• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly Combo Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuuance

Level 51 Pastrymancer
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Steam
Nuuance
Squigly Eliza
This is the Only & Last Solo Squigly Combo
Video You Need To See For Encore. Period.

Nowwww there's no reason that even your new squigs
shouldn't technically be as good as mine.​

Changelog:
1.0 (i forget): Made the thingy & video
1.1 (3-5-2014): Inserted video (spoiler) regarding people who refuse to burst
1.2 (3-6-2014): Added 7.3k non-seria mid-combo charge combo w/video (spoiler
1.3 (3-14-2014): shoryuken feature! Thanks! Link soon - http://shoryuken.com/2014/03/14/che...ized-combos-for-squigly-in-skullgirls-encore/

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
1.4 (5-27-2014): New BnB Additions You Should See & Learn:
Corner keep combo no charge/no stancel only 1 bar @8k
Corner keep Combo no charge/no stancel @7.2k
New no charge/no stancel BnB @6.8k SUPER EASY
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
1.5 (5-3-2015): Wowww...been a while! New bnb & corner optimizations:
Here's My 9k corner keep bnb- fully universal ;)
Midscreen anywhere 8.4k w/meter, 7.5k w/out bnb
Stanceless/Chargeless 7.1k/8.1k w/meter bnb for med/heavies (except Eliza)
Chargeless Universal* 7.1k/8k w/meter bnb

switch the s.lp w/c.lk on crouching val & fukua/filia. I personally just lightly mash the s.lp link & from there its pretty easy. I probably mess up the c.lk link maybe 1/20 times so no prob there.

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
s.lp, s.hp, silver chord,
walk up, s.mp, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
c.lk, c.mk, s.hk,
slighttt delay j.mk, j.hp,
sllighttt delay j.lp, j.mk, j.hk, H Gravedigger,
back up a bit, c.hp burst bait

@0:13 Nuuance's non-seria BnB: 6.7k - no bar, no charge
c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, stance cancel,
s.lp, s.hp~s.hp, chord (qcf+mk), s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
(slight delay) j.lp, j.mk (3), j.hk, H Divekick,
dash OTG s.lk~s.lk, c.mk, c.hp (4), arpeggio (qcf+lk)

Notes: I found this combo a month ago I think? Anyways I'm super proud of this because no one else (including myself) thought it was even possible to surpass 6k without a charge. At 6.7k it's an incredible solid combo and if you need to dispatch someone, you can always toss in battle opera at the end for a bait or daisy pusher after chord for a criminal 7.7k. For the longest time I could barely get 7.7k WITH charge, so this is effing amazing. Probably one of my proudest accomplishments. It's universal like all these combos & goes to show you don't NEED charge :) Oh and another thing, you can link into c.mk after arpeggio for a tricky-icky little damage extension since most wont block low after because they assume you can't do anything or are too far. Idk what the frames are, but it's a convenient little link.

@0:30 Non-seria BnB Bait: 7.5k - 1 bar, no charge
s.lp, s.hp~s.hp, chord (qcf+mk), s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
(slight delay) j.lp, j.mk (3), j.hk, H Divekick,
dash OTG s.lk~s.lk, c.mk, c.hp, arpeggio (qcf+lk), battle opera (qcb+lk+mk), backdash c.hp (4)

Notes: so this is the damage extension with a bait. To be honest, the only ONLY reason to do this is if you know the opponent is antsy &/or not paying attention. Orrrr...if you plan to DHC. Other than that, I'd just do daisy pusher earlier

@0:47 Nuuance's non-seria max-damage BnB: 7.7k - 1 bar, no charge
s.lp, s.hp~s.hp, chord (qcf+mk), daisy pusher (qcb+lk+lp), s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
(slight delay) j.lp, j.mk (3), j.hk, H Divekick (qcf+hk),
dash OTG s.lk~s.lk, c.mk, c.hp, arpeggio (qcf+lk)

Notes: okay, so all there really is to say about this is that we're only 300 away from 8k with this on no charge...ummm check please?

@NotInVideo Non-seria Mid-Combo Charge BnB: 7.3k - 1 bar, no charge
c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, stance cancel
s.lp, s.hp~s.hp, silver chord (qcf+mk), daisy pusher (qcb+lk+lp), charge immediately after coffin makes contact,
c.lk, s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
(slight delay) j.lp, j.mk (3), j.hk,
s.mp, c.hp (4), arpeggio

Notes: This is a combo I found today and I'm actually starting to use this more because obviously it's max damage, but i have time to decide what the heck i wanna do if im doing a normal combo string. So if im gonna dispatch a foe, i can do this and save the rest of that time positioning instead of finishing up a second charge. Obviously it has max damage for a non-seria-charge combo & I like it :) Oh...also doesn't use H Divekick, so you can keep driving someone to the corner.

@1:09 Non-seria Mid-Combo Charge CornerPush BnB: 7k - 1 bar, no charge
c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, Draugen Punch (DP+P) > battle opera (qcb+mk+hk), start charging dragons breath (P-charge),
c.mk, s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
(slight delay) j.lp, j.mk (3), j.hk, M Divekick (qcf+mk),
s.mp, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
s.lp~s.lp, c.mk, c.hp (4), arpeggio (qcf+lk)

Notes: as squigly you don't NEED a charge, but it REALLY does help. I'd say for the most part it's not hard to get a charge, but sometimes people will be on you very hard. In that case, you can use this to get a charge if you manage to convert for the cost of one bar and a combo with it. The main reason to use this over the next combo is because it pushes the opponent to the corner instead of ending with H Divekick. You can thank yaya for that corner push segment.

@1:25 Non-seria Mid-Combo Charge Optimal BnB: 7.2k - 1 bar, no charge
c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, Draugen Punch (DP+P) > battle opera (qcb+mk+hk), start charging dragons breath (P-charge),
c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, chord (qcf+mk), s.mp, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
s.lp~s.lp, c.mk, s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
(slight delay) j.lp, j.mk (3), j.hk, H Divekick (qcf+hk)

Notes: this combo isn't much different, except you get 200 more damage...which in the scheme of things isn't particularly worth it, but if you wanna use chord & have a slightly easier-executed combo then this does exist.

@1:46 Seria Chord-less BnB: 7.2k - no bar, Serpent's Tail
c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
c.mp, s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
dash OTG s.lk~s.lk, c.mk, c.hp (4), arpeggio (qcf+lk)

Notes: I admit mountlovers seria combo is a little easier executed, does 100 more damage AND ends with a bait so I gotta admit, nicely done. However, mine has some nice perks too. After finishing, getting 2 charges is practically guaranteed...a big plus against rush-down like fortune, val, and filia who love being close to you. Also it doesn't use chord & lemme tell you, I raw chord a lot. Honestly, as squigly, learn when to raw chord! In addition it's DHC friendly at the H Divekick and with a light attack, you can continue the combo. But anyways it all depends on what you're feeling.

@2:02 Mountlover's Chorded Seria BnB w/Bait: 7.3k - no bar, any charge
c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, chord (qcf+mk), s.mp, s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
backdash c.hp (4)

Notes: mountlovers combo, very nicely done and fairly simple. If you've chorded, you can't do this combo, but at the same time, you might just wanna reset anyways. Also would be a bit harder to figure out a decent DHC combo with this, but overall a nice combo.

@2:22 Nuuance's MaxDamage Anywhere Seria BnB: 8k - 1 bar, any charge
c.mp, s.hp~s.hp, chord (qcf+mk), daisy pusher (qcb+lk+lp), c.lk, c.mk, s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
backdash c.hp (4)

Notes: found this combo in like 5 minutes. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't popped up before...anyways, yaya/guitalex never posted it so I'll just assume either they knew and never posted or were doing other things. Yeah...8k from anywhere with a bait at the end...hell yeah :) I'm so glad daisy pusher doesn't take away OTG off the bat ugh...so glad. Anyways, remember you CAN charge up your other charge if you want after daisy pusher. However, you won't be able to use the bait at the end from OTG, only netting you 7.6k. Finished with a bait at the end, you can even pop in a c.mk before the c.hp if the opponent refuses to burst. I'm not sure if you could do one-inch-punch from a burst-safe distance, but that might be a yummy finisher if they still don't wanna burst.

P.S. You CAN do oneinch punch from a safe distance, but when it makes contact for that short period, a burst will touch you. however after that youre safe.

P.P.S. Idk...looks like even O.I.P. is safe when done far enough away.

@2:44 Corner2corner sing swag BnB: 7.3k - 1 bar, Dragon's Breath
s.lk, s.hp~s.hp, Draugen punch (DP+P) (3) > battle opera (qcb+lk+mk),
sing, charge serpents tail, after 3rd-hit-ish run forward, OTG c.mk, c.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
(slight delay) j.lp, j.mk (3), j.hk,
s.lp~s.lp, s.mp, c.hp (4), arpeggio (qcf+lk)

Notes: the first swag combo I've ever made & I always get compliments on it! So feel free to use it and wow your opponent when you really wanna be disrespectful...AND send your foe to the corner!

@3:02 Divekick-Opera Sing Bait BnB: 7.3k - 1 bar, Dragon's Breath
c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, chord (qcf+mk), s.mp, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
j.mp, H Divekick (qcf+hk) > battle opera (qcb+lk+mk), s.lp~s.lp, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, one-inch-punch (qcf+lp), sing, c.hp (4)

Notes: this shit is pure icing. Completely unnecessary, but just SOOOO fun to do & even funner to pull off. Even after sing, you'd think the opponent would be out of range...but nope. That's what makes the bait so devious. I feel like this is one of the few nice baits she has. Obviously you can't do it back-to-back-to-back, but always a lovely combo to do if you don't mess it up.

@3:19 Midscreen Not-quite-OTG DP BnB: 7.6k-7.9k - 1 bar, dragons breath
c.mp, s.hp~s.hp, seria cancel,
c.lk, c.mk, s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, battle opera on landing (qcb+mk+hk),
not-quite-OTG Draugen Punch (DP+P),
j.lk, j.mk (3), j.hk, H Divekick (qcf+hk),
Backdash c.mk (optional), c.hp (4)

Notes: yeah this combo was just something I made to be different. It's really hard to do not necessarily because of the canceling, but because you have to get your DP in, but SAVE OTG. An that's really hard. The DP at optimal damage does 3 hits and if you hit sooner, you'll miss some vital damage unfortunately. On the difficulty scale, I'd give this a 6.7/10

@3:38 YaYa's MaxDamage Simple Seria Corner BnB: 8.1k - 1 bar, dragons breath
c.lk, c.mk, s.hp~s.hp, one-inch-punch (qcf+lp),
c.mk, s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, (land),
(slight delay) j.lp, j.mk (3), j.hk, M Divekick (qcf+mk),
s.mp, s.hp~s.hp, stance cancel,
s.lp~s.lp, c.mk, c.hp (4), silver chord (qcf+mk), daisy pusher (qcb+lk+lp), backdash c.hp (4)

Notes: Yaya told me this combo after I made the combo from earlier. Needless to say, I was sad, but also amazed at how effing simple this was! So straight forward. No fluff. Just the business in the same style from pre-patch. Nicely done.

@3:57 Nuuance's super-dumb-but-cool corner BnB: 7.9k-8k - 1 bar, dragons breath
c.mp, s.hp~s.hp, Draugen punch (DP+P),
Not-quite-OTG s.lk~s.lk, s.mp, s.hk,
j.mk (2), j.hp, battle opera on landing (qcb+mk+hk),
j.lk, j.mk (3), j.hk, H Divekick (qcf+hk),
backdash c.mk (optional), c.hp (4)

Notes: this is the modified corner version of my midscreen combo, I like this better style-wise, but it'll only get to 7.9k if you don't throw in the c.mk. 9/10 times you'll be able to throw in the c.mk though because good players don't wanna fall for the first bait and are thinking c.mk is safe from burst when it really isn't. Tricky right?:) I'd say use this if you want a classy corner finish.

EDIT: For a long time, I've wanted to optimize the combos we've come up with and aggregate everything we've learned about solo squigs & I finally decided to do that today. I am uploading it right now and will be putting it on the front page. I decided not to put in-video-text up because I feel it looks trashy & I hate it. So instead you'll have to look at the values listed for max damage and such.

Reactions: Darthground
Status
Not open for further replies.