• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Super Mario Bros. Z: REBOOT COMING SOON!

CountofBleck

King of Casuals, Infinite American Resets
Reaction score
Steam
-W3E- W+Fire
PSN
flameknight96
Filia Robo Fortune Double

So, if anyone remembers this old dusty gem from the mid to late 2000's, you probably recognize it as one of the best quality sprite series to ever touch the net. For those of you who don't know, Here's a little summary.

Super Mario Bros Z is a a crossover with Mario and Sonic, with a few dashes of Dragonball Z added into the flavor pot. Mario and Luigi do Mario and Luigi things until Sonic and Shadow show up looking to get the 7 Chaos Emeralds before Mecha Sonic does, who has become super powerful and pretty much destroyed most of Mobius. Each emerald gives Mecha Sonic even more power, so the Mario Bros. assist their new allies to save the Mario World from destruction. Meanwhile, Bowser meets a new ally after his defeat from the Mario Bros., who has begun assisting him and taking his army to a new threatening level!

The series was known for not only its nod to multiple games and lore of Sonic, Mario, and DBZ, but also for the DBZ style fight scenes which were unparalleled at the time.

Note:All of these were made almost a decade ago

I for one am super excited to see this make a return, and am thinking of re-watching the entire series to prepare!

didn't Alvin EarthWorm say that he was going to continue the show like 5 years ago?

didn't Alvin EarthWorm say that he was going to continue the show like 5 years ago?
I believe that was a rumor of some sort.

But look! Progress!

Why reboot it when it's not even finished? Alvin said he was done with it, not wanting to work on it anymore. Unless it's HIM working on it, I'm not really interested. Alvin Earthworm knows his snuff about fight scenes and his spritting was top notch. I'm not about to give my views to someone that wants to mimic it just to try and garner fame from someone else's work...

and it wasn't a rumor.. it was right on his Newgrounds account... he made a news post quite some time ago about quitting.

Why reboot it when it's not even finished? Alvin said he was done with it, not wanting to work on it anymore. Unless it's HIM working on it, I'm not really interested. Alvin Earthworm knows his snuff about fight scenes and his spritting was top notch. I'm not about to give my views to someone that wants to mimic it just to try and garner fame from someone else's work...

and it wasn't a rumor.. it was right on his Newgrounds account... he made a news post quite some time ago about quitting.

1. Alvin himself is working on it again.

2. You could at least try to Google this first. Seriously, its not hard.

3. I was referring to the rumor that he was remaking the series, not the resignation.

It is hard when you're on a fucking cellphone tether that runs at 15kb/s... it takes several minutes to even load this damned page.

edit:

Sorry for snapping like that.. The slowness of the cellphone gets me pretty cranky. To watch a 30 second video takes almost 30 mins to download (if I want to watch it without the delays)... hell the 1.03 patch for ps4 for Skullgirls took 4 hours to download... Hell, I tried to upload a vlog update for my channel and this is what youtube said:
11953115_881005085268053_3617303999984179750_n.jpg

... anyways, sorry. Next time though
, if you're goingto make an announce post, make sure you include all the data. Not many people (who actually can search) will actually do so. There are people out there like that..

Last edited:
I wonder if Fire Flower Sonic'll show up again. Was the coolest thing of Episode 8.

Never thought I would see this come back. I'm excited for what Alvin has in store though.

damn
doesn't this ever bring me back to my baby days on the internet
Hope he does well with it, and has the interest to complete it this time!

Reactions: juju_for_president
OH SHIT
HYPE IS REAL

Rewatched the series like a month ago, still love it

Alvin's a dick to his fans though.

Man, I can't believe this is back. I still always rewatch the Mecha Sonic vs Axem Rangers fight whenever it finds its way onto my YouTube dashboard.

I wonder if sprite animation has gotten any easier now that more software is likely available to Alvin Earthworm for this reboot. If so, the odds of this series reaching a timely conclusion are way more likely.

Edit: I am rather disappointed that he's not using the Sonic and Knuckles Mecha Sonic sprite. I'm sure the custom one has more flexibility, but it's still a shame.

shit
that was pretty great
it felt like I was just watching a shounen with some looney tunes comedy (so basically classic dragonball nyo ho)
good fun animation with a fun script, hoping to see more
and, most of all, using Mr. Satan voice clips for Rawk Hawk
simply genius