• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Stage ideas for potential DLC characters

Bankenstein8

Reaction score
Big Band Beowulf Unknown
Since each new character will be getting a stage, I thought it could be interesting to discuss if anybody had any ideas for stages, whether for specific potential characters or just in general.

I think a good stage idea for Marie as a playable character (as she already has a stage as a boss) would be the orphanage she and Peacock used to live in, perhaps a ruined and non-ruined version if they're still doing stage variations.

Reactions: Holy Goose
Some stages I'd like to see:

- Lab 0 - would be cool to see more Lab 0 members as background NPCs, since we never saw any apart from Brain Drain and Valentine - would probably come with Brain Drain since I can't think of any other known potential characters the stage would fit thematically

- Filia's school - we've seen this stage in pre-alpha versions of the game too - I can see this coming with Mrs. Victoria or D. Violet

- Rainy version of Streets of New Meridian - the original concept for the stage was supposed to have rain but I guess that it wasn't implemented due to hardware limitation - maybe this could be done now?

- Cirque des Cartes - for the Circus-related characters like Feng - Circus guys need more love

- The Medici port/warehouse district - where Patricia and Carol were "rescued" - could come with someone like Dahlia or Ottomo?

- Airship stage - kinda like May's stage in Guilty Gear - either a generic airship or the one Lorenzo uses to escape from Medici Tower

- "Deadly Airport" - airship port maybe with the named Egrets and other military type in the background like Guile's stage in SF - possibly for an Egret character like Panzer or Adam my beloved

There are a dozen of other locations I'd like to see but those are the top ones for me that come to mind

- Airship stage - kinda like May's stage in Guilty Gear - either a generic airship or the one Lorenzo uses to escape from Medici Tower
I think this one would be awesome for Dahlia and Ottomo. They are very close to Lorenzo, anyway.

- "Deadly Airport"
Definitely should be in the game.
But I was thinking that some characters could have that scrapped Daylight Atrium stage. Like Adam your beloved. He spends a lot of time babysitting in the palace anyway.
I'm kind of sad that we only got that stage as a story mode background.

I wonder, what sort of a place Isaac would have. Aeon and Venus are huge mysteries too in that regard. Maybe Aeon could have her room as a playable stage? Maybe she and Isaac would even have the same "home" time-themed stage? Or, alternatively, Isaac's stage would be an archaeological site, a library or an auditorium? So many possibilities.

Scythana probably would have a jail stage. Minette and Yu Wan might have their restaurant (which is a cruel choice; they'll have to clean up the place after).

I would like to see some sort of a boxing ring/ training room stage for Stanley and Andy Anvil, but I'm afraid it would be too similar to Beowulf's Arena. There are so many characters affiliated with Lab 8, I hope they will get a decent number of stages outside of that one. Maybe, some party spot to the teens?

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
I wonder, what sort of a place Isaac would have. Aeon and Venus are huge mysteries too in that regard. Maybe Aeon could have her room as a playable stage? Maybe she and Isaac would even have the same "home" time-themed stage? Or, alternatively, Isaac's stage would be an archaeological site, a library or an auditorium? So many possibilities.
For Isaac, yeah somewhere in Canopolis University where he teaches, or maybe in Canopolis in general. Also maybe the underground ruins he found, if that doesn't duplicate with Gehenna.

Scythana probably would have a jail stage. Minette and Yu Wan might have their restaurant (which is a cruel choice; they'll have to clean up the place after).
A broken jail stage would be cool, with criminal-type NPCs in the background.

I would like to see some sort of a boxing ring/ training room stage for Stanley and Andy Anvil, but I'm afraid it would be too similar to Beowulf's Arena. There are so many characters affiliated with Lab 8, I hope they will get a decent number of stages outside of that one. Maybe, some party spot to the teens?
Maybe a Halloween party stage for the teens like that Hive comic lol. Probably doesn't really fit the timeline of the game.

Any speculation for Dahlia's stage?
I think the stage atop Lorenzo's airship that I mentioned earlier would be really cool and it would fit if the story includes the Medici Tower attack. Maybe with a running background like the train stage.

A stage set in a stormy night would be amazing. Here's hoping!

I think having a stage being located near a Chinese restaurant in the Dragon Dynasty would be a great idea for Feng if she makes it in in the future.

I think having a stage being located near a Chinese restaurant in the Dragon Dynasty would be a great idea for Feng if she makes it in in the future.
I think if any of the circus characters get in it would be nice to have an actual stage set in the circus.

A stage set in a stormy night would be amazing. Here's hoping!
I think it would be really good for D. Violet. Might be even having her in the background, as a reference to "Batman: The Animated Series".

Would absolutely love a stormy field similar to street fighter's epic showdown stage. No man's land is a similar empty space that stands out from the busier stages.

Edit: I take it back. We just need night mode backstage

Last edited: