• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Stream Calendar

dMags

Well-known Meatball
Reaction score
Steam
theDMAGS
PSN
theDMAGS
Hi Guys, so I had an idea to try and organize all stream times into a google calendar to make viewing a little bit easier. For myself personally, I've missed some streams that I wish I saw simply because I didn't see the thread in time, or I missed it entirely. So to try and help solve this problem, and to make things a bit easier for newer users to find, I thought it would be a good idea to create a public calendar which will let people know when regular streams are occurring. This will be your ONE STOP SHOP for all of your Stream Viewing needs.

For right now, I just want to get some feedback, since everybody may not like it and I'm certainly not trying to say "hey this is a thing now do it". So let me know if people think this is useful, and I will organize this OP better and we can go from there.

Here's the link for the Skullgirls Stream Calendar, unfortunately I can't embed it here due to forum limitations, but the link should be view-able by everyone, with or without a google account. It's currently blank since I want the stream owners to post their events. Let me know if there are any issues viewing it.

The way it works right now:
- Calendar is view-able by everyone
- To EDIT and GIVE PERMISSIONS for the Calendar, I need to explicitly share it to an email address ( I believe it needs to be a gmail account, not positive on that though so we can try it out ). Once I give permission, you can add/edit events and give permission to other users, so you essentially become a moderator ( think of the POWAAAH )
- Currently it should display times in EST, but I believe if you have a gmail account it will display in your preferred timezone
- This is NOT intended to be a "reservation", but rather letting people know when regular streams happen, so yes it is ok for 2 or more streams to happen at the same time

What SHOULD go into the Calendar:
- Regularly occurring streams ( e.g. Salt mine, UGC Live, Slapfest, Brazil Weekly's, etc....)
- Kumites ( since these are becoming more popular )
- Monthly Tournaments
- Majors

What SHOULD NOT go into the Calendar:
- "Hey I'm gunna randomly stream my training mode for an hour, starting in 5 minutes"
- Anything that isn't going to occur regularly, on a schedule

To ADD an event:
- If you do not currently have permission, request it from one of the "mods" ( I'll make a list of those people here in the OP if it takes off )
- Create your event, fill in the time and dates, and how often it repeats if necessary
- In the description, be sure to include the STREAM LINK

Okay that's it, post feedback here, do you guys think this will be useful? is it too much work? Should this thread just die in a fire? If this does take off, I'll clean up the OP here and make the information a bit more presentable.

Added an event for Winter Brawl 9 - Top 8 stream this Sunday 2/22/2015 starting between 5-6pm EST, will be hosted by Kick-Punch-Block -- www.twitch.tv/kpblive

Reactions: mcpeanuts
wow we don't have regular events......... this is a problem.......

the calendar is so full of events, that no events are showing up......

but for real, nobody really replied so I didn't do anything, but I would like to actually comprise the calendar just to see how much streaming there really is. I'll make an update sometime over the next week

When I get my fight josh stream going I'll add it in. Also once skullbats starts up again that should definitely go in there

Reactions: dMags