (i.e. within the context of what would be canonical possible for the characters to do and not just a joke ending), then I think it might be possible that Double gave Marie more power to regenerate faster than she would in the other stories where the Heart wasn't wished upon, because, unlike in the other threads where Double is simply going through the motion of continuing the Skullgirl cycle, she actually has personal vendetta against Eliza and is actually serious about destroying her.
Again, if that is true, then where is Selene and Nancy (assuming we take the ending seriously)? Cuz they should still be alive since the skullheart was never wished upon when they had it. With that being said, if Selene is still alive, I think I know who she could be:
Ileum_neutral.png

Both are mothers (or at least motherly)

Last edited:
Again, if that is true, then where is Selene and Nancy (assuming we take the ending seriously)? Cuz they should still be alive since the skullheart was never wished upon when they had it. With that being said, if Selene is still alive, I think I know who she could be:
View attachment 6613
To be honest, I don't know how that whole regeneration thing works.

It takes 7 years under normal circumstances for the Skullheart to reappear. IIRC it was destroyed by Squigly and Leviathan when Selene used it. When Queen Nancy had it, the heart was destroyed by King Franz's alliance.

Reactions: Denizen
The problem with that is that we saw Eliza smash the Skull Heart, so there's no explanation for Marie's regeneration. Then again it could just be Double pulling some bullshit to get at Eliza.

I'm sticking with the assumption that the after credits scene was a joke.

"Were you not told? This is not over."

Those are fightan words guys
I don't think that was a joke really
Like come on that would be a...weird place for a joke

It's the same place where Annie and Umbrella appeared in Filia's mirror, and with the same musical bit over it too.

It's the same place where Annie and Umbrella appeared in Filia's mirror, and with the same musical bit over it too.
remember Squigly had an ending after her story as well, it was not a joke. also Skullheart Arrhythmia is essentially Marie's theme so it fits, I dont think it was a joke

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs

Oh ah I guess I should say by "place" I didn't mean after the credits
I meant the place in the story's "feel"
Eliza has just went full blood mode and is about to damn near take over the city and who knows what else
Tensions running high and the story is reaching all kinds of climaxes
To suddenly throw out a joke there would be really weird
Like imagine if at the end of the story of Pandora's Box the contents of the box were Zeus's extra togas
Wouldn't that feel really ugh and out of place

In essence

image.jpg

Exactly as to how Marie pulled this off after The Skull Heart was destroyed I dunno but her face looks like Death Central and Eliza just got a one way ticket
Also remember that Eliza was supposed to be the most story-driven character out of the DLC bunch and LZ's last chance to share serious lore with us
I would think that there is something they aren't telling us concerning Marie's mystery power here

Last edited:
I really think Alex Ahad is just trolling us. An after credits kaiju battle just seems too silly, especially since Eliza's ending would have been perfect without it. Or I could be wrong, I don't really care either way.

Reactions: Jimbob
We are all actually wrong
And correct
And neither
Who knows

Ahad does that crafty man

Oh yeah here's a thing
Since Aeon is dead or whatever in this thread of fate
Could this be considered the "truest" outcome of events
I mean if Aeon, Venus, and The Great Mother are just really old ladies with parasites and not almighty gods that there are just one of
Are there multiple versions of them elsewhere
If so, then what the what is going on

I don't know
I just want muh canon story
$$$$$ for Skullgirls novels, plz

Last edited:
View attachment 6613
The problem with that is that we saw Eliza smash the Skull Heart, so there's no explanation for Marie's regeneration. Then again it could just be Double pulling some bullshit to get at Eliza.

I'm sticking with the assumption that the after credits scene was a joke.
Yep, I understand what you guys mean. Let me elaborate my post a bit more. Basically, if the Skull Heart is destroyed (well, temporarily since it's been heavily hinted at in the stories that it can't truly be destroyed by smashing it), the Skullgirl is "destroyed" as well. However, given the fact that the Skullheart can't be destroyed, I don't think the Skullgirl can be truly destroyed either, unless she is replaced by a new one.

Anyway, given that the Skullheart is an artefact of immense power, I don't think that there is any physical reason why it cannot regenerate much quicker. The whole 7-year thing is more of a ritual which has been organised by Double and her masters, rather than being an actual restriction. But due to Double's grudge against Eliza, she has basically ignored this rule and regenerated Marie straight away in order to try to kill Eliza.

In Fukua's story mode, which was a joke in its entirety. You honestly mean to tell us that Fukua's story mode was meant to set a precedent for things like this? Very unlikely.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
If the post-credits scene is to be taken seriously, it's amusing how it's easier for Eliza to kill two of time and space-controlling so-called goddesses than to do the same with their undead puppet 12 year old.

That's true
Hm
Well the circumstances behind their deaths are unknown y'know
I still severely doubt that you could just kill someone in a head-on fight with the power to delete your very existence from time or be virtually anywhere and everywhere (especially at the same time if even)
We don't know if The Great Mother even has any powers so I can't vouch for her
Eliza must have tricked them or something
Remember how if a Parasite is removed from the host, they both die
Maybe she tricked the Parasites within them into leaving

Bah speculating makes my head hurt

Reactions: Rabeye
If the past events between Neferu and the Trinity are canon, I'll keep foisting the idea that what Neferu killed were the physical bodies of Aeon and Venus with "perma-ban from the mortal realm" side effect. And I would add she did so by means of deception. It's sort of implied that they were all on equal standing (again, the old theory about the Trinity just being average Janes with OP parasites) but I don't think team ratios apply to story so I doubt Neferu would have HP and damage output bonuses. :3

As for Mega Maid, I'll keep with the theory that she was being directly controlled by Lamia. I think Marie would figure Eliza was going to stomp the Medici and, knowing her mission would be carried through, accept her own end.

If the post-credits scene is to be taken seriously, it's amusing how it's easier for Eliza to kill two of time and space-controlling so-called goddesses than to do the same with their undead puppet 12 year old.

Clearly you under estimate the unfathomable power of Meido.

Megidolololololololodyne

Considering how Trinitism mirrors Christianity, the Skullgirlverse equivalent of "Christ Almighty" might very well be "Double plz", which likely is indeed why we're having a reanimated Skullgirl on our hands in the first place.