• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly Stancel dash input bug?

Yomabuddy

I don't play Big Band just for the assist.
Reaction score
Steam
Yomabuddy
Filia Big Band
If you hold 2 during the stancel input, continue holding 2 and then input a dash in the stancel animation, and hit PP while still holding 2 you get a dash. Can easily remedy this by letting the input return to neutral during the stancel animation and hitting 2PP again to get whatever input you're supposed to get, but I don't think the dash problem is intended behaviour so I thought to post it anway.

@Mike_Z

Okay... attempted translation:
If you do a button dash at some point during a stancel while holding down, it lets the dash come out.
In most other (all?) situations holding down or crouching prevents PP for a button dash.

Okay... attempted translation:
If you do a button dash at some point during a stancel while holding down, it lets the dash come out.
In most other (all?) situations holding down or crouching prevents PP for a button dash.
This. I no speaking good English.

Reactions: skull person
Oh.

Down doesn't prevent you from dashing, your full-crouch animation does. You can dash while crouchING, which is how wavedashing works.
So...not a bug?

But I was holding down while inputting the dash buttons, and I thought that dashes while holding down were not supposed to work (ie doing down+punch+punch input at the same time)? That's why I brought it up. If it's set to something like "while in full crouch, hitting 2 punches will not give a dash" then you're right and it's not a bug, but letting go of the stick during the stancel animation and then doing down+punch+punch doesn't give me a dash, so IDK?

EDIT: I am an idiot and I hit the post reply button early.

EDIT2: Basically what I do in the video is

[2]HP, PP, PP and it gives me a dash

and doing

[2]HP, PP, 5, 2PP will not give me a dash.

I might be completely misunderstanding what you said though so I'm sorry.

Last edited: