• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Feb 28, 2014] SCR @ UCI (Irvine, California)

Anyone got space open in thier hotel room?

Is Big Band going to be legal? I don't want to fight against an unfinished character lmao. MikeZ pls.

I'm not sure how this works...I have a friend who attends UCI so he could possibly get the badge for me but I've never been to a tournament. How does it work? Is it a one day tournament?

Never mind, I have class at 10 am ='( maybe next time

Is Big Band going to be legal? I don't want to fight against an unfinished character lmao. MikeZ pls.
He's been basically unchanged in the Beta for a while now, this is as done as it gets gameplay-wise. It was also asked really early on and I said yes.
I'm sure you can ask people not to play him if you want to be a poop about it.

But IAD HP works even more easily on him, you'll be fine, Jay. <3

I just realized, me and inferno won't have a room until mcpeanuts gets there XD.

Where is everyone going to be hanging out on thursday?

He's been basically unchanged in the Beta for a while now, this is as done as it gets gameplay-wise. It was also asked really early on and I said yes.
I'm sure you can ask people not to play him if you want to be a poop about it.

But IAD HP works even more easily on him, you'll be fine, Jay. <3

Thanks for the response :3. I haven't messed with the beta haha so if he is pretty much unchanged then I'll just mess with him and fight him :D. Also if IAD HP works even more easily then I am set loooool.

SIDE NOTE: My flight gets in at 8:35 AM and the venue is only like 7min away from the airport. I should be fine getting there 30min before pools start BUT if I get held up for some reason if I make it before 10am and I have a 10am match will I be ok? I know like 7 people at the tourney so I can text them and give them updates and communicate them to the TO. Of course this probably won't happen and is a worst case scenario. I entered as PFGC Dad Toucher btw lmao.

Thanks for the response :3. I haven't messed with the beta haha so if he is pretty much unchanged then I'll just mess with him and fight him :D. Also if IAD HP works even more easily then I am set loooool.

SIDE NOTE: My flight gets in at 8:35 AM and the venue is only like 7min away from the airport. I should be fine getting there 30min before pools start BUT if I get held up for some reason if I make it before 10am and I have a 10am match will I be ok? I know like 7 people at the tourney so I can text them and give them updates and communicate them to the TO. Of course this probably won't happen and is a worst case scenario. I entered as PFGC Dad Toucher btw lmao.
I don't know, but if you're not getting there until Friday you're going to have to have someone pick up your badge on Thursday.

Yeah I have the badge thing figured out already.

Mandatory badge pickup the day before the tourney? I'm assuming the hall would be open BYOC because people driving to Irvine to only pick up a badge mid-week sounds like an idea that's going to fail miserably.

Yeah it might be an idea for the people receiving the emails to send a quick reply to confirm that they've got the receipts, in order to avoid having people thinking they're all sorted if they're not.

Sooooo, considering we'll have two days to kill after our tournament wraps up, Weatherbee and I talked it out and figured we could run a Bella Pong tourney afterwards, if anyone's remotely interested.

Would anyone actually be interested?

Sooooo, considering we'll have two days to kill after our tournament wraps up, Weatherbee and I talked it out and figured we could run a Bella Pong tourney afterwards, if anyone's remotely interested.

Would anyone actually be interested?
Sure I'm down. Let's do Bella Ball and Typing of the Skullgirls and all kinds of other crazy shit.

Did you get my email?
Ah, right. Yes I have received your e-mail along with SomePerson, Stuff, and Mike Z's. If you sent me an e-mail and didn't see your name mentioned, you probably didn't send it to the right e-mail! Get 'em in!

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Do we know what the pools are or will those be revealed on site?

If I'm in pool A and have to play at 6am my time I will shit

Gee, I should've practiced. Six days to git gud.

If I'm in pool A and have to play at 6am my time I will shit
I had basically the same reaction but with "10am my time". :^P

If I'm bringing setups and running the tournament and we only have enough people for 3 16-person pools, there will be no 10AM pool unless I am forced to from the mountaintop.

4I9vA9Q.jpg

Ya, I will not be making it by 10am...

Oh, right. I'm supposed to gauge interest in either a Typing of and/or a Bella Pong tourney on Sat/Sun. Anyone who would be genuinely interested?

Oh, right. I'm supposed to gauge interest in either a Typing of and/or a Bella Pong tourney on Sat/Sun. Anyone who would be genuinely interested?

I'm down for Bella and Typing. Gonna bring my own keyboard.

If for fun sure.

If for money...
I'd do bella pong for laughs.
I type 16wpm, probably won't be doing that.

This would be purely for fun. Also, I really, really, really, REALLY want some Berkeley Dog. I don't think I can wait till Friday. I might have to swing by after work sometime.

so when are pools gunna be up so I can see when I have to wake up?

PS after SG's done ya'll should learn VS, there aren't enough people to play!!!

wtf is bella pong? Sounds like some nerd stuff.

you reflect shit back and forth with 2 bellas. It's real riveting stuff I tell ya hwat

I don't even know how to do that move. Rip

Valle sent me a list of all the entrants and asked me to make a bracket on challonge and send it back to him. Umm, I asked Render for help on that one so give him (or me if he doesn't get to it) a couple days.

Total entrants = 45. There will be 4 pools (A, B, C, D) with about 11 people per pool. Top 2 of each pool will move on to top 8 which will be played Friday evening.