• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 5: Hopes and Speculations, Wants and Needs, Your Greatest Desires! SKULLHEART EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrestlerGuile

Reaction score
Steam
EVoDRAgQUEEn (If a Skullgirls Sequel comes out)
PSN
FASTERLANED
Painwheel Unknown Unknown
CAPCOM has slated for the fifth installment of the main Street Fighter to appear in 2018...WOAH, that's pretty far away, isn't it!? Well, yes it is, so what I want to see is your speculations and hopes for this installment in the franchise.

I hope Capcom actually takes a page from Skullgirls and Lab Zero book in terms of quality, balance, and the community(I've been comparing a lot of fighting games to Skullgirls lately because of it's quality, so yeah). I wish Capcom would hand draw their characters and go back to 2D stages from 2.5D simply because I saw the beautiful stages of SF:3 2nd Impact. I hope they come up with original themes for their characters instead of opting for nostalgia. Speaking of music, I wish they could bring out new rhythms ahead of their time like the way they Capcom did in SF:3 and SFA series'.
I speculate the return of the parry mechanic because fans have been screaming for it.
I would love the return of characters from SF Alpha(which I havn't even played before), especially Sodom and Rose.
Edit: I absolutely hope for completely original characters that don't even exist in the Final Fight/ Street Fighter Universe!

Last edited:
it does make sense why it would take Capcom so long to make SF5 for 2018.

they are making an entirely new engine to replace the MT framework one, and I think they'll want to get their bearings around it before they start on it.

but I would love to see the final fight guys make a return, as well as Decapre. Condisering I've legit wanted her as a character since I saw her in the Udon comics

I would like to see the addition of at least one new combat mechanic that has not been a part of the Street Fighter series as of yet. What that may be, I don't know, but some combat mechanic that makes the game stand out from its predecessors the way that parrying and focus art did for their respective titles.

Adding dynamic music would be nice; to have the soundtrack react to the events of the fight is a really cool mechanic that I wish was in more Fighting Games.

Character-wise, I would like to see Q. I don't play Q; I was terrible as Q in Street Fighter 3. Regardless, Q is a great character, and it genuinely surprises me that he hasn't made a return yet, despite the unending clamoring for him by fans.

I guess they couldn't afford a voice-actor for him :P

wrestling. so much more wrestling. literally half the cast needs to be wrestling
some SFA/3 characters likes Karin, Eagle, Ingrid. Alex, Q, Necro, Sean. etc
full final fight reunion with Maki and Sodom making a return
cool new characters
eeyore yagami
megaman volnutt
frank weast
the scalene triangle
a well-sculpted bottom
Noembelu
only one cammy
12 ryus
half of a ken
7/8 sakura
and half a stick of butter
mix thoroughly
pour into a medium sized heatproof baking pan
25 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit
eat your new tasty original fighters

I would like to see HD-Sprites or at least 3D-Models with the quality of GGXRD.

Character wise, I really wish they would move forward and stop reusing the same characters over and over again with only minor new ability’s. They should really do it like they did with SF3, take only 3-4 classic characters but create a whole new roster of fighter’s around them.

And the ones who do return, should look and play drastically different. Ryu for example should be much older, have a beard and maybe have only one arm, or hide one like Oro does to keep the fight fair. Because he most likely studied under Oro during SF3, his fighting style should be a fresh new mix from both of his master’s styles in SF5. Ken should be out, maybe retired from tournaments, but teenage Mel takes his spot.

Maybe all grown-up Sakura and the young Mel as posterboys, with Ryu taking more of a background role? If there would be an evil organization, I would like to see something new that isn’t daisy-chained to Shadaloo in some way or form. Akuma should be in too, maybe on a crossroad between Human- and Oni-Form, or utilize a transformation-mechanic within the game.

They brought back many old characters for SF4, and since the game was around for so long and is so popular, I think a new start with new characters won’t happen. But I think it would be the best thing for the series.

Reactions: KaboomKid
i just realized street fighter is 27 years old

They brought back many old characters for SF4, and since the game was around for so long and is so popular, I think a new start with new characters won’t happen. But I think it would be the best thing for the series.
There's also the fact that SF3 was probably the least popular iteration of the franchise specifically because they tried what you suggested, whereas doing what they did with SF4 helped reinvigorate the entire fighting game genre, so I really don't expect to see this happen. The original 12 from SF2 are undoubtedly going to be a lock plus whichever representatives from other games proved to be fan favorites and a handful of newcomers, just like with SF4 because that's the most marketable way to go.

The better question is who out of the current SF4 lineup isn't making the cut, at least initially.

I want El Fuerte back at least
i know he isn't the most popular but goddammit he's got the soul of lucha libre burning inside of him
he deserves to be in every street fighter game

Reactions: Eben
I want El Fuerte back at least
i know he isn't the most popular but goddammit he's got the soul of lucha libre burning inside of him
he deserves to be in every street fighter game
even the past ones? I'd be hard-pressed to find someone who's willing to make new sprites for older games. LOL

even the past ones? I'd be hard-pressed to find someone who's willing to make new sprites for older games. LOL
#PutJuriInST

Reactions: BZ Choy
One of the most interesting characters in the Street Fighter 3 series is Remy. I hope they modify his style to one of someone who really does hate fighting. Maybe he hates fighting but isn't above doin' what peacock calls "Garbage Day!", maybe he should have a charging zoning style, something more unique than "Guile and Charlie with blinkers instead of dog whistles"!
The better question is who out of the current SF4 lineup isn't making the cut, at least initially.
I feel it's Seth who's getting the boot! SF fans have complained that he's a generic, boring opponent. Maybe his underling Juri will replace him as ultimate.

Last edited:
More Juri.
4274830+_4e0f51cf9c46bc12372f8ecc9e9df5ed.jpg

Pretty much just that. SFxTK Juri needs to be the permanent go to version of her. People fear crouch fierce jump cancel into a high damage combo more than a shoryuken from a shoto.

I feel it's Seth who's getting the boot! SF fans have complained that he's a generic, boring opponent. Maybe his underling Juri will replace him as ultimate.
I think that's pretty much a given since the real, honest-to-god-not-a-random-clone Seth is shown getting killed by Juri in her ending. I also can't say I expect Abel, Fuerte, or Gouken back in vanilla SF5, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rose ended up not making the cut as much as I like her, either. Rufus could go either way, Juri managed to make top 8 in that character popularity poll Capcom did last year and both she and Viper got pushed to the moon in their debuts so I would be surprised to see either of them not make a return.

As far as what I personally want out of the game in general, I think it's definitely time to move past SF3 in the timeline, let the SF2 and Alpha characters show some visible aging and development of their movesets. Sakura, for instance, can totally play the same but the animations need to make it appear like she's become more refined as a fighter. Stronger looking fireballs, less klutzy body movements in her attacks, that sort of thing.

Also, costume changes for the returning characters to denote the passage of time. Alpha was really great about this and it's silly that most of them would be fighting in the exact same outfits they've been wearing since SF2.

is what i want

Do you think SF5 will take place before or after the timeline of SF3?

it'll take place during sf3
but a little to the left

it'll take place during sf3
but a little to the left
That actually sounds brilliant, kinda like a "meanwhile where else" timeline!

Reactions: Jutsei
That actually sounds brilliant, kinda like a "meanwhile where else" timeline!
Well, there were enough characters that weren't in SF3 where it would make some amount of sense to build a game around whatever they were doing, plus you can have characters who were in SF3 as a way to crossover with its story.

I'd like to see only one version released instead of a new version every two years or so.

Reactions: jam1220
I'd like to see only one version released instead of a new version every two years or so.
I also feel Capcom should get their shit together because they don't have so much money to waste on constant revisions. I think before finishing the game, they should at least tell the public about their gameplay plans even if it's a tiny little demo of their new engine capabilities and share their concept mechanics. Most of all, they should get the story they want without constantly pissing out non-sequel sequels.

I agree with this. This ain't the 90s cartridge days anyway, and they saw that they're getting dwindling returns on releasing updates as new games with both SF4 and MvC3. They need to get into the present and offer new characters as individual DLC and release the balance updates for free.

And for the love of god I hope they learned their lesson with SFxT and don't just set aside characters to be released later as DLC, and ESPECIALLY don't put them on the disc anyway. There is a way to do this sort of model and that is not it.

Reactions: agent13
I know I'm probably one of "those" guys, but I honestly wouldn't mind if they made a character of the old "King Cobra" design Rufus they didn't use.
Seeing as how that character design was turned into an alternate costume for Ken, Id say its probably already dead in the water.

I really hope they don't make cammy stupid so i don't feel bad using her but i want viper back

Just put in Maki and I'll be happy. In fact just put all of the Final Fight characters after Final Fight 1.

I'd also like some more classic stages to return, such as the Australia stage from SFA2 or Yun's Stage from 3rd Strike with the rain. As a matter of fact just remake all of the stages from SFA2, they were the best.

At this point I have absolutely no expectations for SF5. For all I know it could end up being a smartphone F2P game because Capcom doesn't have the money for anything more.

Getting Sodom back would be nice. Maybe make the gameplay closer to that of the Alpha games, as that always my favorite sub-series of Street Fighter. That's really all I've got to say on the subject.

I want it to not be based on the SFII system, because fuck SFII/IV...I mean yeah, I get it "ooh, combos were glitches at first, so we should make combos feel like a glitch now oooh" but really? C'mon.
Plz no comeback mechanics, I suck, but even I feel like I didn't earn my win when I hit you with a random ultra and win.
More target combos? I like them, and everybody should have like 3 of them at the least, I think.

I'd like to see multiple in-match supers, because why not? If only one of them is intended to be useful, and the other is for flash(Thinking about ultras) why not let me do either one provided I have enough meter?

It would be cool to see at least one Street Fighter EX character, but that is super unlikely, so meh.
No copy-paste boss characters? Stuff like Oni and Shin-Gouki are fine, but Seth is fucking stupid.
less shotos plz, or at the very least stop making them look so similar. I doubt Ken Masters would only wear a gi, so why make his default costume...a gi?

uh...
uh...
I hope the new SF has a consistent art style that isn't too hard on the eyes like SFxT was.

Reactions: BZ Choy
I desire for a more honest DLC policy

Like... balance updates are free (because they are similar to bugfixes, really), all that is developed before the game is shipped is shipped WITH THE GAME, DLCs are ONLY for things developed AFTER the game was launched and you can buy what you want individually and make "your" personal edition rather than being forced to pay more and buy characters you don't want just to keep playing

More Juri.
Like at least 33% more Juri.
I want Juri to take up at least 3 character slots by herself.

Some kind of public beta where they can test new patches, characters, the super/turbo/ultra/X editions that'll come out, similar to what Skullgirls has because that is incredibly smart plus you can make money off of it the only reason not to is because it degrades hype a little when you know what's going to be in the full game from the beta (but even then you can just hype up its appearance in the beta, so whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.