• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune SPOILERS - Robo-Fortune Story Mode Discussion

I do admit Bearded adam is badass as hell. But when a joke story fails to do the job of making me laugh with said joke I feel ripped off. And I expected more because did give Lab Zero money for Robo unlike Fukua. So yes I did expect more since this is the last DLC character. A love letter to the fans at least would've been nice instead of some cheap references thrown in, a horrible orginal vs copy fight (seriously not one pun?) and just a dissapointing ending where everyone dies. Yeah the Skullheart is made to destroy everything but we could've at least got a better ending like Terminator 2 ending but with Robo. Something postive at least to end SG.

ilciWat.png

I was laughing the whole way through the story. I loved it!

I liked the notes on Meat Fortune. I liked the trolly "!!!' and "!!!" between Robo and Meat Fortune. The whole Annie ending and the rest of her proposed DLC friends getting their last bows.

...Also Glasses Brain Drain and Isaac's "TARDIS"

Do we really gotta use spoilers when it's, uh, in the title that spoilers will be spoiled.

I do admit Bearded adam is badass as hell. But when a joke story fails to do the job of making me laugh with said joke I feel ripped off. And I expected more because did give Lab Zero money for Robo unlike Fukua. So yes I did expect more since this is the last DLC character. A love letter to the fans at least would've been nice instead of some cheap references thrown in, a horrible orginal vs copy fight (seriously not one pun?) and just a dissapointing ending where everyone dies. Yeah the Skullheart is made to destroy everything but we could've at least got a better ending like Terminator 2 ending but with Robo.

That's like, entirely subjective tho.
Like, I thought it was funny, and since that's all it's trying to be I figured it succeeded.
And, like, yeah, Robo Fortune got more money than Fukua, but that's why she had a bigger story mode. Fukua had like 5 pictures and no dialogue, Robo Fortune had more than that. She didn't have as much money as Beowulf or Eliza, so she didn't get the attention to detail that they did.

Hah, I had fun with this,
-Really loved getting a taste of the voiced story modes, it really was awesome.
-Kaiji makes an awesome Brain Drain, I know this was comedic, but it was cool to get a peek into his personality, and cool to see that he does have a smoking issue and ditches the awesome coat for when he's in his workshop.
-Loved the conversation between RF and Marie and all the 4th wall breaking.
-Days of Future Past Adam and Stanley were cool.
-Considering all the crazy hardships that this team has endured, I like that things ended on a fun and hilarious note. Here's to the future!

I don't know what to think yet.
I mean, she is a joke character and i understand her story mode being basically jokes.
And i liked some major plot points being explained (or some pure trolling by labzero)
But at the same time, i'm sad, not because this was made, but because i might never see what happens really in skullgirls, the real story, and that is, sad.

I actually really liked the story mode. I wasn't expecting a ton because, after-all, this WAS a character that was created through a joke and then injected into the canon. It would be pretty weird to me if she was as involved in the world as Beowulf and Eliza were. I had a hard enough time prior to this thinking of a reason why, "canonically", Brain-Drain would even make a robot of Ms. Fortune instead of, say, a "perfect" replica of Christmas made out of grief or a robot version of the Skullgirl, or a more robotic version of Peacock to try and outdo Avery.

The reason I did like the story was because it gave some much needed characterization to Brain-Drain. Because while Valentine is equally as nefarious as he is for her involvement in what happened to Carol, people seem to dislike him more for it. Probably because all we had to go on were his actions while Valentine was a fully fledged character with something there to like. But yeah, the fact that he seems MUCH younger and much less in control than I thought was pretty great. It makes his "edgyness" endearing as opposed to off-putting. I hope that he's always like that and not just this way because he's in a joke story mode.

Also why are we all hiding spoilers in a thread that explicitly says SPOILERS in the title?

Last edited:
Just an FYI guys, you can stop using spoiler tags any day now. :p

Robo-Fortune's story-mode was nice! It was refreshing to see Brain Drain get so much exposure, since up until then he'd only been the faceless big bad of Skullgirls.

Just cause its a joke story mode doesn't mean they had to get lazy.

Saying things like this is probably why some of Lab Zero Games is happy that Skullgirls is wrapping up. Did you conveniently forget that Robo-Fortune was made on a budget of less than 1/20th the budget of a regular character? And yet her attacks are almost entirely original, she has a new stage, new voice acting, new contracted music, a voiced story-mode with custom illustrations, her own tutorial, and you have the balls to call Lab Zero "lazy" because her story-mode is less fleshed out than the other DLC characters who had 20x the budget? Get that shit outta here.

Last edited:
So the reason that Robo's Story Mode seems "rushed" is because of budgets?

Is that also why Beowulf's talk sprites doesn't have the same quality as the other's (then again Annie's was much better so idk)?

Reactions: Sinclair
Eh I wasn't entirley happy with it but I guess if people we're happy with it I can't least be happy about that.

Reactions: Sinclair
Ya'll spoiled brats.
This story mode was super nice, this is Say Uncle level of 4th wall, we got to see the secondary characters once again(Isaac!!♥♥) and Snake Adam fucking killed me
Maybe the ending was a bit fast, but it's a lot more than what I expected! The voice acting is amazing too!

Brain Drain confirmed to be a dumbass smoker.
Snake Adam.
Umbrella crying over leaving Annie (she finally became a fan i guess)
Valentines operation reports are just kawaii shit and outdated maymays.
The fact that RF and MS.F had no spoken dialogue actually really made me laugh.

Someone needs to edit Valentine to look like the Grinch in that one scene where she's like 'ffs this is what i get for trying to save Christmas!?'

Edit: Also this is the ROBO FORTUNE STORY MODE DISCUSSION thread, not the thread to be crying about Beowulf's dressing gown sprites.

I dunno I guess the reason I didn't like this story just equates to personal taste really. Don't let my negativity ruin your enjoyment though.

Fine, I'll stop. And I think Robo Fortune's Story is much better than the previous DLC character anyway.

Fine, I'll stop. And I think Robo Fortune's Story is much better than the previous DLC character anyway.
For God's sake Lala, we got it. Since the first time. You shouldn't repeat it over and over, even after you said you would stop, it's rude.

Ok, thanks for telling me.

Overall the feeling I get from Robo's story is "eh". Everyone is talking about how it further characterized Braindrain but my favorite part was Robo's conversation with Marie telling us not to take any of this too seriously. I liked the dialogue and felt the story was cute if I had to point out my one gripe it would be that it felt like a bit of a missed opportunity. I think this is especially true because the story does not take it self very seriously. Considering it could be the last bit of content we may ever get in regards to Skullgirls and considering all the team and the fans have done to get here I just wish the Venus and Aeon segment would have done a little more to wrap everything up.

As i said, my only sadness, is not robo fortune story itself, but the fact that this is the end of the line, we will not receive more information on the game lore or know about the true story in what? months? years? ever? And i don't blame labzero or anything like that, they did what they could, no, they did way more than that, and if they do more, i'll be happy, but i can understand that not happening.

But i loved the artwork in general, i just don't get, does Robo Fortune exist or not in the Skullgirls canon? I mean, her story is a complete joke, so i can't really tell for sure, the same about brain drain personality, or his smoking habits, or Robo Fortune origin.

Reactions: MagicPurpleMan
It's Robo-Fortune. Trying to put a serious conclusion to Skullgirls' lore in the story-mode of an exploding robot cat would have been nothing short of shoehorning, and I think that's beneath Lab Zero.
As much as I agree with this post they do shoehorn in the train stage and probably as much plot information as they could into the story. I don't mean that badly, it was throwing us a bone as far as lore went since there wasn't much else they could do. And the train stage is awesome and I thought that was an amusing way of contextualizing it.

My only disappointment was that her depression didn't factor into the story very much, but that would have been hard to do without it seeming to be in bad taste. I enjoyed the story a lot (though I am a sucker for bad puns), for the most part it was exactly what I expected it would be, and I'm happy with that, especially all that great art we got in the ending.

I think a lot of people may feel frustrated because they were expecting more of a serious finale, and I personally don't understand why they expected that from Robo-Fortune.

It's Robo-Fortune. Trying to put a serious conclusion to Skullgirls' lore in the story-mode of an exploding robot cat would have been nothing short of shoehorning, and I think that's beneath Lab Zero.

I would be inclined to agree with you had the story ended with Robo Fortune but the last characters to deliver dialogue were Venus and Aeon characters whom are more than capable of putting a last word to things.

I would have been content with

Aeon: Is this really how the story concludes?

Venus: I guess we will have to wait for Skullgirls 2 to find out.

They did not even have to mention a Skullgirls 2 just anything to put a pin in the story.

I would be inclined to agree with you had the story ended with Robo Fortune but the last characters to deliver dialogue were Venus and Aeon characters whom are more than capable of putting a last word to things.

I would have been content with

Aeon: Is this really how the story concludes?

Venus: I guess we will have to wait for Skullgirls 2 to find out.

They did not even have to mention a Skullgirls 2 just anything to put a pin in the story.

I don't think that would work given that Marie says that Robo's Story isn't canon. Not to mention that you're implying that DLC characters' stories are in a chronological order which in fact isn't.

It could work Aeon and Venus exist outside of time and are able to peer into different possibility spaces. They have shown up in other story lines as well dropping hints the that the events that take place are not how things really happened. Due to their abilities if any characters where to break the 4th wall it would be them. If ever there were a time to give the fan base a little message that would have been it. It's fine it did not happen just saying missed opportunity.

They wouldn't necessarily it's just an example of something that could be said to bring context to the fact that this is the last content of lore.

It would just be a nod to the fans that have been following the game. Just labzero's way of saying "this is the end of the show"

Last edited:
I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again.

When's Annie?

Joke's on you, Annie won.

Ya'll spoiled brats.
This story mode was super nice, this is Say Uncle level of 4th wall, we got to see the secondary characters once again(Isaac!!♥♥) and Snake Adam fucking killed me
Maybe the ending was a bit fast, but it's a lot more than what I expected! The voice acting is amazing too!
PREACH
Saying things like this is probably why some of Lab Zero Games is happy that Skullgirls is wrapping up. Did you conveniently forget that Robo-Fortune was made on a budget of less than 1/20th the budget of a regular character? And yet her attacks are almost entirely original, she has a new stage, new voice acting, new contracted music, a voiced story-mode with custom illustrations, her own tutorial, and you have the balls to call Lab Zero "lazy" because her story-mode is less fleshed out than the other DLC characters who had 20x the budget? Get that shit outta here.
PREACH

hahahaha story mode was too funny, I like Brain Drain a lot more.

And the ending was epic.

Nice to see a bit of Aeon too :3

5/10 still want Annie.

Y'all are making me sick forreal. It seems like y'all don't even care about the game or the development team.
All you really want is an MGS4 Database DLC for Skullgirls to satiate your thirst for canon material.

tbh since i joined this forum every time something new happens to this game im always like 'WOW. I CAN'T EVEN PLAY IT BECAUSE OF MY MAC BUT I STILL THINK ITS GREAT. IM GONNA GO ON THE FORUM AND TALK ABOUT HOW COOL IT IS' but people are just complaining about petty things. like, you wanna complain. i dunno. if you wanted to enjoy the story why don't you enjoy it? nothing's stopping you.

Blood?? so dark & hardkore
The best.