• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Stretch Your Vocal Chords[Please Read Description]

WrestlerGuile

Reaction score
Steam
EVoDRAgQUEEn (If a Skullgirls Sequel comes out)
PSN
FASTERLANED
Painwheel Unknown Unknown
I love voice acting so much to where I want to be a voice actor too, but I'm too afraid to do this in public because people might think I'm crazy. So I decided I'm going to strut my stuff here. Plus, I want to hear the talent you have. This is a thread for the brave and not-so-brave after all(I'm the not-so-brave).
Disclaimer: This thread is not an audition thread where you try out to be a voice actor on Skullgirls or any other IP. This is all just for fun. You can voice over your favorite Skullgirls character and even voice act the characters with voice overs already, but please don't attempt to or imply that you're trying to one-up the Lab Zero VAs and don't say "This is better than so-and-so," because everyone's has a different vision for how a character might or does sound.
Q&A
Q: Why is this in off-topic general and not the voice-acting thread?
A: I felt I needed to be general any type of voice acting and not just fan voice overs, which you can do.

Q: What If I want to critique someone's voice acting to help them?
A: If you want to critique somebody, then please do it respectfully and without insult. Also, depending on what the moderators might want, you may have to personal message it. If a poster asks for open criticism, then you're welcome to give it respectfully.

Q: Can I give voice acting tips or post videos of voice acting tips?
A: Go ahead! I know I need them.

Q: How do I post my voice acting bravado?
A: Any way you can think of including Youtube, facebook, or Vocaroo.

Q: When will you post your own voice acting talent?
A: Soon. I still need some practice.

Q: Are professionals welcome?
A: Everyone's welcome! Amateurs, Professionals, Intermediates, Just-for-Lulz, EVERYONE!

Q: Can I sing?
A: Why, of course!

Personal Q&A
Q: How did you get into voice acting?
A: When I first heard Kevin Micheal Richardson's voice acting and how great it was, I got hooked.

Q: Are you a good voice actor.
A: I don't know. Even when I learn the ins and outs of how to voice act including accents, tones, getting into your character, etc., I still don't know. When I ask my family, I don't get much helpful criticism from them, so here I am.

Q: Will you try out in a professional level?
A: One day, I may try out.

So, enjoy the road and strut those strongmen-like vocal muscles.

i want to do this but i really feel uncomfortable letting people hear me sing ( I sung at talent shows before, covering acts like Depeche Mode, Nine inch nails, and Sublime.) But i dont really have a strong range of high pitch or low pitch.

Well its okay to me. I don't really.have any criticism other than the fact that you sound too nervous. (yeah look whos talking, someone who is stuggling with it as well).
At least you don't speak faster than your mind thinks, that is a major mishap on my part.

Reactions: WrestlerGuile
Here's some great tips here!

Last edited:
I have a question: Should I work on my normal voice
ya I think so. Get the easy part out the way first

I just found why it's harder for me to voice act my own characters: it's because I can't see them. I need a visual of my characters so that I can appropriately convey all of their expressions and emotions, so before I voice act my characters I should draw them but I should also still practice voice acting.
Also, what are y'all afraid of? I'm tired of overtaking this thread for myself!