• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly: Solo, Duetto, Trio

I've been trying out Fukua/Squigly using silver chord and that led to some good mixups but my PC is crappy as all hell do I do any more till at least June

George's Day Out seems ok for Squigly. You spend so much time airborne that you can catch people sleeping and tag 'em with George.

George's Day Out seems ok for Squigly. You spend so much time airborne that you can catch people sleeping and tag 'em with George.
Yeah this was my thought too. I figured that with a double jump would help me find a few hits here and there. I do want to mess around with HP and c.hp as well.

Tried some Squigly/Peacock on ranked last night. This team might actually not be garbage. I was using HK bomb as my assist and basically would do a short jump into j.MP and call the assist at the same time. Squigly can't combo off j.MP obv but it's a godlike hitbox that stops them from coming in for a second, then you can dash up and follow the plane in or just use the space it creates to charge a stance.

I may run this team for NCR. It's got some problems with no invincible assists and neither character is a good anchor but of the possible teams that can be created from the characters I play minus Big Band this might be the best one.

Reactions: blufang
So what do you guys feel is the best Fukua assist for Squigly ? She seems to have several decent options.

I've been rocking medium shadow as a neutral assist

As squigly I use the overhead assist because when I go low I can always pop that in and also it's GREAT on incoming characters for squigly school.hp then gotl overhead...so money

Yea you guys are right all the shadow assists seem to be pretty good. And the the hp drill assist is good too. Thats why I'm having trouble deciding. I've even tried using the armoured throw assist also with some good results.

I think I will have to try out the different assists in my weaker matchups like Peacock and Val and see which one functions the best.

OK, IMO, which assist you go with depends on how you want to treat your assists. Light and medium shadows are good at neutral. You can get some mixups (cross under with medium, high/low with light), and can mostly protect her since Fukua comes out a bit behind. Heavy shadow is similar, but it's hitbox is way worse than the other two. It's better if you use it in a rushdown setup against already grounded opponents. Drill is a pure pressure move. You can do some cute things by firing projectiles behind drill and getting a lot of chip or just running in behind it, but I find Bomber to be much better for this.

OK, IMO, which assist you go with depends on how you want to treat your assists. Light and medium shadows are good at neutral. You can get some mixups (cross under with medium, high/low with light), and can mostly protect her since Fukua comes out a bit behind. Heavy shadow is similar, but it's hitbox is way worse than the other two. It's better if you use it in a rushdown setup against already grounded opponents. Drill is a pure pressure move. You can do some cute things by firing projectiles behind drill and getting a lot of chip or just running in behind it, but I find Bomber to be much better for this.
Horizontally the H shadow is definitely something to need help & such but vertically it's really good when people are still in mid-air. Try it on jump-ins or tag-ins...amazing

My final team is at first glance a bit of a wierd combination.. I think it might need some improvements but it works fine for me.

-Filia (updo H): This is a very well known assist with almost no disadvantage, it can be thrown at almost any time so.. yeah no strange desitions yet.
What I like to do with updo is almost use it as bait, when I'm charging squigly's center stage or silver chord is great to get some free damage when filia is being hit or even after it lands.

-Squigly (→+HP): It's mostly used in conbination with filia's air moves,if hits on block it leaves the opponent blocking for the duration of the atack leaving filia/fukua some room to do almost anything, it makes for an awesome pressure tool on the corners since it's an overhead.

-Fukua (QCF+MP/HP): I use it as a pressure tool when I'm far from the opponent, but apart from that I just use it occasionally to extend a block period in order to charge silver chord and throw it safely.

Any thoughts on how to make this assists better?

For my team rn I play Squigly and Bella and I am definitely gonna pick up Eliza later(I was thinking a three man team, but idk rn. Also what would be a good spot for Eliza on this team? I haven't been able to figure that out). But as of right now I'm having issues with Squigly. I don't really know what assists to use for either character that is the most optimal. I usually go with Draugen Punch or DragnBite for Squigly and Cerecopter or LNL for Bella. But I am never sure which ones are better suited to help their game. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Well.. the way I use squigly with assists mainly consists in pressure and hit confirmed based combos so to choose an assist/assists depends on how I want to pressure or help me get those hit confirmed combos..
For example: sometimes I use Filia's updo to make them afraid of jumping over me, push them back to the corner or even start combos when I learn when to use it to get a combo off of it.. Squigly has amazing ways to reach the opponent when they are far, making very safe to use things such as: c.MK, c.MP, c.HP, J.HP, Tremolo, Silver chord, Center stage, Arpeggio etc.. Almost all of this attacks can be followed up by her super: Battle Opera. If one of this hits you have basically garanteed a lot of easy damage.

In combination with some assists you can make squiggly more much better...but it depends on your playstyle...that's my opinion on the matter.

i used to run drag and bite, but then switched to cr.HP and havent looked back. the initial range is very similar if not better, much better at catching happy birthdays, plus using it in conjunction with BBs sliding knockdowns and then instant overhead j.MK is too much fun.

Reactions: Karlaaldana