• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

Also, someone made a more appropriate version of Max's Hugo freak-out (which made me wonder how the heck Hugo knew about the benefits of Hatred Install):

he learned it from Maxima of course.

Not that I'll be back to this thread, but I always found it sort of weird that "clones" of a big bulky dude are tiny lithe women. Maybe it was supposed to be "vessels"?
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's another bit that was lost in translation somewhere. Japanese can be pretty difficult to translate at times.

Alternatively, he only wants whatever body he has to be simply be capable of handling his power.

Alternative to the alternative, he automagically just transforms whatever his host body is into Bison form because PSYCHO POWERS.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's another bit that was lost in translation somewhere. Japanese can be pretty difficult to translate at times.

Alternatively, he only wants whatever body he has to be simply be capable of handling his power.

Alternative to the alternative, he automagically just transforms whatever his host body is into Bison form because PSYCHO POWERS.
Like Orochimaru! :PUN:

Speaking about changing looks (how's that for a transition?) is there a chart or something that explains the contents of the various alternate costume packs and stuff? I haven't upgraded to ultra yet.

Also Rolento is a wizard now?

all I know is pink is the best palette for pirate poison.

You can continue what you were talking about, but I'm just going to leave this here:
Whoa what? I'm confused, does Hugo actually have a shitton of armor or something for that ex move?

I meant as a regular thing.

A few characters make somewhat heavy use of long combos. Chun and Dudley immediately come to mine.

A few characters make somewhat heavy use of long combos. Chun and Dudley immediately come to mine.
okay, as specifically as I can, I meant as a regular thing for EVERY character. Sorry for any confusion.

So they forgot to give Poison the input buffer that every other character has to make sure they can do their specials without getting errors if their motions aren't absolutely perfect, so she jumps half the time anybody tries to do a fireball.

WTG Peter.

to be fixed in Super Ultra Street Fighter 4?
Seriously how many weird bugs have they found, first something weird about Elena now Poison and it is only the second day

okay, as specifically as I can, I meant as a regular thing for EVERY character. Sorry for any confusion.

Street Fighter 4 is very different from most other fighters and long combos almost don't exist, in SF4 it's a lot more heavy on neutral game, predictions, and footsies or fireball dodging. Once you get in it's about getting about a 4-7 hit combo usually then repeating neutral game and predictions to get your next short combo in. There's some characters with target combos and some that can combo into their ultras and supers and some that just don't have ways to combo into much of anything.

Reactions: SanoBaron
to be fixed in Super Ultra Street Fighter 4?
Seriously how many weird bugs have they found, first something weird about Elena now Poison and it is only the second day
My only real issue is with Decapre's air spiral. She can do it EXTREMELY close to the ground but the input buffer doesnt allow diagnal up or down to be used as the second directional input: it needs to be a straight forward input which is difficult, though not impossible, to do quickly and consistently from an up-back input.

Some of the new characters inputs are a bit too lenient imo. I never realized how annoying 33 input dps' and not using lp+lk for command throws are until I was p-linking with Elena and Hugo and kept getting their dps...

33 doesn't really bother me because I hold 1 any time I don't need a command normal by default

having to go to 1 every time after walking forward to avoid getting 626 when doing 236 is incredibly annoying for me though so go figure

Near as I can tell, they're trying to convince everyone to convert to hitbox so you can do those crazy C. Viper shenanigans.

33 doesn't really bother me because I hold 1 any time I don't need a command normal by default

having to go to 1 every time after walking forward to avoid getting 626 when doing 236 is incredibly annoying for me though so go figure
Stuff like that can be fixed by giving 236 higher priority, though.
But then again that's on the programmers....

Walk forward 2LP 2LP xx 236HP.... No I DIDN'T want a DP there SF4....

Reactions: Covenant
so is everyone finding ultra enjoyable?

i'm just considering to get it now but i'm not sure. so i'm asking opinions.

I find it enjoyable. the new characters are fun, the new online functionality is neat, and its a pretty good buy if you want to be up to date with SF4.

I don't know how people are doing accidental dragon punches. I keep getting quarter circles instead when I actually WANT to dragon punch off of a crouching attack. So i'm having the reverse issue, not enough DP's are actually coming out as DP's.
It actually varies by character a bit.

For me I'm trying to do Lynx Tail after a c.mp but Spin Scythe keeps coming out instead. Which is strange because I never had a hard time doing crouching links into dragon punches until Elena.
QCF have no input lenience so it sounds like you're inputting 2(for the c.mp) 421 4. Check out the input display.

Also 121 and 232 work as dps so that will probably make it easier.

So they forgot to give Poison the input buffer that every other character has to make sure they can do their specials without getting errors if their motions aren't absolutely perfect, so she jumps half the time anybody tries to do a fireball.

WTG Peter.
IDK my friend who like mains SFIV and is really good kept getting that and getting really mad, but me, supah noob didn't get that once.

IDK my friend who like mains SFIV and is really good kept getting that and getting really mad, but me, supah noob didn't get that once.
It's been confirmed by multiple people and I don't know what controller you use, but it happens like crazy for me on stick but it's totally fine on pad for obvious reasons. Hitbox players likely wouldn't be having any issues, either.

If you're on stick, you may just be less prone to overswinging your quarter circles by the miniscule amount it takes to trigger the problem.

So I got super excited when I was in training mode and found that Juri was able to do her U2 during FSE if she was running W-Ultra and then realized it was a glitch resulting from infinite ultra meter being enabled and won't happen in a match.

Still, W-Ultra is pretty amazing for her regardless. The time limit on FSE doesn't seem to take much of a hit nor does U2 get hit with too crippling a damage nerf, and both ultras have mutually exclusive situational usefulness so it seems like it should do a really great job covering her bases.

It's been confirmed by multiple people and I don't know what controller you use, but it happens like crazy for me on stick but it's totally fine on pad for obvious reasons. Hitbox players likely wouldn't be having any issues, either.

If you're on stick, you may just be less prone to overswinging your quarter circles by the miniscule amount it takes to trigger the problem.
I use a stick, yeah.
I took me and my friend into training room with input display, and my quater circles are just cleaner.

Also, what is the best hit confirm into rekkas for Poison?

I use a stick, yeah.
I took me and my friend into training room with input display, and my quater circles are just cleaner.

I don't have the game, but I've been seeing players in online match videos do her BnB that starts with something like cr.LPx2, s.MK and then Rekkas.

Reactions: klaww
I use a stick, yeah.

If you are looking for combos and stuff for Poison, Hurtbox tv made a video with some poison combos.

Reactions: klaww
why did you red focus cancel into ultra instead of genejin into ultra?

Say... does Elena still has her "handstand fail" animation?

sNGgL3P.gif

that was a cute thing more or less

why did you red focus cancel into ultra instead of genejin into ultra?
After a red focus, yun can follow up with srk LP > qcf HP in the corner for the same damage. Hugo's size just makes the ultra animation weird and leaves you further out making it harder for the first part. Basically I could have dealt the same damage as genejin and still had meter left over.

Say... does Elena still has her "handstand fail" animation?

sNGgL3P.gif

that was a cute thing more or less

Of course not.
She has 3 (4 max) different animations for all her taunts...